Suggestion for buying hifi items abroad (Singapore)

karthick raja

Hi All,
I am planning to buy AVR and BS (2.1) if i can find at much lesser price than in India and ofcourse some blurays too. My budget is around 30k for AVR + 20k for BS and decided to hand carry them. Will soon extend to 5.1 after some time. Need your inputs. My preference is like 50% music and 40% movies and 10% occassional TV channels(HD).

Hi!!

I believe you will have to shop around Sherangoon Plaza 1 & 2 for audio stuff.
Singapore is expensive. India is better . Singapore has some what lost its charm as a shoppers paradise unless you live/ earn in the country.

Cheers

Singapore prices are as much as India.
But do take a look at an AV mall called The Adelphi. 3 or 4 floors of sheer pleasure from budget to exotic. If you are into any AV, this is Mecca in Singapore. Couple of stores selling audiophile CDs and records too. You can spend hours there!
The Adelphi, 1 Coleman Street, Singapore 179803

You can look at Sim Lim also for budget only stuff.

Are you by any chance off to Hong Kong also? Much cheaper for AV products.
Mostly at Mong Kok or Central.

Check for dealers from manufacturers websites.

After the successfull and exciting trip, bought home the DENON AVR 2113 :yahoo:from Alpha Audio,ADELPHI mall for ard 36k. Now, my journey to my dream 5.1 HT system starts here. Since this is my first Hifi purchase :Dafter my headphones ATH-M50 , kind of confused with the options. Will start a new thread while I am ready to buy , going to start with FS + center probably:eek:hyeah:

good,Are you by any chance off to Hong Kong also? Much cheaper for AV products.thanks
mZjt

Congrats Karthik,

What are the other items with their prices u saw in Singapore?

Friend visiting in Sept. Did u c any speaker systems also.

what the price denon 1912?

good,Are you by any chance off to Hong Kong also? Much cheaper for AV products.thanks
mZjt

Not so soon. But will check out once when i am off to Hong Kong. Thanks:).

Congrats Karthik,

What are the other items with their prices u saw in Singapore?

Friend visiting in Sept. Did u c any speaker systems also.

what the price denon 1912?

I was in a hurry since I have to buy in a last minute on the day of departure hence could not check out other shops. 1912 model was not available at the Alpha audio shop in ADELPHI. May be you can ask your friend to check out other shops for the same. Speakers I came across sonodyne, MA but the price seems to be not that much lower than in India. Also, mind the custom duty of 35% , price may shoot up. I got a good deal only on this AVR since i looked for the same 1912 model which was not available.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back