Hi,

I have the following set up

TV -32LD650
DTH - Airtel HD
DVD - DVP647 Philips
MEDIA - WD HD TV LIVE PLUS
AMP - Sonodyne 102 Si R
SPK - Bose 2.1 Acoustimass

My leaving room is small so Bose gives me desired sound. The issues with the current set up is everything connects separately to LCD and it has only one optical port and my amp does not have one. So i can not pass audio to spk from MEDIA source. I am looking to upgrade my amp to a A/V Receiver , which can help me minimize cables, and one HDMI output from A/V to LCD can transfer all video source and audio can be transferred to spk.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion regarding which A/V receiver to go for. My budget is under 30k.

Thanks

Yamaha and Onkyo have come back strongly this year. Add another 10,000 and you have excellent choices between Onkyo's 308/508, Yamaha 467/567, and Denon's 1611.

In that brand order? :D

Cheers

NetFreak, I am not sure you remember, but it is only fair to warn the OP that the Yamaha series ending with 5 was a failure because of a screw-up in the power units.

Yamaha seems to have corrected that this year.

Cheers

"Failure" depends on expectations. In this particular use-case, this receiver fits the bill and is within the budget too :)

465 has way more then enough punch to push bose acoutimass speakers to its limit.

Of course there are better receivers and speakers, but those cost more than twice.

to, OP I would suggest audition it and decide.

well i am not well versed with Brands and don't the current order is it
Denon
Onkyo
Yamaha ?
I saw PRO-FX add for Denon ..AVR1311 - 24900, is that a good choice ..

btw AVR-1611 is 31900

Profx bangalore
1. Denon-1311 - 23K (after discount + free denon headphones)
2. Denon - 1611- 29K (after discount + free HDMI cable)

Stereo Marantz 5003/6003
5.1 Harman Kardon AVR 134

None of the above mentioned AVRs compete with these two.

Stereo Marantz 5003/6003
5.1 Harman Kardon AVR 134

None of the above mentioned AVRs compete with these two.

Can you give some more details ? How can they not compete ? Would appreciate some tech comparision ?

Thanks in Advance.
Kittu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back