Suggestion on Budget SubWoofer

kajha83

Hi All,

Thanks to the tremendous support from fellow FMs on my below threads, I now am enjoying 2.0 setup with Pioneer VSX 831 and Dali Zensor 1.

Looking to add a SubWoofer and exploring a budget option. So, Taga TSW 90 or 120 are the most likely options (if sourced from India).

I have an option to get one through a friend in the Netherlands. Amazon.De is an option.
Therefore, considering: https://www.amazon.de/Mivoc-Hype-Subwoofer-Schwarz-180Hz/dp/B00F0JPUFQ
This one comes to 10 K instead of 15 to 20 K for Taga.

Please share if anyone has feedback or observations about above.
Also, if anyone has any other recommendations.
Was also thinking of DIY at some point of time. Keeping that option open too.

Thanks,

Kamal

Note: Have asked about thins in one of the above threads, but wanted to get focused inputs around SubWoofer.

Hello Mods,

I have gone ahead with this purchase.
So, can you please help close / delete this thread. As there is no further discussion?

I will share my experience through my other threads where I have discussed this.

Thanks

Kamal

Ok great.

Is this the cable I would need?

I have a lot of spare AmazonBasics 14-Gauge Speaker Wire
But I guess, I cannot make use of that.
Please suggest.

The Subwoofer is already delivered at Amsterdam.

Is this the cable I would need?

You can use this cable (or) you can get 1 Male to 1 Male amazon basic cable (or) blur rigger sub-woofer cable.. Both should cost abt the same money..

Bluerigger cable - https://www.amazon.in/BlueRigger-Sh...+subwoofe,aps,308&sr=8-2-fkmrnull-spons&psc=1

I have a lot of spare AmazonBasics 14-Gauge Speaker Wire
But I guess, I cannot make use of that.
Please suggest.

Nope you can't use the speaker cable for connecting subwoofer.

The Subwoofer is already delivered at Amsterdam.

Ok great.

Thanks. But at the back of the Subwoofer, there are separate inputs for Left and Right. So, how will 1 male to 1 male work? I thought 1 male to 2 male was necessary.

Please check the subwoofer manual. One of these ports might be marked as LFE. In that case, you can use 1 Male to 1 Male RCA cable..

If there is no LFE input labelled, then you can use 1 Male to 2 Male cable and connect to AVR..

Thanks Both. Looks like no LFE. Have asked the Product Vendor though. Will wait for their feedback and go for 1 Male to 2 Male cable.

Even if there no LFE port, you can still connect one input and use it. It should work.. You can also connect to both L/R inputs on the subwoofer from AVR sub-out.. Once you get the Y cable, you may try this.. By using a L/R inputs on subwoofer, the gain in dB will be slightly more than using single input.. This is also the same as increasing the volume knob on the subwoofer.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back