Suggestion on good 5.1 surround speaker package under INR 25K

venkat_83

Hi,

I need your suggestions on what speakers I should buy for my A/V setup. I have Samsung 40" H6400 3D TV and WD TV (2014 model) media player. Following are my current setup needs/capabilities.

1) All media play back happens on my WD TV media player and an HDMI out from media player goes to the TV
2) The TV has HDMI [ARC] in connectivity and the WD media player has digital optical out for audio
3) Full or true 5.1 surround sound and no synthesized or virtual sound
4) Preferably standalone 5.1 speakers and not interested in going for A/V receiver as my WD can play large set of audio/video formats
5) I am open to consider HT packages which includes a 3D Blu-Ray disc player and good 5.1 speakers package
6) Budget: Under 25K INR for standalone 5.1 speakers package and 40K INR for HT packages
7) Usage will be 40% movies and 60% music

For the above setup, what are my options?

Thanks
Venkat

I guess the jbl cinema series is a good candidate given you need a player as well..htib suggestion wud b yht299 arnd 37k inr ..please audition before you buy

Appys, thank you for your reply. Sorry for late response.

I checked specs for JBL cinema BD-300 and it does has HDMI inputs but only 2 and costs around 40K. I think in this price range I will get an HTIB + a good BluRay player and this comes combo with more I/O options. I may have to increase my budget a little for this.

Anyway, I have decided to buy a separate BD player and an HTIB. Will start different threads accordingly.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Do plan to demo Sony STR550, its great Reciever.
Music feels great, movies feels realistic.
You can upgrade speakers later also.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back