Suggestion required for AVR + Speakers for 1.5lakh.

All the speakers price from local shops expect the sub which my cousin said that he will arrange it from abroad ... And one more thing which i wanted to ask that my setup will be a 5.1 but can i add 2 more extra speakers to the rear channel for more effect ? Setting up a 7.1 won't be that effective cause there are very few movies which has a 7.1 sound trueHD ... Like the 2 extra speakers i was thinking to set it up at the middle of the room left & right .... But the question is will that be possible ? Will i get that extra sound from that speakers ? Any1 tried that ?

Are you thinking of connecting 4 speakers as surrounds instead of 2 surround speakers (surround Left and Surround Right). AVR will have only one connector for Surround Left and another connector for Surround right. You cannot connect two speakers to a single connector on AVR.

If the AVR is 7.1 you will have 2 connectors for surrounds and another two connectors for surround backs (surround back left and surround back right).

These surround back speakers will produce sound only if you have 6.1 or 7.1 source. But the AVRs can convert 5.1 to 7.1 using technologies like Dolby Prologic IIx, DTS Neo:6 etc. So even if your source is 5.1 AVR will create sounds for surround back speakers.

Surround speakers to be connected to left and right (almost) of the seating position and surround backs to be placed behind the seating position. There are various websites like Dolby provides details about speaker placement.
You may go through my setup to view my speaker placement. Even though it is not perfectly inline with Dolby recommendations I am happy with it.

If you are able to get SW from abroad, you can look at popular SW brands like SVS, HSU Research, Epik, Elemental Designs etc. There is no support in India for these, other than SVS. Hence if SW fails, you will have to send it to the place you bought. Even in case of SVS I am not sure whether their India dealer will support the SVS SWs brought from abroad. Getting SW from abroad is risk, but you can save good amount of money (high risk , high gain;))

10% discount is easy to get, you can get more if you bargain. Now think about it what is better to save 2.5k odd or get a sub with warranty. You can easily get 550wl for 25.5k in india itself with warranty.

If you are able to get SW from abroad, you can look at popular SW brands like SVS, HSU Research, Epik, Elemental Designs etc. There is no support in India for these, other than SVS. Hence if SW fails, you will have to send it to the place you bought. Even in case of SVS I am not sure whether their India dealer will support the SVS SWs brought from abroad. Getting SW from abroad is risk, but you can save good amount of money (high risk , high gain;))

ya thats what i had on my mind if i get the sub from abroad they won't support the indian warranty ....

alrite and one more change on my list i have pleased my brother for the front RtiA7 Speakers instead of rTia5

Center Channel Speaker CSiA6
Surround speakers F/XiA6
Front Floor Standing Speaker RTiA7
Polk DSW PRO 660WI

I have also seen most of the users on this forum have a POLK + Onkyo or denon combo ...

About the Subwoofer i am still confused will the 660WI be able to shake the walls if not then suggest me some sub around 35K max, any good sub from Klipsch ?...Have increased my budget so once i finalize on the speakers will move on to the AVR ...

And also can any1 tell how should i select the AVR now according to my speakers .... cause i had shortlisted the onkyo TX-NR616 but the person from profx said me that it won't support my front speakers cause it needs more power .... so if i am browsing through the specs of a AVR then what all should i take care of it so that the selected speakers should run ... also same for the subs let me know what should i see on the specs so that it will work ... Please don't mind i am a newbee so such questions are possible :)

10% discount is easy to get, you can get more if you bargain. Now think about it what is better to save 2.5k odd or get a sub with warranty. You can easily get 550wl for 25.5k in india itself with warranty.

Yes the Profx guy sent me the quotation today and it was highly priced then he had called me and was like that was just the printed MRP and do come and have a audition first and then if you wish to buy we can provide you with some good discounts ...So he headin tomm 4 the auditions ...

the combo you have decided is absolutely awesome, but that will add upto 1.42 lacs just for the speakers (MRP), 10% discount is easy to get, little more if you can bargain. so lets say 1.25 lacs as the final price. You will need to add another 60k for a good receiver.

Look at Onkyo NR709 or marantz(Lot of people here say Marantz is better so you can audition them both)

In the end just believe you ears.

Dude ur from mumbai right?

Get ur final list ready and msg it to me if ur darn serious about buying it. I'll run it through Suleman or kadarbhai and get you their best quote. These guys are the owners of fairdeal. Their prices are generally lower than anyone else in Mumbai.
Fr eg:- the lowest quote i got with b&w for denon 1612 and yamaha 473 respectively were 26k and 33k. They quoted me 24k and 31k.

Also in their vip auditioning room i saw a few b&w, focal etc towers. They sounded bloody awesome. Seriously worth a try.

If ur interested msg me ur final list and ill send it to em for a quote. My office is 2 mins away from their place.

P.S: i Seriously didnt like onkyo. PLS do try out marantz or yamaha for high end performance.

Look at Onkyo NR709 or marantz(Lot of people here say Marantz is better so you can audition them both)

In the end just believe you ears.

Yup i already had onkyo on my mind and marantz i have myself never given it a try ....and onkyo which you said NR709 has some good reviews too ...

Whats "AUDYSSEY DSX" technology ?
I was checking out Denon AVR-2313CI and it had this on its features

"Immersive Surround Sound with Audyssey DSX Technology
The AVR-2313CI comes equipped with Audyssey DSX technology. Audyssey DSX expands surround sound beyond 5.1 with more speakers for an immersive and lifelike home theater experience."

Now does this mean i can add more 2 surround speakers ( So total 4 surround) ? Which i had asked on my previous post .... ( Note : I Don't want a 7.1 setup ... i just need a 5.1 setup and the 2extra speakers should act same just like the other surround speakers)

Can any1 please explain me in simple words ...

Last edited:
Dude ur from mumbai right?

Get ur final list ready and msg it to me if ur darn serious about buying it. I'll run it through Suleman or kadarbhai and get you their best quote. These guys are the owners of fairdeal. Their prices are generally lower than anyone else in Mumbai.
Fr eg:- the lowest quote i got with b&w for denon 1612 and yamaha 473 respectively were 26k and 33k. They quoted me 24k and 31k.

Also in their vip auditioning room i saw a few b&w, focal etc towers. They sounded bloody awesome. Seriously worth a try.

If ur interested msg me ur final list and ill send it to em for a quote. My office is 2 mins away from their place.

P.S: i Seriously didnt like onkyo. PLS do try out marantz or yamaha for high end performance.

YUP i am from Mumbai.
I have tried yamaha. Will give a try for marantz :)

Hey thanks mate for the help i am done with the selection of the speakers which i will send you the list and i am still confused about the AVR ...
About the pricing i have been researching for the best deals and the lowest i got was from ...

Redefine Audio Pvt Ltd, Vile Parle East

Center Channel Speaker CSiA6 - 20500
Surround speakers F/XiA6 - 25500
Front Floor Standing Speaker RTiA7 - 47000
Polk DSW PRO 660WI - 29000
total - 122000/

Profx quoted me 142000/ but they said it was just the MRP and they will give me discounts if i would like to buy from them ...

Let me know if you can arrange for anything lower than this ... I will PM you my contact details !!

cool, Ill ask him to suggest an amp too.

Though i know he is a bit bearish on Onkyo and doesn't recommend it.

Dinesh the den and lakowzy r known for selling 1 lac plus systems. Why dont you take their opinion too. See since they sell every mfg products, im sure they wont have a personal bias.

The shop at Andheri stocks high end Subwoofers , This is the place besides 'the club'. Think the name of the place is 'the shop' itself.

cool, Ill ask him to suggest an amp too.

Though i know he is a bit bearish on Onkyo and doesn't recommend it.

Dinesh the den and lakowzy r known for selling 1 lac plus systems. Why dont you take their opinion too. See since they sell every mfg products, im sure they wont have a personal bias.

The shop at Andheri stocks high end Subwoofers , This is the place besides 'the club'. Think the name of the place is 'the shop' itself.

Thanks mate ... never heard them before, and just googled them and yeah they do sell hi-end HT systems. Have got the details of all the 3 shops which you had mentioned and will get in touch with them tomm .... Cheers :)

About the Subwoofer i am still confused will the 660WI be able to shake the walls if not then suggest me some sub around 35K max, any good sub from Klipsch ?...Have increased my budget so once i finalize on the speakers will move on to the AVR ...

If you can increase your budget for Subwoofer you can buy SVS PB12-NSD. Config wise it is almost equal to DSW 660, but SVS SWs are better than Polk. I read that Klipsch Amps failed in some cases. You can consider Velodyne Sub as well.

And also can any1 tell how should i select the AVR now according to my speakers .... cause i had shortlisted the onkyo TX-NR616 but the person from profx said me that it won't support my front speakers cause it needs more power .... so if i am browsing through the specs of a AVR then what all should i take care of it so that the selected speakers should run ... also same for the subs let me know what should i see on the specs so that it will work ... Please don't mind i am a newbee so such questions are possible

Onkyo 616 power may be slightly less for A7, if you are going to watch movies at medium to high volume level you will need more powerful AVR.
Bi-Amp is one option but I don't know how much improvment it will make. You are supplying power through 2 connectors for each speaker, but Overall power of the AVR is same, hence not sure whether 616 Bi-Amp mode will help.

Another option is to go for 818 whcih is 180W compared to 160 of 616. One more option is to go for 717 and use external 2 Channel Amp for A7 (onkyo 709 has got pre-outs).

You can audition Denon+Polk combination at Pro-fx and check which AVR is able to drive your entire speaker set well.

If you are going to watch movies with a setup having good sub, you need not require a powerful floorstander which can go down to 30hz/35Hz (like A7). Becuase AVR will be redirecting lower frequencies to Subwoofer, generally anything below 80Hz or 60Hz (based on your config) will get redirected to Subwoofer. Hence we won't be using the 30/40Hz reproduction capability of Floor standers.

In case of Music, some people prefer to listen in 2.0 mode in which you need floor standers which can produce low frequency. You have mentioned that you are going to use the setup only for movies, hence having A7 + external amp/bi-amp etc may not be required.

Whats "AUDYSSEY DSX" technology ?

Audyssey DSX will help you to add 2 Front wide speakers and 2 front high speakers.
If you have 7.1 AVR you can energize Front Wide or Front High at a time. If you have 9.1 AVR you can engergize both front wide and front high speakers. It is not for surrounds.

You may visit the site below for more details
Audyssey DSX - Most Immersive Surround Sound | Audyssey

I have tested both wide and high options. Since my room width is less, wide option was not suiting for my setup. I have implemented Front High and some time use it with Audyssey DSX settings and sometimes Dolby PLIIz. I read somewhere that Dolby PLIIz doesn't alter the signals going to other speakers, but DSX alters signals going to other speakers which I don't like. Hence most of the times I use Dolby PLIIz mode only

Last edited:
If you are going to watch movies with a setup having good sub, you need not require a powerful floorstander which can go down to 30hz/35Hz (like A7). Becuase AVR will be redirecting lower frequencies to Subwoofer, generally anything below 80Hz or 60Hz (based on your config) will get redirected to Subwoofer. Hence we won't be using the 30/40Hz reproduction capability of Floor standers.

In case of Music, some people prefer to listen in 2.0 mode in which you need floor standers which can produce low frequency. You have mentioned that you are going to use the setup only for movies, hence having A7 + external amp/bi-amp etc may not be required.

Very well explained bro :clapping:... i was really concerned about this part that getting such good speakers and later its not performing well just cause of the AVR !!!

one info just.......I was just checking onkyo india websiet.....they are giving a huge stock clerance sale on high end spkrsklipcsh/B&W and also on their own avr products ......as per the ad.did not call though...
can check for a lucrative sale offer.

one info just.......I was just checking onkyo india websiet.....they are giving a huge stock clerance sale on high end spkrsklipcsh/B&W and also on their own avr products ......as per the ad.did not call though...
can check for a lucrative sale offer.

thanks for dat info .. have left them a mail :)

thanks for dat info .. have left them a mail :)

I also did...lets see what do they have for less........:)

btw a question putting..sorry its ur thread...:eek:
I want to buy 2 fronts.presently I have 3400 htib.the reciver is rated at 120watt/per channel(but tested with one channel only at a time as per specification).the supplied speakers have 6 ohms and 120 watt max rating.
what will be my speaker hunt specs.are 100 watt and 6 ohm enough specs detail....
as some powerfull fs are also 120w and 6 ohms...wont this entry level avr be damaged to run them.....so shd i stick to bookshelf fronts only?? if so what power rating for this bookshelfs..........by the way avr power is 390 watt....
I want to reaplace the present fronts.no plan of using zone B.......only zone A for movies only.
thank you
as you are presently hunting it would be very helpful if can share something about this.

Last edited:
Alreay spoke to them around a month back nothing worthwile.

DInesh: A7 will be a little unmatched to your planned setup, it has a "2x7 LF, 61/2" MF, 1" HF" compared to your centre which has 2x61/2" MF, 1" HF, and also your Surround would be 61/2" MF, 2x1" HF.

Thumb rule should be try to match all of them to get as uniform sound as possible, i would suggest that you go with RTi A5 - 2x61/2" MF, 1" HF. This will make the sound uniform as all drivers will be same size. Front will compliment each other and surround will comliment the entire system.

Also this will save you 10k that can be used for a better sub, also to compliment the entire system get a 12" Sub. (Pro 660 or SVS PB12 as suggested above)

YUP i am from Mumbai.
I have tried yamaha. Will give a try for marantz :)

Hey thanks mate for the help i am done with the selection of the speakers which i will send you the list and i am still confused about the AVR ...
About the pricing i have been researching for the best deals and the lowest i got was from ...

Redefine Audio Pvt Ltd, Vile Parle East

Center Channel Speaker CSiA6 - 20500
Surround speakers F/XiA6 - 25500
Front Floor Standing Speaker RTiA7 - 47000
Polk DSW PRO 660WI - 29000
total - 122000/

Profx quoted me 142000/ but they said it was just the MRP and they will give me discounts if i would like to buy from them ...

Let me know if you can arrange for anything lower than this ... I will PM you my contact details !!

for above you cannot get anything cheaper than this in mumbai. this is the best price. But you can still reduce 1k from rti a7

Though i was lucky to get a pair of my rti a7 for 40K from amazon but right now the price is doubled there. the center piece here is the best one (very clean & crystal dialogues). go for polk sub only. For AVR i should suggest you go for marantz 5006 (43K) or higher model such as 6006. Onkyo is not listed in the polk's suggested avr's...marantz comes in along with adcom, parasound, outlaw audio emotiva. They says that rti a7 should do well with AVR's but the full potential will comeup only from a power amp as they are 300W speakers. If you go to polk forums many boasts about their rti a7 with the power amps. i am yet to audition them with a power amp. I am driving them with my marantz 5006 but since my room is not much big, it is powering them fine. I am quite happy with my setup. I am sure that since your pref is movies, it shall not let you down. Go & audition at viola hometheatre. You should get best price for this combo only from them.

for above you cannot get anything cheaper than this in mumbai. this is the best price. But you can still reduce 1k from rti a7

Though i was lucky to get a pair of my rti a7 for 40K from amazon but right now the price is doubled there. the center piece here is the best one (very clean & crystal dialogues). go for polk sub only. For AVR i should suggest you go for marantz 5006 (43K) or higher model such as 6006. Onkyo is not listed in the polk's suggested avr's...marantz comes in along with adcom, parasound, outlaw audio emotiva. They says that rti a7 should do well with AVR's but the full potential will comeup only from a power amp as they are 300W speakers. If you go to polk forums many boasts about their rti a7 with the power amps. i am yet to audition them with a power amp. I am driving them with my marantz 5006 but since my room is not much big, it is powering them fine. I am quite happy with my setup. I am sure that since your pref is movies, it shall not let you down. Go & audition at viola hometheatre. You should get best price for this combo only from them.

Marantz 5006/6006 both are older models the new one's are 5007/6007 like can you tell how much difference in price they both will have. If 6006 or 6007 comes for around 60-65K then i would get them for sure
& i also had Denon AVR-2313CI on my mind .. any good reviews about it ?
Speakers are confirmed no changes on that just AVR will decide from denon or marantz .... Will mostly book them all on coming saturday, cause if keep browsing the internet more i will go mad & never ever will decide between them ....

Marantz 5006/6006 both are older models the new one's are 5007/6007 like can you tell how much difference in price they both will have. If 6006 or 6007 comes for around 60-65K then i would get them for sure
& i also had Denon AVR-2313CI on my mind .. any good reviews about it ?
Speakers are confirmed no changes on that just AVR will decide from denon or marantz .... Will mostly book them all on coming saturday, cause if keep browsing the internet more i will go mad & never ever will decide between them ....

yes these are new models which supports 4k resolution. 6006 may come in that price but not sure abt 6007. callup viola & check. Denon 23xx doesnt seems to have preouts which marantz 5007 has.. so in future you can addup a power amp if required... go for marantz.. it should do well than denon.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back