Suggestions Blu Ray Player for LG CX

dsrsid

What is ideal player for CX (doesnt pass DTS Codec) to play rip UHD movies. That is available India
I am also thinking to get JBL 9.1
getting Blu Ray Player is good ? I couldnt find any online stores ?
using Console as new Player (No support for Dolby vision) ?
Can you guys suggest me how you manage to play UHD movies

Thank you

If your source is physical 4K discs then go for a 4K bluray player. If you're gonna watch downloaded full BR rips then either go for Nvidia Shield / Apple TV 4K (only if streaming through local network) for best A/V quality.

If your source is physical 4K discs then go for a 4K bluray player. If you're gonna watch downloaded full BR rips then either go for Nvidia Shield / Apple TV 4K (only if streaming through local network) for best A/V quality.
Thank you for reply @97_Octane, it is so expensive almost double for importing and paying for it. Apple 4K sounds fine but how can we play BR rips in that ? Sorry I never used Apple TV 4K

Thank you for reply @97_Octane, it is so expensive almost double for importing and paying for it. Apple 4K sounds fine but how can we play BR rips in that ? Sorry I never used Apple TV 4K
But i doubt dolby atmos passthrough (over dd true hd) in apple tv 4k. Check the below link

Yes you will not get lossless Dolby Atmos passthrough in Apple TV. It will decode lossless Dolby TrueHD (upto 7.1) and DTS-HD MA (upto 7.1) to LPCM and pass it to your receiver. If it is an atmos file you will lose the height channels but get complete 7.1 audio. You can go for this if you don't have an atmos setup. If you need atmos then Shield is the next best alternative. However both these boxes support lossy Atmos over streaming apps. There are other cheaper android boxes which can passthrough lossless audio but their performance while playing full BR / 4K content will not be as smooth as Shield or Apple TV. The ones which are good on performance are expensive!

Regarding playing BR rips on Apple TV, you will have to do this via local network streaming / NAS. Basically you have your movies stored on a PC running a home media server like Plex etc, and install a client on the Apple TV (Infuse, MrMC) and stream your content from the PC to the Apple TV without loss in quality. For best performance you will have to connect your devices over ethernet.

Regarding playing BR rips on Apple TV, you will have to do this via local network streaming / NAS. Basically you have your movies stored on a PC running a home media server like Plex etc, and install a client on the Apple TV (Infuse, MrMC) and stream your content from the PC to the Apple TV without loss in quality. For best performance you will have to connect your devices over ethernet.
No sir it will not stream lossless even for local content

What about getting PS5 or Xbox series X
But i doubt dolby atmos passthrough (over dd true hd) in apple tv 4k. Check the below link

@srinharish Thank you for the reply

What about getting PS5 or Xbox series X? like using the USB and also disc drive for movies ? I heard they dont Dolby Vision (is it really important ?)
if I get JBL 9.1 i should also think about full utlization

No sir it will not stream lossless even for local content
Please check on other forums, core lossless decoding is supported. Excerpt taken from the very handy KODI forums (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180)

Apple TV 4K running the v 3.7.0 MrMC App (click):
  • MrMC = highly modded Kodi Jarvis. Very experienced Ex Kodi developers run the MrMC project. Improvements to the App happen quickly.
  • No audio passthrough at all with the ATV 4K so Atmos or DTS:X - audio object metadata is lost, the core TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio streams will be used.
  • 48kHz/24bit - 5.1 DD/DD+/DTS & 7.1 HD audio is decoded into 5.1 / 7.1 - 48kHz/24bit LPCM for no loss in audio quality, or downmixed into 5.1 DD
  • 24bit FLAC audio > 48kHz will be resampled and output as 24bit/48kHz LPCM.
  • C3, DTS, Dolby TrueHD & DTS-MA or HRA audio is decoded to multichannel 24bit 48kHz LPCM, for no loss in audio quality.
  • No passthrough means No Bluray Rip quality Dolby Atmos or DTS:x
    ->> the Dolby True HD or DTS-MA HD audio tracks will be losslessly decoded instead.

What about getting PS5 or Xbox series X? like using the USB and also disc drive for movies ? I heard they dont Dolby Vision (is it really important ?)
I think xbox can bitstream hd audio. No idea about ps5. Please check before you purchase.

Please check on other forums, core lossless decoding is supported. Excerpt taken from the very handy KODI forums (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180)

Apple TV 4K running the v 3.7.0 MrMC App (click):
  • MrMC = highly modded Kodi Jarvis. Very experienced Ex Kodi developers run the MrMC project. Improvements to the App happen quickly.
  • No audio passthrough at all with the ATV 4K so Atmos or DTS:X - audio object metadata is lost, the core TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio streams will be used.
  • 48kHz/24bit - 5.1 DD/DD+/DTS & 7.1 HD audio is decoded into 5.1 / 7.1 - 48kHz/24bit LPCM for no loss in audio quality, or downmixed into 5.1 DD
  • 24bit FLAC audio > 48kHz will be resampled and output as 24bit/48kHz LPCM.
  • C3, DTS, Dolby TrueHD & DTS-MA or HRA audio is decoded to multichannel 24bit 48kHz LPCM, for no loss in audio quality.
  • No passthrough means No Bluray Rip quality Dolby Atmos or DTS:x
    ->> the Dolby True HD or DTS-MA HD audio tracks will be losslessly decoded instead.
IMO it cannot bitstream.
FM who is Using apple tv 4k may give the exact picture.

IMO it cannot bitstream.
FM who is Using apple tv 4k may give the exact picture.
That's what I'm saying too sir. The Apple TV DOES NOT bitstream lossless audio, however it CAN decode it and send it as LPCM to the receiver. Just that the decoding is happening on the Apple TV instead of the receiver.

That's what I'm saying too sir. The Apple TV DOES NOT bitstream lossless audio, however it CAN decode it and send it as LPCM to the receiver. Just that the decoding is happening on the Apple TV instead of the receiver.
Okay. My point is it can only passthrough dolby atmos over dd+ and not not through ddtruehd.
Atmos over ddtruehd is way better than dd+

Last edited:
Ofcourse lossless Atmos is better than lossy Atmos, and I have mentioned this regarding ATV few posts above :)
My point is that it cannot passthrough / bistream any codec, it decodes them itself.

Anyways we are going off topic on this thread, there are many options which serve the OP's purpose.

Dude, Getting Series X and PS5 in a near future is a very slim possibility. PS5 has no release date yet officially and grey market prices are double the MRP. Series X got sold out everywhere and can be expected only in Jan 21.

On your topic, The best way is get a Sony UBP X700 and play original 4K, Bluray and BR rips all. On a budget wise this is the only player that will give you True Dolby Atmos/DTS:X from 4K discs.

Please note there are few to none Streaming services that will support lossless audio. Only way is 4K discs. Dolby Vision is good not day and night difference over standard HDR but yes you will not a difference. One of the reasons why despite me have One X and PS 4 Pro i still use dedicated Bluray player.

Dude, Getting Series X and PS5 in a near future is a very slim possibility. PS5 has no release date yet officially and grey market prices are double the MRP. Series X got sold out everywhere and can be expected only in Jan 21.

On your topic, The best way is get a Sony UBP X700 and play original 4K, Bluray and BR rips all. On a budget wise this is the only player that will give you True Dolby Atmos/DTS:X from 4K discs.

Please note there are few to none Streaming services that will support lossless audio. Only way is 4K discs. Dolby Vision is good not day and night difference over standard HDR but yes you will not a difference. One of the reasons why despite me have One X and PS 4 Pro i still use dedicated Bluray player.
Thank you @Gamerps360 for replying back, how is the video quality in SONY UBP X-700 compared to playing from LG inbuilt player UHD Remux file ?
I couldnt get UBP X-700 at any place online ? what is the price of it ?
yup PS5 and XSX are almost impossible to get one. may be next year we can get hands on them

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back