Suggestions for 1Lac FS, Centre & Surround.

Can anyone tell me what type of or any specific brand speaker wire i should go with ? Just saw Hifimart and there are loads of options. My bad should have got the speaker wire from Profx itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23ec61fdab4695f93449a08eba8bcf81.jpg

027c32d4f6e5151a04b8e98cb3c58ff8.jpg

Can anyone tell me what type of or any specific brand speaker wire i should go with ? Just saw Hifimart and there are loads of options. My bad should have got the speaker wire from Profx itself.

You could pick 12-14 gauge cables from the closest electronics store. Would Pro FX guys be coming to your place to help you setup. You could have them carry the cables.

Is that a Computer down there in the center? Also, I see a subwoofer(Bose AM?) tucked along the wall? Are you planning to relocate both of them? How about placing the CPU where your receiver is and relocating the receiver to the shelf one level higher, possible?

MaSh

You could pick 12-14 gauge cables from the closest electronics store. Would Pro FX guys be coming to your place to help you setup. You could have them carry the cables.

Is that a Computer down there in the center? Also, I see a subwoofer(Bose AM?) tucked along the wall? Are you planning to relocate both of them? How about placing the CPU where your receiver is and relocating the receiver to the shelf one level higher, possible?

MaSh

That sounds like a good and clean setup. I got my blu ray player and cable set top box on the middle layer. So will have to make space for AVR. Yes that's a Bose A, and i would be relocating it to a different room.

Centre channel speaker i have went with PolkAudio Csi A4.
Regarding the Sub i have two options in mind
1) Polk DSW 550
2) SVS PB1000

SVS in Mumbai is sold by Alliance 4 called them up and the price he quoted me was ?50,000.
Any suggestions on both of the above Subs ?

1) Polk DSW 550
2) SVS PB1000

SVS in Mumbai is sold by Alliance 4 called them up and the price he quoted me was ?50,000.

SVS is a good one... Audition and decide

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1) Polk DSW 550
2) SVS PB1000

Both are well reviewed and a number of members who use either of these. I guess the polk is slightly cheaper and since you have bought stuff from pro fx, they might give you additional discount.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

That sounds like a good and clean setup. I got my blu ray player and cable set top box on the middle layer. So will have to make space for AVR. Yes that's a Bose A, and i would be relocating it to a different room.

Yes, sucker for symmetry :eek:hyeah:. The set top box and bluray could be stacked I suppose.

The speakers look awesome. Is there a burn in period? How do they sound out of the box?

MaSh

Yes, sucker for symmetry :eek:hyeah:. The set top box and bluray could be stacked I suppose.

The speakers look awesome. Is there a burn in period? How do they sound out of the box?

MaSh

The speakers sound outstanding out of the box. It actually sounds way better at my place compared to the day when i did the Audition at profx. Every time i play a music it brings a smile to my face. Previously i had Bose A which was not bad, but the change to Polk is like shifting from 720P to 4K. I can hear all that small tones which i have never heard on my previous system. No idea about "burn-in" as i am happy with them out of the box, but yes everyone said me to at least burn them for 50hours plus to get them loosen up and reach their peak.

The speakers sound outstanding out of the box. It actually sounds way better at my place compared to the day when i did the Audition at profx. Every time i play a music it brings a smile to my face. Previously i had Bose A which was not bad, but the change to Polk is like shifting from 720P to 4K. I can hear all that small tones which i have never heard on my previous system. No idea about "burn-in" as i am happy with them out of the box, but yes everyone said me to at least burn them for 50hours plus to get them loosen up and reach their peak.

That's great. Rti series are awesome speakers. Do go through the manual briefly, just to cover all your bases.

MaSh

It can only get better than this.... enjoy ur movie and music time.
Your smile only reminds me off that glow in my wife's face when I played music in my setup for the first time......which is priceless.

I have ordered for the DSW 660 from Profx.
For the surrounds i wanted something compact like a satellite speakers. So i was planning to get the OWM5, unfortunately it's out of stock and it would only arrive next month.
Any other suggestions for the surrounds i want something compact and powerful and i don't really like bookshelf speakers they will kill the look of my room.

You could try with Polk Fxi A4 or Wharfedale dfs 10 for Surrounds. I'm using Fxi A6 Surrounds which are bit bigger but pretty good.

I will suggest you to wait for OWM5 only. They are compact and can be wall mounted. They have dual mid range drive which will give you more impactful,strong surround sound and can cover larger area.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

How about owm3? I have these in they are fantastic. Hang flush with the wall and are almost like dedicated rear surrounds.

MaSh

Agreed with Mash, owm 3 are good for surrounds and have the flexibility of mounting and tilting, also owm 5 will be better and costlier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back