Suggestions for a budget headphone amplifier.

abhipuru16

Hi
I have decided to buy a headphone amplifier with a new Sandisk Sansa clip plus 8gb. Do I need to buy new headphones too or the bundled ones would be good enough with the amplifier? I have a budget of 3k for both the headphone amp and headphones. Also, suggest me places to buy this stuff alongwith the MP3 player in South Delhi. Online shopping options are also welcome. And yes, I want the lows to be punchy and precise and not boomy and the highs to be warm and clear. I hate bright sounding vocals. I do NOT want the sound to be flat but to be musical and natural sounding with rich clarity even at high volumes. Waiting eagerly for your suggestions.
Best Regards
Abhinav Sharma

Last edited:
Abhipuru,
I am not sure you can get the Sansa clip plus locally. Try KMD on Techenclave or pristinenote on ebay.in
As for headphones and amp, decide which headhphone you want to get. Then if needed only you have to buy amp.
If you are looking at iems, there are various options which can availed depending on your music preference.

I have no idea about headphones at all. I have given you my budget and need suggestions about what to do.
P.S. I have edited my post above.

Hi
I have decided to buy a headphone amplifier with a new Sandisk Sansa clip plus 8gb. Do I need to buy new headphones too or the bundled ones would be good enough with the amplifier? I have a budget of 3k for both the headphone amp and headphones. Also, suggest me places to buy this stuff alongwith the MP3 player in South Delhi. Online shopping options are also welcome. And yes, I want the lows to be punchy and precise and not boomy and the highs to be warm and clear. I hate bright sounding vocals. I do NOT want the sound to be flat but to be musical and natural sounding with rich clarity even at high volumes. Waiting eagerly for your suggestions.
Best Regards
Abhinav Sharma

You should try out the Koss Porta Pro Headphones + FiiO E5 combo. Bang within your budget and gives exactly the sound signature as needed by you.
I am enjoying this combo and I am a happy man now.
PS: Don't pair the FiiO E5 with high sensitivity in ear phones. You will not be happy with the sound output.

Where can I find the Koss Portapro in Delhi? Is online the only option? If yes, which is the best place to get these as well as my Sansa online?

Can Amarbir ship me these 3 items?
P.S. How does the Sansa clip plus compare with nationite s flo in terms of sheer sound quality?

Last edited:
Where can I find the Koss Portapro in Delhi? Is online the only option? If yes, which is the best place to get these as well as my Sansa online?

Unfortunately, Koss Porta Pro is not available in India. You can buy these online from Amazon UK or US (I got mine through my sis in Australia). Another option for headphone may be Sennheiser PX100 which is readily available in India.

Can Amarbir ship me these 3 items?

Amarbir can ship both the FiiO E5 amplifier and the Sansa clip. I bought my FiiO E3 from Lynx India online.

Also, can I avail of the no questions asked lifetime warranty no Koss portapro headphones from India? I don't mind shipping my headphones if it goes broke.
And lastly, is there a difference between the original and the limited edition 25th anniversary Koss portapros in terms of sound quality?
As eas as the question above is concerned, I have decided to get the 8gb Sansa clip plus.

Hi
I am a potential buyer for your Koss Portapro Limited Edition 25th anniversary special headphones. I will be buying the headphones from Amazon.com and would get it shipped to my place in India.
My question simply is, would I be able to avail of your No Questions Asked Warranty if my headphones malfunction here in India? How would the replacement procedure be like. I would not mind shipping the headphones to you for replacement. Please explain me this policy of yours very informatively.
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma

This is my letter to Koss customer support. Do you guys have an answer?
Also, do I need to buy the Fiio amplifier with the Sansa clip plus and Koss Portapros?

Last edited:
Hi
Best Regards
Abhinav Sharma

Sorry - just catching up on this note. While the stock headphones from Sansa are better than Apple's I would still upgrade from them if finances allowed. Some brands to look for are Sennheiser or Grado or Audio Technica or ofcourse Koss amongst many options.

Depending on your budget you can snare one of these relatively cheaply and enjoy the music. Most models amongst these brands do not need amplifiers as they are easy to drive by the Sansa.

If you are planning a portable solution, use that amount to buy a pair of decent entry level easy to drive IEMs.

I recently replaced my CX300 with S4 for my Clip. S4 is better than CX300 for overall presentation; but for gym use, I liked the Sennheiser better. May be its the heavy bass that they pumped out! Not sure about Indian prices but hopefully these should fit in your budget. No idea about headphones under 3k.

Cheers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back