Suggestions for Home Theater under INR60-65k

good. i finally purchased Marantz NR1606. Denon x1300w was also my choice. i had liked it. Jamo S426 was also good. dont know about other speakers and onkyo AVR.

i'd suggest a side-by-side comparison between the two, of SQ, features, warranty-period, and service. looking about it at the first glance, x1300w seems to be a better option to me.

Thank you....The dealers I went didn't had the combos I mentioned at one place...Cinebels had Jamo s426+Marantz Combo (Not 1606) however he recommended for my budget X1300w would work. Other dealer demod me with Denon Amp (basic) + JBL 610 system.

Looks like I will have to go as per the reviews on both to make choice..Thanks for your help .!!

Yes Dushyant. Each one of these dealers would pitch a specific Receiver and Speakers combo. :)

So, have a look & research on the AVR which best suits your requirement and budget. Then concentrate on the speakers.

Just to give you an outline:

- Marantz : IMO Marantz is slightly inclined towards Music. But, the performance of it is no less for Movies.

- Denon : It's more movie oriented and would have most features when compared others in the same price range.

Also, in my experience I have seen that dealers in Pune quote just anything. You would have to do research on that too in terms of pricing.

You are on the same path as me a while back. I ended purchasing:
Marantz NR1606 and Boston Acoustics A26 (Front Bookshelf Speakers). I am gradually building my system.

Cheers! :)

So what would be the Marantz MRP after all discounts? I liked the size of it which is nearly half of all the receivers. I am thinking of same...starting with 2.1 and then gradually building the system...but if I get a speaker combo set like (Onkyo 588 or JBL Cinema 610) then it would be complete 5.1...

Also, what can I expect to bargain with the dealers here? What is the baseline? 10% or less? Thanks for your help...

Thank you....The dealers I went didn't had the combos I mentioned at one place...Cinebels had Jamo s426+Marantz Combo (Not 1606) however he recommended for my budget X1300w would work. Other dealer demod me with Denon Amp (basic) + JBL 610 system.

Looks like I will have to go as per the reviews on both to make choice..Thanks for your help .!!

welcome! thats the most difficult part, of not having multiple brand AVRs at one store. even if you make notes of your experience of listening to one AVR at one store, they are not of much help when auditioning another AVR at another store. you just pine for a chance to listen to both simultaneously to arrive at a better conclusion!

also, marantz slimline receivers are slim as they give out lesser power (50W/ch @8 ohms). with your room-size of 14x14, you just MAY find an NR receiver a bit lacking, but ofcourse i may be wrong here. am just a new user.

finally, when you decide on the model, look if its available on hifimart. if yes, buy from them eyes closed!

welcome! thats the most difficult part, of not having multiple brand AVRs at one store. even if you make notes of your experience of listening to one AVR at one store, they are not of much help when auditioning another AVR at another store. you just pine for a chance to listen to both simultaneously to arrive at a better conclusion!

also, marantz slimline receivers are slim as they give out lesser power (50W/ch @8 ohms). with your room-size of 14x14, you just MAY find an NR receiver a bit lacking, but ofcourse i may be wrong here. am just a new user.

finally, when you decide on the model, look if its available on hifimart. if yes, buy from them eyes closed!

Thanks... will check that as well.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All, need help in buying a receiver without mfr waranty.. I am getting the seller warranty on it..AVR is imported from malaysia and is seal packed. main concern here is that the seller is based in Chennai and I am in Pune. Seller is confident and said he can give multiple references of people who have bought imported items from him and are part of avsforums. I am saving about 10-15k buying from him... please advise..

thanks

All, need help in buying a receiver without mfr waranty.. I am getting the seller warranty on it..AVR is imported from malaysia and is seal packed. main concern here is that the seller is based in Chennai and I am in Pune. Seller is confident and said he can give multiple references of people who have bought imported items from him and are part of avsforums. I am saving about 10-15k buying from him... please advise..

thanks

Did you ask him if he is okay with part payment? I doubt he will, but why not ask.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

thanks
If u have any friend ask him to chrckbonce and buy it...what model are u buying? I bought pioneer avr from Burma bazaar in chennai ..no bill no warranty..works fine..finally its u r choice..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If u have any friend ask him to chrckbonce and buy it...what model are u buying? I bought pioneer avr from Burma bazaar in chennai ..no bill no warranty..works fine..finally its u r choice..

I am buying denon x1300w receiver..seller said he will deliver it to my friends place, unpack it and show him that it's working and without any issues. Then my friend will ship it to me here... I am concerned as it's high price and unfortunately if anything happens I have to again ship it to chennai and then he ships it back etc..

I am buying denon x1300w receiver..seller said he will deliver it to my friends place, unpack it and show him that it's working and without any issues. Then my friend will ship it to me here... I am concerned as it's high price and unfortunately if anything happens I have to again ship it to chennai and then he ships it back etc..

Dont expect them to respond if any issue arises...my opinion..u will have to get it serviced by the service center...by d way the price should be 60% or 70% of the purchasing price of the amp
.what price did he quote u..

Dont expect them to respond if any issue arises...my opinion..u will have to get it serviced by the service center...by d way the price should be 60% or 70% of the purchasing price of the amp
.what price did he quote u..

MRP of the receiver is 54900 and he is giving it for 39k if paid in cash and 40k if online transfer. He is not an individual seller but has his business of home theater systems by name of Audioholics.

Dealer price of x1300 is 48-49k. So for 9k I won't get into such hassles

MRP of the receiver is 54900 and he is giving it for 39k if paid in cash and 40k if online transfer. He is not an individual seller but has his business of home theater systems by name of Audioholics.

If u want to take risk...
Bargain it further to around 36...or else as dr suggested u can opt for the dealer purchase

If u want to take risk...
Bargain it further to around 36...or else as dr suggested u can opt for the dealer purchase

He is not ready for 38k as well.. I think going with dealer would be safe option.

Thanks for your help ..

My advice would be to buy from denon dealer with warranty if you are a first time AVR buyer. I don't think denon india will service if the purchase is from outside of india or without proper warranty.

Hello everyone..just wanted to let you know that I went ahead with the Chennai dealer.. we have been talking since last 2 days, and he looked like a genuine guy. Further interactions he said he is also working in IT and doing this on side.

After paying 39k he did a video call with me, opened the box, connected the AVR to power source and showed me that it's working. The box was sealed and I saw him opening it in front of me. Provided serial no on box as well as AVR and looked good. I would suggest him to anyone who might want to save 10-12k and are based in Chennai. If you are out of state shipping will be on you.

I am sorry but 11k is huge money for me and since it's my first set I didn't want to spend big. Now need to find good speakers .... Can anyone who is using X1300w suggest me some speakers that go well with it? I am thinking of getting separates instead of 5.1 and my budget is around 40k. I will be getting a demo of Polk Audio tomorrow TSx110B (front/rear) and TSx150c (center).

Suggestions??

Congratulations for the Purchase Dushyant!

Do share your feedback once you receive the AVR. Also, there is no need to be sorry for your choices.

Cheers!

Hello everyone..just wanted to let you know that I went ahead with the Chennai dealer.. we have been talking since last 2 days, and he looked like a genuine guy. Further interactions he said he is also working in IT and doing this on side.

After paying 39k he did a video call with me, opened the box, connected the AVR to power source and showed me that it's working. The box was sealed and I saw him opening it in front of me. Provided serial no on box as well as AVR and looked good. I would suggest him to anyone who might want to save 10-12k and are based in Chennai. If you are out of state shipping will be on you.

I am sorry but 11k is huge money for me and since it's my first set I didn't want to spend big. Now need to find good speakers .... Can anyone who is using X1300w suggest me some speakers that go well with it? I am thinking of getting separates instead of 5.1 and my budget is around 40k. I will be getting a demo of Polk Audio tomorrow TSx110B (front/rear) and TSx150c (center).

Suggestions??
Congratulations on the purchase, its a very capable AVR at a reasonable price point.

No need to be apologetic about saving 11k, by a calculated risk taking. For most of us, investment in hifi systems is a NON ESSENTIAL expenditure, so the lesser the better & money saved is money earned. That's why I mostly suggest budget constrained buyers to look for pre-owned stuff instead of buying brand new products.

Polk RTI series goes very well with Denon you'll need to increase the budget for that. Polk RTI a3 (27k)front, CSI a4 (18k)center and RTI A1(18k) Surrounds would be a great combination to have. I'm not very much in favour of tsx series, though you can't really complain at the price point they're offered. Consider Taga 606 SE (34k) or Wharfedale dse1 (45k), Paradigm cinema etc in the same price range. Other option is to buy front and center now and add surrounds at a later date when budget permits.
Audition is the key here.

Congratulations on the purchase, its a very capable AVR at a reasonable price point.

No need to be apologetic about saving 11k, by a calculated risk taking. For most of us, investment in hifi systems is a NON ESSENTIAL expenditure, so the lesser the better & money saved is money earned. That's why I mostly suggest budget constrained buyers to look for pre-owned stuff instead of buying brand new products.

Polk RTI series goes very well with Denon you'll need to increase the budget for that. Polk RTI a3 (27k)front, CSI a4 (18k)center and RTI A1(18k) Surrounds would be a great combination to have. I'm not very much in favour of tsx series, though you can't really complain at the price point they're offered. Consider Taga 606 SE (34k) or Wharfedale dse1 (45k), Paradigm cinema etc in the same price range. Other option is to buy front and center now and add surrounds at a later date when budget permits.
Audition is the key here.

Thanks for your response. I was considering DX1-SE however I am not getting it to audition here in Pune. In getting separates along with options that you gave we still have to add a SUB and it will go over budget.

I am not sure about Taga or Paradigm as haven't seen it here at the dealers I went.
Also for fronts I am now considering TSX 220b as I saw excellent reviews for them as compared to 110b. What do you think about Jamo S426 or S428?

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back