Suggestions for preamp/ prepro for movies

avr

Hello AV enthusiasts,
I am looking for a pre processor for my HT setup. Budget is approx. 250k. Presently I am using the per outs of my onkyo 3010. The amp is emotiva xpa5. Kindly advice will adding a prepro to the setup bring about any significant change in the sound. I have no complaints whatsoever with the present arrangement. But I have heard and read that a separate pre power combo is much better compared to the use of preout of any AVR. Kindly advice will there be any improvement in sound and brands and models within my budget. My main use is watching movies say 80% Tatasky hd & movies and 20% music.
TIA
avr

The Onkyo 3010 is pretty high end by itself . adding a a stand alone processor will not add much improvement

Unless offcourse you have very revealing speakers .. From your signature i deduce you have the B&W 683. although they are good speakers adding a processor to your already existing Onko 3010 + Emo Power amp will offer no added benefit
you have already sort of maxxed out the speaker capabilities

Thank you brothers..yes my speakers are b&w 683..well i did have xmc 1 in mind but if it does not make a significant difference than i will let this urge pass.:)

Well santy bro if i get the xmc1 than probably it will be onkyo to go out..lol:):)

yes sir you are talking about a highend prepower combo..in my situation 250k will not fetch a highend prepro and the amp as you know is xpa 5 and probably xpa2 when i go for 7 channel. so this combination is in no way a highend combo...so do you think xmc1 and xpa 5 combo will better the present setup..:)

I dont know much about pricing, but you could consider one of the Marantz units for under a lakh. I have their AV 7005 prepro which is excellent.

250k is a very good budget for a prepro. If you are ok with the preowned route, you get a plethora of options on audiogon from Anthem, Rotel, Arcam, etc apart from some hi-end models of NAD and Marantz.

The latest from Marantz is AV7701 should cost you about 1.6L in India.

@santy bro preowned route is ok with me but i think purchase through audiogon would be a real pain. As for the marantz prepro 7701 & 8801 are options. This where i need your advice will marantz be better than emo xmc1 or you recommend any other prepro..:)

@santy bro preowned route is ok with me but i think purchase through audiogon would be a real pain. As for the marantz prepro 7701 & 8801 are options. This where i need your advice will marantz be better than emo xmc1 or you recommend any other prepro..:)

Marantz 7701 is priced at $1,699. Marantz 8801 is available at @3,599 (more than double).
XMC-1 is not released yet so nobody can answer your question.:)

Whatever you shortlist, this is a serious and expensive AV equipment so I strongly suggest you to do some audition to take a decision.
Unfortunately, other than Marantz and NAD, I do not think there are many options in India to demo.

Well George sir marantz 7701 does not have Aud xt 32 what difference will it make?further marantz is supposed to be very good for music, as I have read, how does it fare for movies/multichannel? which is my main use.:):)

Ok spiro sir which one will be better looking to the av components i have..marantz ..emo..onkyo..kindly suggest..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back