Suggestions for speak cable ..

Zaved

Hello everyone.. hope all of you are doing well . I am planning for my home theater room 5.1.2 speaker setup Denon X2600h with Polk signature series and for atmos Polk rc 80i ( all Speakers are 8 ohms). My room size is 15 feet wide ×20 feet long & 10 feet height.For this setup I'm little confuse about the speaker cables , there are so many sizes (AWG) and so many brands in the market.. Please suggest me a good Budget friendly speaker cable . and Do I need 12 awg cable or 14 awg is enough for my room size??
Thanks in advance.☺️.

Hello everyone.. hope all of you are doing well . I am planning for my home theater room 5.1.2 speaker setup Denon X2600h with Polk signature series and for atmos Polk rc 80i ( all Speakers are 8 ohms). My room size is 15 feet wide ×20 feet long & 10 feet height.For this setup I'm little confuse about the speaker cables , there are so many sizes (AWG) and so many brands in the market.. Please suggest me a good Budget friendly speaker cable . and Do I need 12 awg cable or 14 awg is enough for my room size??
Thanks in advance.☺️.
I think 14 awg should be ideal for your requirement. Look at Amazon Basics 14 awg OFC cable. Find the link below.

Thanks in advance.☺.

a good cable! ~14awg

a good cable! ~14awg
Sir , this is so expensive.. Please suggest some budget friendly brand.

Sir , this is so expensive.. Please suggest some budget friendly brand.

Hi,
It's worth spending around 3k for 10meters of the Klotz. That will take care of the fronts and center.
For the Atmos and rear you can use 14 gauge Amazon branded cable for 100 meters.

Thanks in advance.☺.
Qed is 150/meter audioquest 200/meter, moreover if you are yet to purchase speakers you could ask the dealer to thrown in speaker cables ,thats what i did when i bought my speakers, the dealer gave me qed cables :)

Thanks in advance.☺.
You have quite a good quality receiver and set of speakers. Do not compromise on the speaker cable quality. You can easily earmark atleast 10% of your setup cost for it as it is the last mile of connectivity to your speakers. They make a lot of difference to dynamics and clarity.
The Klotz suggested by an FM are very good cables.
I would in fact suggest not use anything less that 12 awg as it will be an one time investment and will be truly worth it and you can carry it along through all your future upgrades.
Some cables you can look at include Belden 5000 series, Belden 8477, Klotz LY225, Mogami, Supra to name a few.

So I need to get cables to run for 60ft for my surround speakers. I shortlisted two items - amazon basics 30m oxy-free copper cable for 2500 rupee or pick electrical wire 2.5sqmm (eq to 13awg), 90m, copper cable for around 1900.

I decided to go with second option as I can assure that they'll certainly be copper wire, plus I get 45m usable cable for 600 rupee less.

So I need to get cables to run for 60ft for my surround speakers. I shortlisted two items - amazon basics 30m oxy-free copper cable for 2500 rupee or pick electrical wire 2.5sqmm (eq to 13awg), 90m, copper cable for around 1900.

I decided to go with second option as I can assure that they'll certainly be copper wire, plus I get 45m usable cable for 600 rupee less.
Let your mind be at peace. The solution will work.
Only downside is, visually you will have to conceal it keep things neat around the listening area.
FYI:
I use 2.5 sqmm wire, hand-braided loosely to connect Parasound/AKSA amps and KEF/MA speakers.
Just today, a fellow FM who has borrowed the Parasound pre/pwr tried a 6sqmm (Anchor brand) braided cable.
It works well too. Looks funny, but works. Transports signal from point A to point B and does nothing else.

Enjoy your surround sound!!

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks in advance.☺.
Expensive cables are Snake Oil. Regular Amazon Basic cable should do the trick. Refer this article to pick the right gauge.

Expensive cables are Snake Oil. Regular Amazon Basic cable should do the trick.
<snip>
I would not go so far as to say it's snake oil because it costs a bomb.
There are some very good and well reviewed "audiophile" quality speaker wires.
One probably has to have a system good enough to host and use them.

Most FMs run into the following quandary. The component cost overshoots the initial outlay.
For such folks Amazon Basics or good old electrical wire is a viable option to get the system up and running.
Personally, I would pick electrical wire from known Indian brands over Amazon Basics.

Cheers,
Raghu

I would not go so far as to say it's snake oil because it costs a bomb.
There are some very good and well reviewed "audiophile" quality speaker wires.
One probably has to have a system good enough to host and use them.

Most FMs run into the following quandary. The component cost overshoots the initial outlay.
For such folks Amazon Basics or good old electrical wire is a viable option to get the system up and running.
Personally, I would pick electrical wire from known Indian brands over Amazon Basics.

Cheers,
Raghu

I agree that it's not snake oil because I recently got a taste of the difference in SQ when I upgraded to a balanced cable for my IEM. Even though the cable costed more than the IEM atleast now I have scope of improvement regarding the IEM.

I have been using the Amazon basic cable along with my Wharf 225 BS.
Now my understanding is that when I am upgrading my speakers which now should stand around 1.5L costwise an upgrade of cable is called for.
I decided to keep the Amazon basics cable for the rear as I will use the Wharf 225 as rears.

Is it worth spending 7k for each 2.5mt terminated Mogami cables for my LCR which costs around 1.2L or is that too much of a stretch for these speakers?

I agree that it's not snake oil because I recently got a taste of the difference in SQ when I upgraded to a balanced cable for my IEM. Even though the cable costed more than the IEM atleast now I have scope of improvement regarding the IEM.

Now my understanding is that when I am upgrading my speakers which now should stand around 1.5L costwise an upgrade of cable is called for.
I decided to keep the Amazon basics cable for the rear as I will use the Wharf 225 as rears.

Is it worth spending 7k for each 2.5mt terminated Mogami cables for my LCR which costs around 1.2L or is that too much of a stretch for these speakers?
Unless you hear it out with the amp+speakers, it is all guess work.
The safest way is to establish a baseline SQ with what you already have.
A branded cable will improve up on X parameter, or nuance Y parameter, etc.

In a recent listening session, a branded (expensive) speaker wire was elevating bass and it sounded unnatural.
We threw in my 2.5 sqmm finolex wire and things balanced out.
This particular FM went and made himself a set of wires using 6 sqmm
Welding wire, I call it :D He made a couple of sets for me too.
They work. No issues.

Cheers,
Raghu

From what I've read so far, there's a high possibility that balanced will sound different from unbalanced even in the same amp because noise/interference is eliminated due to the third grounding wire. Perhaps some FMs who've got experience with both can clarify better?

Insofar as speaker cables are concerned, they do make a difference though I'm not entirely sure if it's for the better. I recently got myself a pair of DAC silver streaks and connected to my quads, I'm pretty sure they'll make certain eardrums on this forum bleed. not the case with my Mogamis though.

Unless you hear it out with the amp+speakers, it is all guess work.
The safest way is to establish a baseline SQ with what you already have.
A branded cable will improve up on X parameter, or nuance Y parameter, etc.

In a recent listening session, a branded (expensive) speaker wire was elevating bass and it sounded unnatural.
We threw in my 2.5 sqmm finolex wire and things balanced out.
This particular FM went and made himself a set of wires using 6 sqmm
Welding wire, I call it :D He made a couple of sets for me too.
They work. No issues.

Cheers,
Raghu

The world of sound is definitely an interesting place.
I dunno if audition is an option given my setup but will ask around.

Thanks

From what I've read so far, there's a high possibility that balanced will sound different from unbalanced even in the same amp because noise/interference is eliminated due to the third grounding wire. Perhaps some FMs who've got experience with both can clarify better?

Insofar as speaker cables are concerned, they do make a difference though I'm not entirely sure if it's for the better. I recently got myself a pair of DAC silver streaks and connected to my quads, I'm pretty sure they'll make certain eardrums on this forum bleed. not the case with my Mogamis though.

Didn't catch your drift with the DAC silver streak.
Do you mean it's giving higher bass now?
Have you used any other cable before you started with the Mogami?
Is the Mogami better than the Silver streak?

Thanks

Thanks in advance.☺.
I am using the Amazon Basics 12awg OFC with all my gears and it’s worth the price.
I did use Kasper and C&E as well and I did not notice any difference.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back