Suggestions needed for setting up my home theatre.

Sutharsan

Hi. Sutharsan here. I am new to this forum and I hope that I might get help from you guys out here.
I am looking to set up a dedicated home theatre system in a room which is 16ftx17ft. I went and saw few demos and was fairly impressed by klipsch's reference premium series. The klipsch rp 260 (5.1) home theatre package is the one I have in mind and it's priced around 3.17 lakhs. Is it worth buying this for this price or do I have any better alternatives to this.20171221_045525.png20171221_045505.png

Last edited:
Hi

Visit other dealers and ProFx and check the different systems available...then decide....thumb rule....never share your actual budget with the dealer...just state the room dimensions and purpose of the system.....they will provide demo....

Once you like certain brands and models....list it down and share, we can then help in short listing....

There is feedback and comments available in What Should I buy and Home Theatre threads....read those...

Hi. Sutharsan here. I am new to this forum and I hope that I might get help from you guys out here.
I am looking to set up a dedicated home theatre system in a room which is 16ftx17ft. I went and saw few demos and was fairly impressed by klipsch's reference premium series. The klipsch rp 260 (5.1) home theatre package is the one I have in mind and it's priced around 3.17 lakhs. Is it worth buying this for this price or do I have any better alternatives to this.

You can't go wrong with Klipsch reference speakers if you are looking purely at a HT setup. I have not listened to music on them however, so I am not sure if they will do well there. Also considering they push the tweeters to take responsibility from a low frequency (probably why they are horn/wave guide loaded) means they are gonna be a tad bright and shouty. The high sensitivity means they go loud very easily. I still remember my audition several years ago at a dealer in T.Nagar, Klipsch speakers with Aragon amps and a sunfire sub, it was a fantastic setup for movies and I don't see why these speakers will not get as loud as needed with any midrange AVR.

I am looking to set up a dedicated home theatre system in a room which is 16ftx17ft. I went and saw few demos and was fairly impressed by klipsch's reference premium series. The klipsch rp 260 (5.1) home theatre package is the one I have in mind and it's priced around 3.17 lakhs.

I had Klipsch RP 160M BS & RP 440c in my HT set-up for sometime.. Liked it very much.. the older series prior to RP were bit harsh when demoed in cinebels few years back.. But the newer RP series, it doesn't sound harsh.

Is it worth buying this for this price or do I have any better alternatives to this.

For the money you will spend for this package, 3.17 Lacs, you can easily complete a 7.2.4 set-up with other brands, including the AVR.. Klipsch are the most expensive speakers aval in India..

Hi

Visit other dealers and ProFx and check the different systems available...then decide....thumb rule....never share your actual budget with the dealer...just state the room dimensions and purpose of the system.....they will provide demo....

Once you like certain brands and models....list it down and share, we can then help in short listing....

There is feedback and comments available in What Should I buy and Home Theatre threads....read those...
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I surely will check it out and get back to you guys

I had Klipsch RP 160M BS & RP 440c in my HT set-up for sometime.. Liked it very much.. the older series prior to RP were bit harsh when demoed in cinebels few years back.. But the newer RP series, it doesn't sound harsh.

For the money you will spend for this package, 3.17 Lacs, you can easily complete a 7.2.4 set-up with other brands, including the AVR.. Klipsch are the most expensive speakers aval in India..

Yeah u r right, but my room size is small for a 7.2.4 set up. So was thinking of a 5.1 now.

Yeah u r right, but my room size is small for a 7.2.4 set up. So was thinking of a 5.1 now.

I was referring to 7.2.4 set-up as example.. But yes, you can scale down to 5.1.2 for a smaller room..

I have a 14 (W) x 11 (L) feet room and run 5.2.2 set-up.. If y

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back