Suggestions to buy a Blu Ray Player

After a brief research I've opted to go for the media player with the following options:

Picture Quality
Component/Composite Cable Support to my old CRT TV
Ability to play internet TV and radio stations
Good Internet content usable in India
Firmware Support
Internal HDD Slot (optional)

I have looked at WD Live(7.4K), Asus HD2/Oplay Mini plus(7.4K), Himedia 600A/B (7K/9K).

Please do suggest the best VFM one to go for. Do please suggest other models also if good.

Regards.

Last edited:
@baijuxavior - I have made up my mind to get Himedia HD600A. Final set of my queries to you. Hope I won't bug you further :)

1)On seeing the back panel pictures of HD600A, I'm getting the question whether I will be able to hook it up to my existing Sony CRT(attached picture in earlier post)
In 600B I find seperate composite and component ports but not in 600A.

2) Also, I find LAN port in 600A but not in 600B. Whether 600b has built-in Wi-Fi alone & 600A external wi-fi alone (no built-in).

3) Got in touch with Raghu and understand 600A is not readily available though 600B is in stock. In this case can I go for the below or shall I wait and purchase from Raghu itself.

1080p H.264 MKV DTS Network Media Player Himedia HD600A | eBay

Appreciate your responses!

After a brief research I've opted to go for the media player with the following options:

Picture Quality
Component/Composite Cable Support to my old CRT TV
Ability to play internet TV and radio stations
Good Internet content usable in India
Firmware Support
Internal HDD Slot (optional)

I have looked at WD Live(7.4K), Asus HD2/Oplay Mini plus(7.4K), Himedia 600A/B (7K/9K).

Please do suggest the best VFM one to go for. Do please suggest other models also if good.

Regards.

1. There is composite out in 600A as can be seen from the ebay link you provided. For component video, I think you need to use some kind of adapter.
2. 600B has LAN port. If the player has no built-in wifi then a compatible usb wifi adapter can be used.
3. Buying from detna is recommended as you will get one year warranty. With ebay import, you may also need to pay customs duty.

Does LG550 play all formats including MKV ,, and does it have a Pss-Thru//RAW output option for audio...(Chek in settings--Audio)... and does it support NTFS formatted drives... If both these features are there then bro u jus made a bang for the buck...

1. There is composite out in 600A as can be seen from the ebay link you provided. For component video, I think you need to use some kind of adapter.
2. 600B has LAN port. If the player has no built-in wifi then a compatible usb wifi adapter can be used.
3. Buying from detna is recommended as you will get one year warranty. With ebay import, you may also need to pay customs duty.

Thanks baijixavior for your reply.

So if we intend to use component terminals then I need to get an adaptor right. But in 600B there is seperate Y/Pb/Pr terminals - am i correct.

As per your suggestion, I will get it from Detna itself!

Thank you so much for your inputs.

Yes, in 600B there is seperate Y/Pb/Pr terminals. I don't know what type of connector is needed for component connection in 600a.

@baijuxavior - Have ordered for Himedia HD600A with Detna. It seems it will take 10 days for delivery as its not in stock. So waiting for it's delivery soon.

I really thank you for your time and suggestions in enabling me to take a decision.

In mean time, may be will check for the option of an adapter to connect from the optical component of HD600A to my TV. If not, I may have to contend with the composite connection till I upgrade my television.

When you find time do keep me posted of any tips and basic do's and donts with Himedia player.

Thanks once again!

Congrats! I'm sure your upgrade won't stop here. To take full advantage of your hd player you will need HDTV and Home Theater.

Does LG550 play all formats including MKV ,, and does it have a Pss-Thru//RAW output option for audio...(Chek in settings--Audio)... and does it support NTFS formatted drives... If both these features are there then bro u jus made a bang for the buck...

I have it and it plays mkv and most other HD formats from the ntfs formatted external hdd. Also it has the hd audio pass-thru which can be set in the settings. Only drawback I had was this cannot be made region free for either dvd or blu-ray. Hence I was thinking of selling it off as I have got the toshiba player last month and happy with its performance.

Thanks

Hello all,

After a brief delay got the player y'day(reason being delay in customs for HD600A) so Raghu replaced it with 600B. Kudos to him.

Had a quick demo yesterday. I find the audio output quality not up to the mark. Is there any tuning which needs to be done. In picture too, I find some pixellation. It would be great if anyone can give me the optimal settings for my configuration.(attached is the pics of my TV and HT both bit dated system)

Appreciate your responses.

PS: In the TV rear I find an optical cable terminal sort of thing. Is it of any use.

Attachments

• TV Rear.jpg
    TV Rear.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 74
  • HT Rear.jpg
    HT Rear.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 74
  • HT Front.jpg
    HT Front.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 75

hi
is it supports for BD & 3D ? Iam also planning to buy 3D bd player & gone through the review of LG BD690 with 250 GB hard disc and Panasonic BD 320?
Can any one help ?

hi
is it supports for BD & 3D ? Iam also planning to buy 3D bd player & gone through the review of LG BD690 with 250 GB hard disc and Panasonic BD 320?
Can any one help ?

Hi @kitts. The op here has suggested for the Blu ray player based on his current setup so it would make sense for you to create another thread or post in appropriate thread.

Forget blu-ray player and buy a hd media player which will play all types of movie and audio formats. These are available at very low cost than a blu-ray player. As an entry level player, Asus oplay mini is recommended.

eBay: hd media player

How are you going to connect the player to your sony ht? Does it accept spdif input?

Hi
Since iam new to this,I need help to finalise the DVD player, My present setup is like this
1. Denon 1306 HT ( planing to upgrade with 1312xp)
2. Sony Bravia 3D LED TV.
3. Sony DVD player (Old model)
4. Airtel HD recordder.
My prolblem is Iam unable to play most of the DVDs/CDs and Usb files.
Now to watech 3D Movies I have to Go for 3d Bd player, I went through your post and thinking instead of buying 3dBD player cah i go for HD media player ? is HD media player is 1 to 1 replacemt for BD player ?
Thanks in advance !!

Hi @kitts. The op here has suggested for the Blu ray player based on his current setup so it would make sense for you to create another thread or post in appropriate thread.

Sorry, I saw the thread hedding is Suggestions to buy a Blu Ray Player

Hi
Since iam new to this,I need help to finalise the DVD player, My present setup is like this
1. Denon 1306 HT ( planing to upgrade with 1312xp)
2. Sony Bravia 3D LED TV.
3. Sony DVD player (Old model)
4. Airtel HD recordder.
My prolblem is Iam unable to play most of the DVDs/CDs and Usb files.
Now to watech 3D Movies I have to Go for 3d Bd player, I went through your post and thinking instead of buying 3dBD player cah i go for HD media player ? is HD media player is 1 to 1 replacemt for BD player ?
Thanks in advance !!

Sorry, I saw the thread hedding is Suggestions to buy a Blu Ray Player

@kitts. To not make things confusing it's still suggested that you make a new thread. Anyways. I think you can't compare a 3D Blu Ray Player to HD Media player. 3D Blu Ray Player may not necessarily play some of the formats that you may/may not download from the internet. My suggestion would be to go for a HD Media Player I think the Asus Mini is a decent Media player and would not cost you much.

@kitts. To not make things confusing it's still suggested that you make a new thread. Anyways. I think you can't compare a 3D Blu Ray Player to HD Media player. 3D Blu Ray Player may not necessarily play some of the formats that you may/may not download from the internet. My suggestion would be to go for a HD Media Player I think the Asus Mini is a decent Media player and would not cost you much.

Thanks a million.
Where can i buy the same in india or should i import from amazon/ebay??

Thanks a million.
Where can i buy the same in india or should i import from amazon/ebay??

I think there are other people out there who can give you better suggestions. But I think in low budget this should fit the bill. Here are the links.

Asus O! Mini Player Price - Buy Asus O! Mini Player Price in India, Best Prices n Review
ASUS O!Play MINI Stylish HD media player W HDMI Cable | eBay

I repeat again it's better you create a new thread asking for suggestions. I'm sure you will get better responses.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back