SUNFIRE Truesub MK2(2700W Pushpull) review

krell

Hi,
i wish to share my thoughts on the above said sub woofer.actually i had jbl L112 with 12"polypass woofers along with YAMAHA NS1000M,also had 12" woofers.i am enjoying music in strictly two channels with sansui au 717.
till recent times i was very happy with the bass from my main speakers.the bass from my main speakers are very good with all sorts of music. very tight and precise.
i never thought to put a sub in my system.
but recently i decided to put a 5.1 system in my room.purchased 5 surround speakers.Now my search started for a good sub woofer.
I decided to buy SVS PB12NCD.but fortunately i got a very good offer for a mint SUNFIRE Truesub MK2 with company power supply.the sub is in mint condition from a old stock seal packed unit from a gentle man.
yesterday i traveled 500km(250+250) and reached a fellow audio member house to audition the sub.
got a quick audition. not able to spend enough time in audition.
quickly finished listening secession and placed the sub along with power supply in my car.:)
the sub is just 11"by 11".but is very very heavy about 24kg and power supply about 10kg.
the amp is rated at 2700watts.the drivers are push pull type.one active driver and one was passive.
they are having a peak a peak extrusion of 2.5".
reached home,not able to put the sub for testing because of some work.
today morning i connected the sub in 2.1 configuration with onkyo amp running the main speakers(jbl l112) on full range.
sub crossover kept at 65hz as from the user manual.
(morning 05:30am)
started with first song from album "snap""you got the power" the volume kept at just normal.
song started,some thing hit my chest.some thing under my feet and around my body.
there is no window rattles no boom.just clean and precise bass.very very tight and well defined bass.
nothing was hearing,just feeling.everything was overwhelming.
next enigma "sadness"
the track i listened hundreds of times.but never felt this kind of feeling.everything coming to life.before i had jamo d6 and jamo sub200.
but never felt this kind of feel.
the bass from sub is very very quick.:yahoo:
spending my time from morning to till now,but not able to stop the music.
rediscovering all my music.
not tested with movies,will do later and update once done.
thanks for reading.

Attachments

• DSC_0407.jpg
    DSC_0407.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0419.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_0420.jpg
    DSC_0420.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0423.jpg
    DSC_0423.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 141
A friend of mine uses a 15" version of this subwoofer. I haven't listened to too many subs, but this one, IMHO, is the best I've listened to. When set up right, it is indeed very good for music. And yes, this subwoofer is really heavy for it's size!

Congrats on the buy. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!

Last edited:
Congrats on your new sub.
I remember we exchanged some PMs on your SVS plans.

But this is a fast and detailed sub for sure.
It is amazingly tiny for its capacity/ output.
Enjoy.

dear santy thank you very much.
yes i almost placed the order for the svs. but fortunately i got this sub for a good price.
i dont know how the svs with my system.
but rightnow i am very happy with the sunfire.

Congrats Krell,

This sub is engineered by legendary Bob Carver[Sunfire corporation],the performance has to be good.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back