Surround and atmos speakers for 5.1.2 HT setup in living room

waris

Hi FMs,
I am looking to add surround and atmos speakers to my existing 3.1 setup.
I am looking at
1.Sonus 3540
2.polk OWM 3
3. Taga S90
4. Taga 806
I think Taga can only be used for surround so for atmos I have to choose between Polk and sonodyne.
My present setup consists of
3020i,3090c and HTS12 with Denon x2400h.
3010i looks big for surround duty in living room.
I need surround as well as atmos. Atmos also I will prefer as wall mountable.

Thanks

Hi FMs,
I am looking to add surround and atmos speakers to my existing 3.1 setup.
I am looking at
1.Sonus 3540
2.polk OWM 3
3. Taga S90
4. Taga 806
I think Taga can only be used for surround so for atmos I have to choose between Polk and sonodyne.
My present setup consists of
3020i,3090c and HTS12 with Denon x2400h.
3010i looks big for surround duty in living room.
I need surround as well as atmos. Atmos also I will prefer as wall mountable.

Thanks
I also have the option to go for indiq audio surround and atmos speakers. But they are slightly costlier than all other options.

Both the sonus and owm3 are good options for both surround and atmos. If you have the correct mounts and space, try ceiling mounting these for atmos. It's been told They are much better that way than wall mounted.

Make sure they are angled at the user.

I also have the option to go for indiq audio surround and atmos speakers. But they are slightly costlier than all other options.
There was a group buy for Indiqaudio products which got closed just yesterday night. You could have availed the 20% discount on indiq products. So you could have purchased the surround speakers for 15k. The normal price is 18.9k.

There was a group buy for Indiqaudio products which got closed just yesterday night. You could have availed the 20% discount on indiq products. So you could have purchased the surround speakers for 15k. The normal price is 18.9k.
Actually there slanted model (preferred for atmos) are priced at 25k. Compared to Sonus3540 its 10k more.

Actually there slanted model (preferred for atmos) are priced at 25k. Compared to Sonus3540 its 10k more.
No. It's their Alaap model used for surrounds. The slanted ones. They don't have any specific ones for atmos. Alaap costs 18.9k. At 20% discount it comes for 15k. I have already ordered one for myself.
Spec wise, driver size wise Alaap is better than sonus 3540.

No. It's their Alaap model used for surrounds. The slanted ones. They don't have any specific ones for atmos. Alaap costs 18.9k. At 20% discount it comes for 15k. I have already ordered one for myself.
Spec wise, driver size wise Alaap is better than sonus 3540.
Don't know ,but when I messaged them ,they said slanted model is 25k and straight model is 18.9k.

These are the speaker pricing.
The standard design is straight and the angled one is custom made depending on the position where its going to be placed and so on so i belive this falls under their Custom design and that's where is the difference in Pricing...

The standard design is straight and the angled one is custom made depending on the position where its going to be placed and so on so i belive this falls under their Custom design and that's where is the difference in Pricing...
Could be but the difference looks to be higher.Also since I purchased 3020i in 20-21k for fronts it does not make sense to me to out more than 20k in surround.
I would appreciate if FMs can suggest between OWM, SONUS, INDIQ surround/atmos speakers.

Could be but the difference looks to be higher.Also since I purchased 3020i in 20-21k for fronts it does not make sense to me to out more than 20k in surround.
I would appreciate if FMs can suggest between OWM, SONUS, INDIQ surround/atmos speakers.
I think you should go with he OWM3 or 5 for surrounds.. They are excellent surround speakers.

I think you should go with he OWM3 or 5 for surrounds.. They are excellent surround speakers.
Hi,
Dealer has both OWM3 and SONUS . But he said Sonus has more detailing.
As per spec Sonus has -3db at 80Hz but 85dB sensitivity. OWM3 has -3db at 100Hz but 89dB sensitivity.

Last edited:
I recently got Sonus 3540 from AV Shack New Delhi at 13k. You can Whatsapp them and bargain @ 9716848484. Delivery took almost 3 weeks due to lockdown. I have ceiling mounted it and I'm quite happy with it. I didn't like OWM3 shape. It is subjective though.

I recently got Sonus 3540 from AV Shack New Delhi at 13k. You can Whatsapp them and bargain @ 9716848484. Delivery took almost 3 weeks due to lockdown. I have ceiling mounted it and I'm quite happy with it. I didn't like OWM3 shape. It is subjective though.
Thanks for sharing your feedback Sir.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back