Surround and atmos speakers for 5.1.2 HT setup in living room

IMG-20210623-WA0009.jpgIMG-20210623-WA0008.jpg
Above are 2 pics of my living room . Green color dot is the MLP. where should I be mounting the surround speakers. Going with Sonus if I mount on side . Distance from left side of MLP will be quite high compared to right speaker (from MLP).
in this condition I feel OWM3 may give flexibility of mounting on back wall and tilting towards MLP. First speaker can go on wall and 2nd on the wooden partition.
This wall is total 15ft. MLP to right wall is 6ft and left wall is 8ft
Plz advise.

Purchase update-
Got a pair of OWM3 from a FM. Plz advise on surround speaker placement for 5.1.
I will buy one more pair for ATMOS.

Try this, position 1: Try at ear level on left/right wall, Position 2: Try behind the ear levels. Decide the position which sounds the best, every home is unique and there is no black white answer for placements.

Dear FMs,
I am looking to complete 5.1.2 system. Already have 5.1 now. But find the magic to be missing from OTT
Then I tried truehd movies and sound quality improved a lot . However that wow effect or surround effect is still missing that surprises you.
LCR are q acoustics 3020i and 3090c and surround are polk OWM3.
I plan to add sonus 3540 for Atmos . I will put them on the front wall.
Is that ok?
Also another option was adding Polk S10 for surround and moving OWM3 to front wall .
Plz share your suggestions.

Dear FMs,
I am looking to complete 5.1.2 system. Already have 5.1 now. But find the magic to be missing from OTT
Then I tried truehd movies and sound quality improved a lot . However that wow effect or surround effect is still missing that surprises you.
LCR are q acoustics 3020i and 3090c and surround are polk OWM3.
I plan to add sonus 3540 for Atmos . I will put them on the front wall.
Is that ok?
Also another option was adding Polk S10 for surround and moving OWM3 to front wall .
Plz share your suggestions.
I will highly recommend to go for top middle or top rear. Over head will give you the best results.The sonus 3540 comes with mounting brackets for ceiling. Also you can make a custom box and install inceiling speakers.

I will highly recommend to go for top middle or top rear. Over head will give you the best results.The sonus 3540 comes with mounting brackets for ceiling. Also you can make a custom box and install inceiling speakers.
Hi @Love4sound ,
I have fall ceiling and it has only 3 inch space as per drawings. So can't install ceiling speakers. So have 2 choices install the speakers on front wall or on the side walls.
However since my seating position is not in the middle of the room. The left height would be too far. Room is 15 ft in width and I am sitting at hardly 6ft from right wall.
What's the optimum configuration for this case .

Hi @Love4sound ,
I have fall ceiling and it has only 3 inch space as per drawings. So can't install ceiling speakers. So have 2 choices install the speakers on front wall or on the side walls.
However since my seating position is not in the middle of the room. The left height would be too far. Room is 15 ft in width and I am sitting at hardly 6ft from right wall.
What's the optimum configuration for this case .
Ok why not use other mounts and install a light weight speaker like Polk owm3 in the false ceiling. Even the Sonus may not be heavy and your ceiling should be able to hold them. Installing it overhead will be the best option in your case

Ok why not use other mounts and install a light weight speaker like Polk owm3 in the false ceiling. Even the Sonus may not be heavy and your ceiling should be able to hold them. Installing it overhead will be the best option in your case
Thanks @Love4sound .
My electrician advised against putting speakers on the false ceiling. He said the false ceiling will not hold .
If I decide to go with this option. Which speaker will you suggest for Atmos .
Also any suggestions on improving bass.

Thanks @Love4sound .
My electrician advised against putting speakers on the false ceiling. He said the false ceiling will not hold .
If I decide to go with this option. Which speaker will you suggest for Atmos .
Also any suggestions on improving bass.
If you like owm3 go with it.What I will suggest is cut the ceiling and install a custom made box directly to the concrete ceiling and use in-ceiling speakers. Well bass is tricky. Need to experiment different positions and if still not happy the only way to improve is upgrade ur sub

If you like owm3 go with it.What I will suggest is cut the ceiling and install a custom made box directly to the concrete ceiling and use in-ceiling speakers. Well bass is tricky. Need to experiment different positions and if still not happy the only way to improve is upgrade ur sub
Ok. Plz suggest which of these speakers are better for surround.
Polk OWM3
Polk S10
Kef T101
any other suggestions.
i am looking at options that have lesser depth. So 3010i is not under consideration.

Ok. Plz suggest which of these speakers are better for surround.
Polk OWM3
Polk S10
Kef T101
any other suggestions.
i am looking at options that have lesser depth. So 3010i is not under consideration.
I think the S10 should be a decent speaker for surrounds

I think the S10 should be a decent speaker for surrounds
Hi,
I have ordered Polk S10 yesterday. Thanks for the guidance.
I will be using S10 for surround and moving OWM3 to Atmos. Which cable is suggested for Atmos.
Presently I am using Belden 8473.
Can I use Polycab for Atmos?
Plz guide .

Hi,
I have ordered Polk S10 yesterday. Thanks for the guidance.
I will be using S10 for surround and moving OWM3 to Atmos. Which cable is suggested for Atmos.
Presently I am using Belden 8473.
Can I use Polycab for Atmos?
Plz guide .
Any OFC of 14AWG will be good enough

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back