Surround and atmos speakers for 5.1.2 HT setup in living room

Hi FMs,
I have ordered stackfine 16AWG cable and received today.
S10 is doing duty in surround and OWM3 are kept on the top shelf(as front height). Tomorrow I plan to move them to ceiling with help from electrician. What's the correct placement.

I also ordered these
MYL-SM-L1 - Speaker Wall Mount Stand - Bracket 2 Nos for 4 mm, 5 mm & 6.35mm (¼ inch) Thread Hole/Keyhole Speakers - Universal Type (Black) (2 Mounts, White) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0811JDNRJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_XNP13GJMQ0ANY6G7P01G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and these
SAFWE – SM03 - Speaker Wall Mount Stand - Bracket 2 Nos for 5 mm & 6.35mm (¼ inch) Thread Hole Speakers - Universal Type (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07SNRS147/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_358KWV3DHPDJAEZ2FQZ7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 66714View attachment 66715View attachment 66717
Here are some pics of my living room. Please suggest proper location of Atmos. Also suggest if sub can be placed in an alternate location for better performance.
@Love4sound @efernand1 @
Go for top middle layout. Make sure you angle it as per dolby guidelines for best results. Regarding subwoofer yes you can experiment different positions and it’s one of the key factors to get the best out of your subwoofer.

Go for top middle layout. Make sure you angle it as per dolby guidelines for best results. Regarding subwoofer yes you can experiment different positions and it’s one of the key factors to get the best out of your subwoofer.
Actually i want to ask if i shall place the Atmos as per TV placement i .e. in symmetry to front speakers . In that case Atmos speakers will be assymetric w.r.t room layout . I e. In the white portion one will be closer to side green compared to other.

Top Middle would be ideal.....if calculating from screen...see if can be place after the fans on the side beams (in green) angled to the listening spot.
Hmm. I was thinking of installing in white portion. Room is 15x12 and MLP is not in the middle of the 15 ft wall.Its 6 ft from right wall. Installing in green will be symmetric to room but assymetric to MLP. plz suggest.

Actually i want to ask if i shall place the Atmos as per TV placement i .e. in symmetry to front speakers . In that case Atmos speakers will be assymetric w.r.t room layout . I e. In the white portion one will be closer to side green compared to other.
No calculate based on your MLP. So if you are going top middle install the speakers at an angle recommended by Dolby from your MLP

Hmm. I was thinking of installing in white portion. Room is 15x12 and MLP is not in the middle of the 15 ft wall.Its 6 ft from right wall. Installing in green will be symmetric to room but assymetric to MLP. plz suggest.

See then whats the best position based on the options and barriers.

Finally k could install Atmos. Lots of constraints were there . Plz suggest good sources for testing.

View attachment 67255
Ready player one race scene at the beginning of the movie has good atmos. Also use the below link to get good atmos test tracks

OK. Now i am stuck as my TV only plays ATMOS(I assume DD+) and No true HD. What could be the way around.AVR is Denon x2400.
The 9000H is TrueHD compatible sir. Issue must be elsewhere...

The 9000H is TrueHD compatible sir. Issue must be elsewhere...
So I figure it must be the ARC port on AVR. I need eARC i think for true hd .
So what are my options now to get true HD? Invest in NVIDIA SHIELD? I do have firestick 4K. Will it pass through true hd audio if we connect directly to AVR? I am playing from my portable HDD.

So I figure it must be the ARC port on AVR. I need eARC i think for true hd .
So what are my options now to get true HD? Invest in NVIDIA SHIELD? I do have firestick 4K. Will it pass through true hd audio if we connect directly to AVR? I am playing from my portable HDD.
Sir, just accept a software update and try first.
If not working, then try other options. Your TV is within upgrade cycle only most probably.

Shall I tilt them towards MLP?

The answer depends on the dispersion of your ceiling speakers (90+ preferred for pointing straight down, if you’ve mounted them at a 45 degree elevation) and how good their off-axis response is. The better the off-axis response, the lower the need to point them at MLP.

Or, just tilt them towards your MLP regardless and stick with whatever works better for you.

I recently got Sonus 3540 from AV Shack New Delhi at 13k. You can Whatsapp them and bargain @ 9716848484. Delivery took almost 3 weeks due to lockdown. I have ceiling mounted it and I'm quite happy with it. I didn't like OWM3 shape. It is subjective though.
Hey. How did you ceiling mount it? If possible pls share pics

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back