Surround channel volume is too low even after full volume is turned on

jeemonpaul

hello frenzz...
am having a onkyo 313 Av reciver and Wharfedale speaker package. the issue am having is the surround channel output is very low even after i keep it in full..all other channels are doin good any suggestions ????

and i want to add 2 more additional speakers to the surround as my HT room is bit long .... how i will add up without heating / burning up my receiver...plz advice guyzz...:clapping::clapping:

You need thicker cables(say 14awg)as there can be signal loss.Also wharfedale mostly has lower sensitivity.Also sometimes surrounds are not present in movie.Are you getting test tone sound correctly?Then check & adjust speaker distance correctly.Hope this may help.

hello frenzz...
am having a onkyo 313 Av reciver and Wharfedale speaker package. the issue am having is the surround channel output is very low even after i keep it in full..all other channels are doin good any suggestions ????

and i want to add 2 more additional speakers to the surround as my HT room is bit long .... how i will add up without heating / burning up my receiver...plz advice guyzz...:clapping::clapping:

I think you can also do this simple test. How about setting and playing music on all the 5 channels rather than playing it as 2 channel stereo ? In that case, you must get enough sound on all the channels.

Also, surround channels are mostly very subtle in producing the sound.

^^ That's correct. I faced the same problem. Took down one rear speaker, changed to thicker cable, but not much improvement. Then I tested it with audio only from a CD playing on 5.1 channel mode. It was perfect. While watching TV in 5.1, rears are slightly subdued, but that may be due to the contents of the show.

Have you tested with the AVR test signal (the hisssss sound)? Many AVRs clip the surround sound levels at higher volumes so as not to exceed the power output levels.

If the AVR test signal is OK, then test with a DVD or BD.

To check, Just interchange front & Rare speaker connection at AVR. If every thing is fine then you should get proper sound. After that just test with testing clip as suggested by other.

hello frenzz...

What is the surround speaker settings in your AVR ?...If you get to that on your AVR, you can increase the level for each speaker there in db....

Try to keep that in Maximum for surround speaker & let us know....

if you have Pearl harbor Bluray/DVD try to play it..it have some good surround track in the scenes of ships being attacked by japanese planes.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back