Surround Speakers Cabling

kssameer

Hi,

I need to find a solution for concealed cabling across my living room home theater that is about 10ft in length. Unfortunately I do not have an option to conceal the wiring within the wall. I have a 7 feet wide 7 feet tall french window on one side and was planning on using PVC casing to run the wire along the periphery of the french window. The other option is to use a a floor cable concealer (Belkin : Belkin Cord Concealer - Tan) along the french window if available which would reduce the cable length by a large amount.

I would appreciate if anyone with such a prior experience please provide your inputs. Are floor cable concealers such as the one listed at the URL above available in India (specifically Bangalore)?

Thanks in advance!

You could also try adhesive backed speaker wire that can be painted on as well. If run with a little bit of imagination can be made to look like a design on the wall as well.

Flat Wire 16 gauge 2 Wire 50 Foot Roll: 21st Century Goods

http://shop.cablesunlimited.com/store/cablesun/en_US/pd/CategoryID.13926000/productID.110777800

Hi,

I need to find a solution for concealed cabling across my living room home theater that is about 10ft in length. Unfortunately I do not have an option to conceal the wiring within the wall. I have a 7 feet wide 7 feet tall french window on one side and was planning on using PVC casing to run the wire along the periphery of the french window. The other option is to use a a floor cable concealer (Belkin : Belkin Cord Concealer - Tan) along the french window if available which would reduce the cable length by a large amount.

I would appreciate if anyone with such a prior experience please provide your inputs. Are floor cable concealers such as the one listed at the URL above available in India (specifically Bangalore)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The other option is to use a a floor cable concealer (Belkin : Belkin Cord Concealer - Tan) along the french window if available which would reduce the cable length by a large amount.

Unless you can dig holes on the floor, sink the cable inside, and then cover it, placing cables across the floor, even with concealers, is always messy. I have seen many establishments use packing tape to place cables on the floor and cover it. Over a period of time, the tape starts looking ugly and getting in the way of people walking across.

Using conduits on the wall is about the only way this can be done, unless you are ready for some civil work.

Cheers

Also in my case, i have to take the surround cables running all over the wall (3 sides) - so i need pretty longer ones.

Any suggestion for the cables to be used in such longer length. for now i use very ordinary ones, came with sony HTIB.

purchased 16 AWG micro flat cable from parts-express

AR PR398 1350W Microflat Tape-Style Speaker Wire 100 ft

Manufacturer: Acoustic Research --- http://www.araccessories.com/ARAcce...SULT&search=microflat&ACTION_PRODUCT_ID=PR398

Review Link : Parts-Express.com:AR PR398 1350W Microflat Tape-Style Speaker Wire 100 ft. | speaker wire wire tape tape wire taper wire flat speaker wire

Deal Details :

free shipping - delivered in 1 day ( amazing ) - via FedEx

MRP : $115
Discount price : $58 for 100ft

Superb Tech and Order support from parts-express. Highly recommended.

nice installation help:

How To Install Flat Speaker Cable

Last edited:
please provide more details. From where to source? is it flat? what's price? what's brand?

Also, any feedback on Monster Superflat mini 16AWG and Monster superflat 12 AWG?

why they dont have superflat 14AWG?

Sorry I just missed,I got from local Lamington Rd.There are around 4 shops.I is loose & no company name mentioned.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back