SVS PB 1000 or SB 2000

X man

I am looking to upgrade my existing Velo Impact 10 sub.. Have a 2 channel integrated Amp/ AVR set up connected to MA floorstanders. Though I do not use sub for 2 channel music, would ideally prefer a sub good for movies and music.

Considering SVS - PB 1000 which is supposed to be good for movies , but not sure about music. Was wondering if it makes sense to push budget higher and go for SVS SB2000 if it is a good balance between movies and music... Would it be atleast comparable to PB1000 for movies?

Sb2000 is a sealed model and mainly for music. The pb2000 would be better for both. You could also consider Rythmik subs. They would be good for movies and music

PB 2000 is large and costlier.. beyond my budget.. so trying to decide between SB2000 (sealed but higher output), PB 1000 (ported) but not sure about music performance.

PB 2000 is large and costlier.. beyond my budget.. so trying to decide between SB2000 (sealed but higher output), PB 1000 (ported) but not sure about music performance.

Hi

Visit Total Home Theatres and audition.....same content....then decide.....

Visit ProAudioHome and check out BIC America subs

Sb2000 is a sealed model and mainly for music. The pb2000 would be better for both. You could also consider Rythmik subs. They would be good for movies and music
Sb2000 mainly for music wud be a little wrong to say as svs themselves say that both the subs can serve both the purpose. Its just about ur preference.

Recently we have seen that @celester340 has put his SVS SB1000 on sale in classified section. Just go through his post or PM him about information on SVS subwoofer. He may guide you in better way. I have personally never auditioned SVS subwoofer so can't help you but in regards but most of the reviews, SB2000 is compared with PB2000. One of the FM purchased XTZ 12.17 over SVS due to little inexpensive, subwoofer tuning option with foam plug and better mid bass response than SVS.

For the OP, I took an audition of the pb1000 and the sb1000. Having seen and heard a lot of reviews online I decided to go for the sb1000 for my HT room. What I felt was that the pb1000 was very loud and agressive, something I didnt want for movies. But most others would like that chest thumping bass. Not me. I prefer the slightly softer but tighter bass of the sb1000.

My room is a 11*14 dedicated room. The sb1000 is more than adequate in this room. In fact have to tune down the volume with audessey. Both the SB and pb are very good and have their own merits and demerits. But have very different characteristics and sounds, if u may call it that.

What is your room size?

Since you are upgrading from a 10" sub, I recommend upgrading to SB2000 or PB2000.

SB2000 will be good for smaller rooms.

As Celester340 pointed out, if you like more bass at low frequencies, you can consider PB2000.

Sb 1000 and 2000 both share the same 12" drivers but Amplifier power differs. In general the larger drivers have advantage over 10" drivers of pb 1000, but Sealed subs generally need more power for giving a impactful bass in <30hz frequencies. I have heard all the four subs from SVS.

If I have to pick between Pb and Sb 1000, I'd pick Pb 1000. By the way, I prefered Htz 12.17 over PB 1000 and bought it for sheer VFM and possibility of various configuration options. And pretty much happy with the performance.

I am looking to upgrade my existing Velo Impact 10 sub.. Have a 2 channel integrated Amp/ AVR set up connected to MA floorstanders. Though I do not use sub for 2 channel music, would ideally prefer a sub good for movies and music.

Considering SVS - PB 1000 which is supposed to be good for movies , but not sure about music. Was wondering if it makes sense to push budget higher and go for SVS SB2000 if it is a good balance between movies and music... Would it be atleast comparable to PB1000 for movies?

As a previous user , I strongly recommend RYTHMIK LV12F for both movies and Music.
I’m happy with the performance of L12 right now!

Rhythmik is a notch above svs definately a better sub.
For my untrained ears rythmik lv12f has better dynamics than pb 1000 and sb2000 which I hv auditioned. Don’t know about pb2000. In fact I didn’t see that monster directly!!

Audition the SVS subs at Total Home Theatres.....they also keep SunFire subs too.......

Visit other dealers to check out brands like REL or Rnythmic or BIC America.....use the same content for audition as reference to decide which brand works for you.

Everyone has a different take on subs.....you need to trust your ears and decide which one works best for you!

Thanks does total home theater have SVS for auditioning? Where is Pro Audio Home ? Can you provide contacts? Havent done any research on BIC - which would be the comparable model.

Total Home Theatres has SVS.....(nariman point) call before going and check if the desired models are on demo...

ProAudioHome....New Mumbai.......call before going ....BIC America PL 200 ii

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back