SVS PC-12 Plus (39kg) ----------- SGD$1729 + 7% GST Tax

Shipping to India (Estimate) is as follows:
SVS PB-13Ultra (78kg) ------------ SGD$755 to SGD$780
SVS PB-12 Plus (72kg) ----------- SGD$705 to SGD$725
SVS PB-12NSD (43kg) ------------ SGD$490 to SGD$510
SVS PC-13 Ultra (51kg) ----------- SGD$560 to SGD$580
SVS PC-12 Plus (39kg) ----------- SGD$478 to SGD$499

Note: For export, GST is not taxable.

Please confirm delivery address and postal code so as to confirm shipping charges to you.

Based on your dimensions of your room (12 feet wide by 20 feet long and 10 feet high & listening distance is 19 feet with no window only one ventilation duct & two doors), you can consider either the Pc12+ or the Pc13 Ultra.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us or email us again.

Thank you and regards.

Violet Chia

Accounts & Finance

KEC SOUND SYSTEM PTE LTD

1 Coleman Street #01-24/25 (next to main lobby)

The Adelphi, Singapore 179803

Tel: 65-65643188 Fax: 65-63391383

what is SGD AND GST and what your thoughts on svs sub price ,for me they are quite high i mean double price

what you say guys only svs pb-12nsd is near about 50000 i guess

please reply

very reasonably priced. Though shipping is gonna kill you.

BTW why are you looking for these when you ahve the polks. Wont it be cheaper to add more polks?

very reasonably priced. Though shipping is gonna kill you.

BTW why are you looking for these when you ahve the polks. Wont it be cheaper to add more polks?

bro polks don't go that much low only 32hz but svs pb 12 nsd go down to 18hz

i'm also asking him what will be the disount if i buy two svs pb-12 nsd though single sub is cost around 50000 rupees

i guess at 50000 its a great sub

Manu ...prices quoted to you sound on the higher side to me. Almost an year back I had enquired with SVS usa. I had gotten this quote for PB 10 NSD which is retailing at US $449 now.

PB10-NSD
Door to door $370 Bax Quote Number 9478599
Door to airport $245 Bax Quote Number 9478498

These quotes are for prepaid shipping and a small international handling fee only. Any taxes, duties, brokerage, administrative, etc. fees are your responsibility. The door to door rate includes the brokerage fees and the door to airport does not. The brokerage fees included in door to door rates may not include all local administrative fees.

If you opt for door to airport you are responsible for finding out about any required procedures in advance. We had one recipient that had to become a registered importer in his country in order to be able to pick up at the airport (a lengthy and expensive process) and because he didn't find out about this requirement in advance, he was not only forced to go through it, but he also had to pay storage fees on the box while waiting for his forms to process.

If you want to order with a credit card you can order over the web or the phone. Be aware that international credit cards can take a long time to be verified (we perform security checks on all international credit card orders); if you want to ensure timely processing you can pay with a money order/cashiers check or by sending an electronic funds transfer (TT, wire transfer, etc). When ordering with a credit card shipping will not be added online (Bax has no online rate calculator) so just choose the international shipping option from the shipping choices which adds no shipping fee. We will manually add the shipping charges as a separate transaction after the initial one. Please also make sure that you let us know, either in the comments section of the order form survey or with a followup email after you order, if you need the subwoofer in 110v or 220v configuration.

Manu ...prices quoted to you sound on the higher side to me. Almost an year back I had enquired with SVS usa. I had gotten this quote for PB 10 NSD which is retailing at US $449 now.

PB10-NSD
Door to door $370 Bax Quote Number 9478599
Door to airport $245 Bax Quote Number 9478498

These quotes are for prepaid shipping and a small international handling fee only. Any taxes, duties, brokerage, administrative, etc. fees are your responsibility. The door to door rate includes the brokerage fees and the door to airport does not. The brokerage fees included in door to door rates may not include all local administrative fees.

If you opt for door to airport you are responsible for finding out about any required procedures in advance. We had one recipient that had to become a registered importer in his country in order to be able to pick up at the airport (a lengthy and expensive process) and because he didn't find out about this requirement in advance, he was not only forced to go through it, but he also had to pay storage fees on the box while waiting for his forms to process.

If you want to order with a credit card you can order over the web or the phone. Be aware that international credit cards can take a long time to be verified (we perform security checks on all international credit card orders); if you want to ensure timely processing you can pay with a money order/cashiers check or by sending an electronic funds transfer (TT, wire transfer, etc). When ordering with a credit card shipping will not be added online (Bax has no online rate calculator) so just choose the international shipping option from the shipping choices which adds no shipping fee. We will manually add the shipping charges as a separate transaction after the initial one. Please also make sure that you let us know, either in the comments section of the order form survey or with a followup email after you order, if you need the subwoofer in 110v or 220v configuration.

got it bro.though i'm leaning toward ed sub now with 70000 including shipping i can get two ed a2 300 sub (though they are in 110 volts,can i use voltage converter with them)

hehehehe yup don't worry i'm soft with women :cool: ;)

i guess two svs can great or i'm also looking at two element design subwoofers

Irrespective of the brands, placement and tuning will be a pain in the a$$. So buyer beware from that perspective.

I still think you should be OK with polk as well if you are happy. Have you seen the 303, 505 etc?

Irrespective of the brands, placement and tuning will be a pain in the a$$. So buyer beware from that perspective.

I still think you should be OK with polk as well if you are happy. Have you seen the 303, 505 etc?

i'm happy with my polk psw 125 sub but want that low sound which can be provide only by subs who can go deep and low at 20 hz or below

Hi Manu,

I think I'm also in the same lines as you pursue. After going through various forums and reviews I have shortlisted the below mentioned subs for me (of course I have limited budgets, but can stretch to some extant):
1. HSU VTF2-MK3
2. HSU VTF3-MK3 (I guess this will be an overkill for me)
3. SVS PC-12 NSD (I liked the cylider!, furniture like)
4. SVS PB-12 NSD (both svs at same price but differ in weight, reviews say that the box type is more or less provide flat response at low end)
5. ED a2 300 (but as you mentyioned 110V version)
6. AV123 - FW-15 sub (but read a lot of amplifier issues and some sort of bad business practices with AV123 in various forums, but in general the sub seem to be good as it got better ratings in carigsub measurements which again is from his perspective only)

I got quotes directly from HSU for the first one for USD $942.34 (unit price and shipping only). The indicated customs charges are around USD$200.00.

For the SVS subs I got quote from KEC sound, Singapore (Violet Chia) and the specific quote i got for PC-12 NSD was a total of SGD$1435.00 which do not include the customs.
I also got quotes from 20north.com for the SVS (I'm waiting for the quotes for AV123, ED and HSU subs from them!) and it was Rs55704.00 (all inclusive) for SVS PB-12 NSD and Rs.50714.00 (all inclusive) for PC-12 NSD. Both the quotes are based on ocean shipping and include the 15% service charge to 20north.com.
What I presumed from various forums going through various reviews and user experiences is that the HSUs are better all rounders while SVS excels in movies. One advantage that people attribute to HSU subs are that they have something known as VTF (variable tuning frequency) which can be fiddled by the user for maximum output (SPL) or for maximum extension (below 20Hz).
Right now I'm leaning towards HSU or ED (but the 110 V issue is still there).

Actually ED a2 300 subs are custom built as i read from there website. SO not sure whether we can ask for 230V version from them!!

Thanks
Sethukumar

Hi Manu,

I think I'm also in the same lines as you pursue. After going through various forums and reviews I have shortlisted the below mentioned subs for me (of course I have limited budgets, but can stretch to some extant):
1. HSU VTF2-MK3
2. HSU VTF3-MK3 (I guess this will be an overkill for me)
3. SVS PC-12 NSD (I liked the cylider!, furniture like)
4. SVS PB-12 NSD (both svs at same price but differ in weight, reviews say that the box type is more or less provide flat response at low end)
5. ED a2 300 (but as you mentyioned 110V version)
6. AV123 - FW-15 sub (but read a lot of amplifier issues and some sort of bad business practices with AV123 in various forums, but in general the sub seem to be good as it got better ratings in carigsub measurements which again is from his perspective only)

I got quotes directly from HSU for the first one for USD $942.34 (unit price and shipping only). The indicated customs charges are around USD$200.00.

For the SVS subs I got quote from KEC sound, Singapore (Violet Chia) and the specific quote i got for PC-12 NSD was a total of SGD$1435.00 which do not include the customs.
I also got quotes from 20north.com for the SVS (I'm waiting for the quotes for AV123, ED and HSU subs from them!) and it was Rs55704.00 (all inclusive) for SVS PB-12 NSD and Rs.50714.00 (all inclusive) for PC-12 NSD. Both the quotes are based on ocean shipping and include the 15% service charge to 20north.com.
What I presumed from various forums going through various reviews and user experiences is that the HSUs are better all rounders while SVS excels in movies. One advantage that people attribute to HSU subs are that they have something known as VTF (variable tuning frequency) which can be fiddled by the user for maximum output (SPL) or for maximum extension (below 20Hz).
Right now I'm leaning towards HSU or ED (but the 110 V issue is still there).

Actually ED a2 300 subs are custom built as i read from there website. SO not sure whether we can ask for 230V version from them!!

Thanks
Sethukumar

hey brother i'm totally agree with you on your choices i too have same choices and as far as svs pb-12 nsd concerns it cost around 55000 including shipping door to door as quoted by voilet chia ,i also live chat with ed subwoofer technicians and they said only 110 volts but he also said we can use voltage converter and for two ed a2 300 the total price including shipping are 71000 rupees whether we buy one ed a2 300 or two shipping cost around 750$ so i guess buying two would be a bargain

so i'm leaning more towards ed now

Hi Manu,

I think in that case, instead of ED shipping if we go for the ocean shipping of 20north.com there will be huge difference. When I got th quotes for SVS PB-12 NSD and PC-12 NSD, the air frieght charges and ocean shipping charges were totally different like the formar was around Rs22000/- or so and the latter around Rs5000.00 or so. So instead of ordering directly from ED there seems to be some cost advantage with 20north.com. Also we are entitled to get a 5% discount being member of hifivision!!

What is your take on this?

Regards
Sethukumar

got it bro.though i'm leaning toward ed sub now with 70000 including shipping i can get two ed a2 300 sub (though they are in 110 volts,can i use voltage converter with them)

Hey Manu...my whole point was that it would work out cheaper if you bought them from US directly than going thru SG dealers.

ed a7s 450 comes with 230 volts and it is 18 inch sealed sub with 1300 watts power and price around 850 buy two and price is 800 for each

should i buy one ed a7s 450 or two ed a2 300(which comes only in 115 volts)

please reply asap bros.

my mind is now totally set to ed subwoofer

ed a7s 450 comes with 230 volts and it is 18 inch sealed sub with 1300 watts power and price around 850 buy two and price is 800 for each

should i buy one ed a7s 450 or two ed a2 300(which comes only in 115 volts)

please reply asap bros.

my mind is now totally set to ed subwoofer

forget the sealed one. it wont satisfy your needs. you gotta have a ported one. there are other ed subs that are in 350-800$ range that will fit your needs.

a bigger sub is better than 2 subs at half price. 2 subs are also tough to synchronize. you definitely will need an spl meter also and lot of placement trials. if your room placement for 2 subs is fixed and you cant move them around, then it will be even tougher.

you can also make your own sub. at the same price, it will kill the HSUs and the SVSs.

Back