SVS Subwoofer PB2000 info needed in setting it up

ajeetk

Hi Members,

Need your help in correcting my setup of Subwoofer.

I have Marantz NR 1609 + Dynaudio Emit M20(FL/FR) + SVS PB 2000 Sub.

SVS PB 2000 I purchased just now a pre-owned unit and is in working condition..

However when I am plugging in, I really dont feel any difference. I have connected Sub 1 preout from AVR to SVS LFW input through Amazon Basics subwoofer cable.
I feel a very low/feeble bass and most of the low freq/bass I see is produced from FL/FR, sub is not able to add much. After playing some time subwoofer light goes from blue to red(I think goes in standby). My AVR Sub output is configured as LFE Only.

I ran Audessey setup too and I can see in 'Info' that my setup is a 2.1 setup.

Dont see what is wrong in my setup. Can you please help? Also any useful play source I can play to test Bass, Netflix/Amazon Prime some movie where I can see bass in action.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Hi Members,

Need your help in correcting my setup of Subwoofer.

I have Marantz NR 1609 + Dynaudio Emit M20(FL/FR) + SVS PB 2000 Sub.

SVS PB 2000 I purchased just now a pre-owned unit and is in working condition..

However when I am plugging in, I really dont feel any difference. I have connected Sub 1 preout from AVR to SVS LFW input through Amazon Basics subwoofer cable.
I feel a very low/feeble bass and most of the low freq/bass I see is produced from FL/FR, sub is not able to add much. After playing some time subwoofer light goes from blue to red(I think goes in standby). My AVR Sub output is configured as LFE Only.

I ran Audessey setup too and I can see in 'Info' that my setup is a 2.1 setup.

Dont see what is wrong in my setup. Can you please help? Also any useful play source I can play to test Bass, Netflix/Amazon Prime some movie where I can see bass in action.

Please provide your valuable inputs.
During play back if the sub goes to standby then chances are it’s not getting the LFE signal or May be issue with the sub cable. What is your source for playing Netflix?

During play back if the sub goes to standby then chances are it’s not getting the LFE signal or May be issue with the sub cable. What is your source for playing Netflix?
It is airtel Xstream set top box brother, while in info it shows that avr is outputting to sub too

It is airtel Xstream set top box brother, while in info it shows that avr is outputting to sub too
Ok based on what u say I suspect something between the sub and cable is broken. Do you have additional sub cable to test? And also is it a 2.1 set up? Try playing a 5.1 content from Netflix and check if this happens

Ok based on what u say I suspect something between the sub and cable is broken. Do you have additional sub cable to test? And also is it a 2.1 set up? Try playing a 5.1 content from Netflix and check if this happens
Okay let me try with a diff cable, don't have it though.

Try a Y subwoofer cable. It helped in my case when I had the PB 2000, for a louder output. I did not have the subwoofer gong to red mode, but it looks like your sub is most likely receiving a very weak signal from the AVR.

Back