Symphonic Line RG 14 Edition Integrated Amp and Ascendos C-8-C

Panditji> Thanks as a matter if fact i go towards Palwal sometimes, and Vrindavan ji once in a while, will let you know if i head that side, which is probably once a year.

I'm a new bird with the sky here, and am open to all kind of music to find out what i really like, as told by a friend in Singapore while shopping for the stuff, "You don't really know what you like yet, cos you haven't heard it all, listen then decide for yourself".

I agree with you, the css were quiet old and though i wanted to pick up some German Piano Collection to just try them out, but collection was very limited.

Nikhil, Koushik & Sameer Kumar> Thanks brothers

Dheerajin> Thx bro, I'll check Line magnetic Cd player, I'll try finding it in Singapore again as I'm heading on 30th this month, thats where i plan to pick up some Digitally mastered audio Cds.

Naturelover> Trigon CD you suggested, thx again, I'll just look it up

Two Questions:
1. By the way any inputs on a Tube Cd players, got to hear some Tube Cd player at Singapore last time, any difference in quality etc

2. Anybody knows here a good place to buy CDS from within India or abroad or Online, where we can order in bulk like 10-15 together and get to pay shipping for them together as a whole, saving us shipping cost on each Cds like on Amazon and Ebay.co.uk.
I heard the music from some Japanese Digitally mastered CDs in Singapore on another system, they sounded awesome, and i presume it was good cd quality also as a factor in addition to the whole system.

Just search for Japan CD on ebay. You'll find tonnes of japanese pressings.

As for Tube CD players, look at AMR, Audio Note, Ayon. They are the best sounding sources I've heard.

2. Anybody knows here a good place to buy CDS from within India or abroad or Online, where we can order in bulk like 10-15 together and get to pay shipping for them together as a whole, saving us shipping cost on each Cds like on Amazon and Ebay.co.uk.
I heard the music from some Japanese Digitally mastered CDs in Singapore on another system, they sounded awesome, and i presume it was good cd quality also as a factor in addition to the whole system.

I buy fairly regularly from elusivedisc.com. I've bought both CDs and LPs from there. They ship fast enough, and I've never had customs issues. I too buy many at a time and that does bring the shipping costs down. They also pack the CDs very well (sometimes double boxed) and I've not had a single case of even the jewel case breaking.

They have a 10% sale quite often 40 and I'd suggest that you wait for that and save some cash. If you go register with them, you'll get email notifications of the discounts.

How come no customs issues? Do they ship by courier?
I always choose USPS Priority as the shipping option. It is not a particularly fast mode, but it has been safe enough. Once in India, the packet gets delivered by India Post. The packets always pass through customs. But for some inexplicable reason, the packets always escape duty. I've never been charged.

Dear Friends, i love you all, it's me that takes time to check my posts due to busy schedules, but every time i open my posts i always see so many replies already given that explains colleagues here are kind enough to help and it touches me.

Reignofchaos> Thanks i"ll try Ebay for Japanese cds, I just returned from Singapore last night i saw some cds had written XRCD, and the shop owner told me, its useful only if u have a cd player that supports Xrcd formats, so now i have a new task of finding a cd player which can support this, I am sure this makes a lot of difference, but any feedbacks will be appreciated for my next buy of a cd player.

Hydra> Thanks for your kind info brother, i"ll get right on to the job.

Olly42> Thanks,

By the way a little offtrack from the Topic here,

I was keen on buying a Tube Amp after listening to one at a friends place, so bought one with Tubes 845 yday with mono block power amplifier and a Pre amplifier of 20 watts.

Attachments

• 20141001_105146-1.jpg
    20141001_105146-1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 70
I just returned from Singapore last night i saw some cds had written XRCD, and the shop owner told me, its useful only if u have a cd player that supports Xrcd formats, so now i have a new task of finding a cd player which can support this, I am sure this makes a lot of difference, but any feedbacks will be appreciated for my next buy of a cd player.

Pawan, that is wrong information. XRCD is a mastering process not a format. A XRCD will play on any player which plays regular cd's. Usually most XRCD's sound significantly better than the regular counterparts and there is a permium in price for this. Absolute phase in Bangalore deals in XRCD's - not sure of which recording label though.
Cheers,
Sid

Reignofchaos> Thanks i"ll try Ebay for Japanese cds, I just returned from Singapore last night i saw some cds had written XRCD, and the shop owner told me, its useful only if u have a cd player that supports Xrcd formats, so now i have a new task of finding a cd player which can support this, I am sure this makes a lot of difference, but any feedbacks will be appreciated for my next buy of a cd player.

I think the shopkeeper gave wrong info to you. XRCD is a JVC patented manufacturing process whch is supposed to be superior to normal CD manufacturing. The disc will play on any CD player.

Extended Resolution Compact Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think he mistook XRCD for SACD or HDCD which requires specialized hardware to read the additional encoded information. However both of these will play on normal CD players too just that the audio quality won't be as good as when it is played on an SACD or HDCD player.

I think he mistook XRCD for SACD or HDCD which requires specialized hardware to read the additional encoded information. However both of these will play on normal CD players too just that the audio quality won't be as good as when it is played on an SACD or HDCD player.

Not all SACD's will play on regular players-unless it has the CD layer. It will be indicated on the rear cover if the SACD is compatible with Cd players. For instance, I have a Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" SACD which clearly states on the rear cover that it will work only with SACD players So one has to double check before buying a SACD, but anyways as you said it defeats the purpose if one is going to use a CD player for SACD as SQ benefits won't be realized.
Cheers,
Sid

Not all SACD's will play on regular players-unless it has the CD layer. It will be indicated on the rear cover if the SACD is compatible with Cd players. For instance, I have a Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" SACD which clearly states on the rear cover that it will work only with SACD players So one has to double check before buying a SACD, but anyways as you said it defeats the purpose if one is going to use a CD player for SACD as SQ benefits won't be realized.
Cheers,
Sid

Was not aware of that. Pretty much every sacd I've come across has had a cd layer. Thanks for the update.

Sidvee> Thanks for updating

Reignofchaos> You are right each CD was around 2500/- so i decided to do a little bit of reading before i buy those, though i plan to buy some after the hardware, and for the kind of music i like, Thx

Prem> Does it mean previous Sony SACD format will not run on nirmal cd player

Yes Pawan. They will not play on a normal CD player. You have to be very careful when you buy a Sony SACD. Always check if it can play on a cd player

Regarding review of my new speakers Raga Refrence

Hi,
I am delighted and couldnot stop myself from posting the review of my new speakers i.e Raga Refrence .These are basically two way system in which the drivers are perfectly integrated time aligened.The speakers are absolutely fantastic and musical as if the dream comes true and I can say they are as if dream for the vinyl lovers.I thank Mr.Suman Jana who has guided and helped in implementation who is also a member of this forum.I can say its the optimum utilisation of science and technology known till date.Thanks to Suman Sir once again for the knowledge he shared.One more thing I forgot to mention both the drivers are perfectly time aligned it appears to be full range creating an illusion of perfect soundstage.

There are a few types of SACD

Hybrid SACD - It has two Layers one of normal Redbook CD and the other one for or two channel DSD layer.

Single Layer : Contains a layer of DSD data won't play in all CD players

Dual layer : Contains two layers of DSD data contains two channel and multichannel information. Needs an SACD player.

SHM-SACD : Super High Material SACD generally and always produced in Japan. Considered to be the best form of SACD & more expensive than normal editions. Plays only on SACD players.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back