System Update from Hong Kong or any other PSN site.

akasmarty2003

hi everybody! need a little help here i want to update my indian bought PS3 with version 3.50 in order to play 3d bluray movies on my Panasonic 3d plasma currently my PS3 320gb has 3.40 version which i think do not support bluray 3d playback the indian psn site has version 3.41 (i'm not sure what its meant for). now the Hong Kong psn site has the latest update version 3.50 (link: System Update :: Support :: PlayStation Asia - Hong Kong) can i update my ps3 with the same? will it cause any problem? please reply asap. thanks

There shouldn't be any problem doing so. My PS3 was bought in the UK and I tend to download from which ever PS3 is faster. Also try and download the update to your PC rather than downloading it direct to your PS3. The latest firmware on the India PS3 site will be very old.

The best option, is just to connect your PS3 to the net, and go to System Update from your settings menu. It will update to the latest firmware. I've had no problems so far directly downloading the update to the PS3. I feel it is better than updating via a PC.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back