Taga harmony 607 vs POLK Signature Speakers Any match ?

manofx

Hi guys, I find a deal for 607 for 42k .. the price is really pleasing me compared to POLK Signature setup which is costing me 2 lakh almost

is the quality of TAGA any match to POLK ?

Please share your honest opinion :)

Hi guys, I find a deal for 607 for 42k .. the price is really pleasing me compared to POLK Signature setup which is costing me 2 lakh almost

Hi,

Around 2 years back, i had demo Polk Signature series setup [S20 as front L+R, S30 as center, S10 as rears, OWM as heights with Polk HTS12 sub] combined with Yamaha 7.2 AVR in a showroom. I was totally blown off and impressed with the aggressiveness of the sound. I liked the dynamic, bright and tight sound of the entire setup.
After coming back to home, i immediately played the same movie clips in the same atmos codec in my taga 606 v3 setup. I was little disappointed. That punch was missing [can't define in exact words]. I know that my room is not soundproof treated, but even then there was difference of 15/20 in both the setup.
This is the closest i can differentiate between the setup. Polk signature series is much better compared to Taga. If you are inclined towards movies, then instead of Polk towers; you can go for polk bookshelf speakers and subwoofer.

Not sure about Taga but Polk Signature has a bright (metallic) kind of sound signature and the Polk RTI series has a warmer sound signature. Hope it helps.

As rightly mentioned, Polk signature series has bright, ear piercing sound. In acoustically treated room you can still get away with them, but in case you are planning to put them in your living room, they will cause ear fatigue very soon. Haven't auditioned Taga, so cannot help with the comparison

Hi,

Around 2 years back, i had demo Polk Signature series setup [S20 as front L+R, S30 as center, S10 as rears, OWM as heights with Polk HTS12 sub] combined with Yamaha 7.2 AVR in a showroom. I was totally blown off and impressed with the aggressiveness of the sound. I liked the dynamic, bright and tight sound of the entire setup.
After coming back to home, i immediately played the same movie clips in the same atmos codec in my taga 606 v3 setup. I was little disappointed. That punch was missing [can't define in exact words]. I know that my room is not soundproof treated, but even then there was difference of 15/20 in both the setup.
This is the closest i can differentiate between the setup. Polk signature series is much better compared to Taga. If you are inclined towards movies, then instead of Polk towers; you can go for polk bookshelf speakers and subwoofer.
Which AV do you suggest for the POLK Signature series bro ? I been confused between Yamaha and Denon

Last edited:
Not sure about Taga but Polk Signature has a bright (metallic) kind of sound signature and the Polk RTI series has a warmer sound signature. Hope it helps.
HI , Which AV can give best output for POLK ?
As rightly mentioned, Polk signature series has bright, ear piercing sound. In acoustically treated room you can still get away with them, but in case you are planning to put them in your living room, they will cause ear fatigue very soon. Haven't auditioned Taga, so cannot help with the comparison
HI , Which AV can give best output for POLK ?

For polk Marantz and denon are recommended
Some people suggesting yamaha .. I been very confused haha ;)

How easy is to configure denon bro ? I heard Yamaha have mobile app where we can control everything from phone .. does denon have such an app ?

Some people suggesting yamaha .. I been very confused haha ;)

How easy is to configure denon bro ? I heard Yamaha have mobile app where we can control everything from phone .. does denon have such an app ?
Denon and Marantz have Audessy Audio calibration and Yamaha has their proprietary calibration tool. Yamaha offers more ports for less money. Resel value for denon will be higher than Yamaha. When I was looking for AVR I had Pioneer, Yamaha and Denon in mind and went for Denon. Thumb rule is decide speakers first and based on the speaker requirements choose AVR.

Which AV do you suggest for the POLK Signature series bro ? I been confused between Yamaha and Denon
Both are good. Most of the members have Denon + Polk combo. You can go ahead with Denon AVR, to play safe.
Some forum members had suggested that yamaha is good for both music and movies, whereas Denon is better for movies compared to music.
Denon has high resale value than Yamaha. So, in the end; it depends upon your taste.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back