Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Hello elango! Just wanted to check is it worth upgrading my speakers from Taga 506v2 to 606SE? will go well with my Pioneer Vsx531?

Don't think you would stand to benefit by upgrading from TAV series to an other TAV series.. But Taga Harmony Platinum series would be an upgrade to your existing TAV speakers..

Don't think you would stand to benefit by upgrading from TAV series to an other TAV series.. But Taga Harmony Platinum series would be an upgrade to your existing TAV speakers..
Yes for sure the Platinum series would be, but in comparison to the drivers and speaker sensitivity between 506 & 606SE especially the front and the rear/surround speakers i see some difference in specs hence wanted to check, with out spending more from my pocket for now, will there be any improvement in the quality of sound and out put for my AVR to drive the speakers @ ease!

Yes for sure the Platinum series would be, but in comparison to the drivers and speaker sensitivity between 506 & 606SE especially the front and the rear/surround speakers i see some difference in specs hence wanted to check, with out spending more from my pocket for now, will there be any improvement in the quality of sound and out put for my AVR to drive the speakers @ ease!

The gain in the SPL seems 2 dB for Front and rear, which should ease the AVR, but may not be of an improvement since it is from the same series..

The gain in the SPL seems 2 dB for Front and rear, which should ease the AVR, but may not be of an improvement since it is from the same series..
Mmm.... ok, i have one more speaker in mind, how about Tav-616f and Platinum f-60sl among these two which one you think will be an better choice?

I checked out both and 606SE sounds definitely better than 506. But cant say it is worth the upgrade if you already have 506.

Mmm.... ok, i have one more speaker in mind, how about Tav-616f and Platinum f-60sl among these two which one you think will be an better choice?

Platinum F 60 SL, would be a better upgrade IMO..

I recollect you upgraded your sub recently.. May be you can add 2nd sub.. Good addition will make solid lows..

Platinum F 60 SL, would be a better upgrade IMO..

I recollect you upgraded your sub recently.. May be you can add 2nd sub.. Good addition will make solid lows..
My concern is adding an 2nd sub should not end up sounding more booming instead the speakers also should match well with the sub, so that i could get the details as well along with the bass, also feel my rear/surround speakers are not that great even after manually setting the SPL,
The other concern was Platinum F60SL has only 4" midrange driver wherein 606se/616f has 6.5" bass drivers as well at times when i listen to music i don't turn on the sub i would just listen from the front towers alone in stereo, will platinum f60sl will provide enough bass as well for the music or else should i keep the sub on when ever i listen?

My concern is adding an 2nd sub should not end up sounding more booming instead the speakers also should match well with the sub, so that i could get the details as well along with the bass, also feel my rear/surround speakers are not that great even after manually setting the SPL,
The other concern was Platinum F60SL has only 4" midrange driver wherein 606se/616f has 6.5" bass drivers as well at times when i listen to music i don't turn on the sub i would just listen from the front towers alone in stereo, will platinum f60sl will provide enough bass as well for the music or else should i keep the sub on when ever i listen?

Subs help for solid lows (between 20 - 80Hz), be it for movies (or) music.. Any FS (or) even BS will reproduce the remaining freq (> 80hz)..

If you are not happy with surrounds, upgrade the fronts (L,C,R) and move your existing FS as surrounds (if you can place them)..

Subs help for solid lows (between 20 - 80Hz), be it for movies (or) music.. Any FS (or) even BS will reproduce the remaining freq (> 80hz)..

If you are not happy with surrounds, upgrade the fronts (L,C,R) and move your existing FS as surrounds (if you can place them)..
there is not much space in my room to shift the FS to back unless i hang them on to the wall :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back