Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

kindly help with in setup of tav 806s floor standings + 806 s surrounds and tav 806 centre as 7.1 setup with onkyo 656 amplifier what settings and crossover which should manually work for my calibration as i dont beleive in auto callibration

kindly help with in setup of tav 806s floor standings + 806 s surrounds and tav 806 centre as 7.1 setup with onkyo 656 amplifier what settings and crossover which should manually work for my calibration as i dont beleive in auto callibration

Best is to run the auto calibration & then tweak it, if necessary..

- Onkyo has Accu EQ calibration.. Run this, as this will set the speaker level and distance w.r.t your listening position..
- Use your smart phone, download SPL meter app & measure each speaker level from your main listening position.. Make sure it measures atleast 75 db SPL.. If it is more leave it, if it less than 75, increase it to match other speaker level..
- Set the sub-woofer as NO and run the calibration..
- Set the 806 FS, Fronts to Full range (or) Full band in your AVR..
- For the rest of the connected speaker, change the crossover to 80/100 Hz..

Thanks for reply but it dosent have any bands option as i know will post pictures inside menu then kindly tell me

Hi i have purchased sw10 subwoofer just now using it with my tav 806 7.1 system but what i am feeling is with the sub a dissorting or crackling in low pass can you tell me the settings on the back of the sub from the knob phase crossover what level to keep i have onkyo 656 amp is the subwoofer faulty i am very confused and iiritated please help

Thanks for reply but it dosent have any bands option as i know will post pictures inside menu then kindly tell me

Anyways, now you have SW, set the fronts to "Small" with 80 Hz crossover..

Hi i have purchased sw10 subwoofer just now using it with my tav 806 7.1 system but what i am feeling is with the sub a dissorting or crackling in low pass can you tell me the settings on the back of the sub from the knob phase crossover what level to keep i have onkyo 656 amp is the subwoofer faulty i am very confused and iiritated please help

Keep the Phase on the sub to '0'. Keep the crossover on the sub to full, which i think is '200 Hz'.. Use the crossover in your AVR..

Just run the room acoustics correction software in your AVR and leave the settings on default for sometime. Note these settings and tamper them later if you don't get a desired output.
I leave the crossover at 100hz on sub and 80 on AVR. I use Lfe +Main though.

@elangoas I tried the 2 in 1 option of using both inputs of Taga SW. It increases the bass response significantly, though not qualitatively but quantitatively ; so it became hell lot boomy. Earlier I use to keep the Sub volume at 50 - 55% now hardly 35-40 %.
The Audessey used to suggest a sub level of - 10dB earlier, now it's - 12dB. Nevertheless it is a very useful technique to improvise your sub output if you feel it lacks the thump. Thanks for sharing.

@elangoas I tried the 2 in 1 option of using both inputs of Taga SW. It increases the bass response significantly, though not qualitatively but quantitatively ; so it became hell lot boomy. Earlier I use to keep the Sub volume at 50 - 55% now hardly 35-40 %.
The Audessey used to suggest a sub level of - 10dB earlier, now it's - 12dB. Nevertheless it is a very useful technique to improvise your sub output if you feel it lacks the thump. Thanks for sharing.

Ok.. W.r.t volume on the sub, Almost same observation..

I had this nagging issue of weird noise on the sub when i was running since RCA to RCA.. So couldn't observe the differnce much..

But during Audyssey calibration, there is a small box on OSD that displays the SPL of the subwoofer's.. Anyways, i need to recalibrate again to check the Audyssey results before & after correcction.. Will try to observe if single RCA Vs Dual RCA improves the output by +3db..

I guess am running +9db gain on the sub.. +3db output when you use dual subs, +3db when using dual RCA on a single sub.. So totally +9db..

Anyways, now you have SW, set the fronts to "Small" with 80 Hz crossover..

Keep the Phase on the sub to '0'. Keep the crossover on the sub to full, which i think is '200 Hz'.. Use the crossover in your AVR..

I got the SW-10 today and yet to set it up. I would try the process suggested above. I also want to understand how is this better than having the front floor stand speakers as large, with 80 Hz crossover in both the AVR and sub?

If I want to set the crossover to 80Hz on the sub how do I do it? The min. and max. is marked in numbers i.e. 30 and 200 but how do i set it to exactly 80?

I got the SW-10 today and yet to set it up. I would try the process suggested above. I also want to understand how is this better than having the front floor stand speakers as large, with 80 Hz crossover in both the AVR and sub?

If I want to set the crossover to 80Hz on the sub how do I do it? The min. and max. is marked in numbers i.e. 30 and 200 but how do i set it to exactly 80?

The crossover on the sub is to be used when using amplifiers that don't have bass management.. Your AVR has it (internally)..

Keep the crossover on the subwoofer to max i.e. 200 Hz.. Usually Large Fronts means, it is capable of handling lower than 80 Hz.. Don't think you can set the fronts to Large & set crossover to sub at 80 Hz..

Set the fronts as small and set crossover to sub at 80 Hz in the AVR..

Dolby, DTSx & Atmos are basically algorithms to handle the spatial nature of the sound, where in each driver is specified to handle certain parts of the overall sound experience. By setting any speaker to Large, you're changing the set of sound it is supposed to reproduce and there by your overall experience may be altered. If the receiver sets the front speakers to Large it is more likely to be correct, whereas a user setting may not be well balanced. Ultimately it is you who needs to be satisfied with the overall experience. Do experiment with all the possible settings and decide the one that suits you.

I keep the Taga SW 10 crossover to <115hz by a rough calculation that 115hz (200-30=170,/2=85,+30=115hz)will be at 12 o'clock position. The crossover setting either on receiver or Subwoofer is not very precise or absolute demarcation and I've observed imperfections. That's why I match the crossover settings on AVR and subwoofer. I occasionally use my stereo amp without an inbuilt crossover setting as well.

I keep the Taga SW 10 crossover to <115hz by a rough calculation that 115hz (200-30=170,/2=85,+30=115hz)will be at 12 o'clock position.

Thatz a big BODMAS calc :eek:hyeah:

Also, 200 + 30 = 230, /2 = 115

The crossover setting either on receiver or Subwoofer is not very precise or absolute demarcation and I've observed imperfections.

Agreed that crossover on the subwoofer can only be approx, but why do you say it isn't precise on AVR?

That's why I match the crossover settings on AVR and subwoofer. I occasionally use my stereo amp without an inbuilt crossover setting as well.

If you have an AVR, there isn't a necessity to use the crossover on the subwoofer..

Sir for my 550 sq feet ht room i want to add second subwoofer i already have sw10 taga harmony will tsw200 a good choice also we should use y cable with left right input or should use only single subwoofer cable

After trying Taga TSW-90 Subwoofer and pretty satisfied with its performance, ordered Taga Harmony Platinum S-100 Surround speakers and installed yesterday. Pretty satisfied again!:lol::lol:

@ AMD20

The TSW 200 is a good choice...audition if possible with your kind of music and typical movie types...

Better to use a shielded subwoofer cable....Y cables also work..all depends on what connections are possible between the AVR and subs

After trying Taga TSW-90 Subwoofer and pretty satisfied with its performance, ordered Taga Harmony Platinum S-100 Surround speakers and installed yesterday. Pretty satisfied again!:lol::lol:

Is this bipole or dipole speakers and what is your mounting position ( side or rear)?

I have kept it as Surround Left and Surround Right speakers placed at a height of around 4 feet (Sofa Height). Rear speakers are bookshelf speakers and are sufficient in my case.

I dont know how everybody praises sw10 taga harmony but i cant get the thump from it even at same location my previous 130 watt downfiring onkyo htb was working better tried so many setting so many help from forum visited service centre also but nothing changed god knows what has happened

I dont know how everybody praises sw10 taga harmony but i cant get the thump from it even at same location my previous 130 watt downfiring onkyo htb was working better tried so many setting so many help from forum visited service centre also but nothing changed god knows what has happened

i have replied to you in the SW10 thread.

Hi all, I have bought TAV 606 SE recently. I am not happy bass from the speakers. As it had not come with sub woofer, I am looking to add a sub woofer to it. Budget is under 25k. Please suggest me a compatible sub for taga harmony. My living room size is 18*12.

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back