Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Hi all, I have bought TAV 606 SE recently. I am not happy bass from the speakers. As it had not come with sub woofer, I am looking to add a sub woofer to it. Budget is under 25k. Please suggest me a compatible sub for taga harmony. My living room size is 18*12.

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk
Forgot to mention amp is Pioneer Vsx-531 650w.

Bought Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2, to pair with Marantz SR6010 (and Wharfedale Diamond 225s & 220C). Sounds great for movies and OK for music.

Planning to buy taga azure f-100 v.2. Primarily for movies and music.
Kindly share the experience of taga azure if anyone using it.

I have Yamaha rx v677 receiver.

i want to know if anyone own Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE Special Edition and hoz the performance and what the difference from Taga Harmony TAV-606 v3. which one should i get

Forgot to mention amp is Pioneer Vsx-531 650w.

You may consider Taga tsw-200, it has 12" driver and 650w at peak. Other alternative is sw10 v2. 10" driver to match with your existing speakers. Price may have 2k difference.

Hello,

Does anyone owns Taga TSW-120 Sub? I will like to know about its performance. I am considering to buy and pair it with Yamaha RXV-481 along with Boston A26 bookshelves in my living room having dimensions of 18x10.

Thanks
Amit Nigam

Hello,

Does anyone owns Taga TSW-120 Sub? I will like to know about its performance. I am considering to buy and pair it with Yamaha RXV-481 along with Boston A26 bookshelves in my living room having dimensions of 18x10.

Thanks
Amit Nigam

i got the taga sw10 v2 sub since a while now, tbh all the 20hz claim is all balls :eek:hyeah: build quality is so so, my speaker grill was cracked or got cracked & never notice it, god knows but the dealer says it can crack when you remove & put it on often lol. My Jamo 9 year speakers have better quality speaker grills, its an ok sub for 23-24k price it was selling earrlier but now with the increased price after gst i would stay away with a barge pole, go for anyother subwoofer brand if you can.

Cheers.

build quality is so so, my speaker grill was cracked or got cracked & never notice it, god knows but the dealer says it can crack when you remove & put it on often lol.

If you are sure it was cracked grille when you received it and the dealer refusing for any help, i would suggest you to write to "[email protected]" with the issue, a copy of the bill & pic of cracked grill and request for a new one (free of cost).. They might request the dealer to issue a new one..

I have sent few queries to the support team, and there response has been exceptional all the time.. Juz my experience..

If you are sure it was cracked grille when you received it and the dealer refusing for any help, i would suggest you to write to "[email protected]" with the issue, a copy of the bill & pic of cracked grill and request for a new one (free of cost).. They might request the dealer to issue a new one..

I have sent few queries to the support team, and there response has been exceptional all the time.. Juz my experience..

thanks for the info, will contact them shortly.

Cheers.

]-My room is a medium size 550 sq feet dedicated HT ROOM
-I have placed the sub near the couch also i have tried other places corner wall near the fronts etc but no response
-my listening position from sub is 7-8 feet
-the sub settings after callibaratin was +2
-voloume knob 60-70 percent phase zero crossover 11 o clock position tried 12 o clock also and other positions also i tried
- I had croosover in AVR for sub set to 120 by aacu callib tried 80 90 100 also mannualy but couldnt get bass
ALSO a important think i want to mention in same place same position I was using a ONKYO 3500 HT IN A BOX system earlier for temporary base but used to get a proper bass also the sub was just passive

After trying Taga TSW-90 Subwoofer and pretty satisfied with its performance, ordered Taga Harmony Platinum S-100 Surround speakers and installed yesterday. Pretty satisfied again!:lol::lol:
At what price you bought Taga TSW-90 and from where? What is your room size and how is the bass reproduction?

Sorry coolguy, I meant Taga Platinum SW-10 it was an inadvertent error, I regret.
It's ok by the way is there anyone who bought Taga TSW 90 or Taga TSW 120 after GST. The prices are hiking with 28% GST. Would be happy if the owners of these subs pour their suggestions and experiences.

It's ok by the way is there anyone who bought Taga TSW 90 or Taga TSW 120 after GST. The prices are hiking with 28% GST. Would be happy if the owners of these subs pour their suggestions and experiences.

i got the sw10 for ard 24k before gst, for that price its worth it, not a penny more if you ask me as it has alot of quality issues, few memebers here had issues with electrical sound & they had to take their new subs for getting the capacitor replaced, the subwoofer cone finish is terrible as i had posted in the sw10 impression thread, also got a damaged dust grill which the dealer is saying i did it lol, basically would i buy this subwoofer for 24k again? MAYBE, will i buy it for 24k plus "Never", Hope this helps you in deciding. You can also put few thousands more & buy from a reputed brand. Also their claims for going as low as 20hz is all ball talks.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I think this is the 2 / 3rd post you saying that the sub is not hitting 20hz :) .. Anyways, how do you say it is not doing a low 20Hz ?

i dont feel it goes so low even in movies that are rated 25hz, did r&d online & they say no way in hell a 10" driver can go that low, i guess only tagas can lol, have you tried some bluray movies that go so low?

Cheers.

i dont feel it goes so low even in movies that are rated 25hz, did r&d online & they say no way in hell a 10" driver can go that low, i guess only tagas can lol, have you tried some bluray movies that go so low? Cheers.

If Taga can go that low, shouldn't we be the happiest ;)

When i was considering Taga sub Sw-10, i too was influenced by specs partly :eek:hyeah:, price was deciding factor.. So got them..

When i was trying different placement options, came across lot of articles/posts which emphasized more on "Smooth/Flatter bass response", i understood chasing "only" the lowest freq response was not good idea..

The sub does 20Hz, but roughly at -12db..This is thru Audyssey Multi EQ measurement app from mobile..Image for reference only..
23a38e8d5bf933261d7005eea9e4665b.jpg

We can measure the actual response of the sub thru REW and move around for better response..

Last edited:
If Taga can go that low, shouldn't we be the happiest ;)

When i was considering Taga sub Sw-10, i too was influenced by specs partly :eek:hyeah:, price was deciding factor.. So got them..

When i was trying different placement options, came across lot of articles/posts which emphasized more on "Smooth/Flatter bass response", i understood chasing "only" the lowest freq response was not good idea..

The sub does 20Hz, but roughly at -12db..This is thru Audyssey Multi EQ measurement app from mobile..Image for reference only..
23a38e8d5bf933261d7005eea9e4665b.jpg

We can measure the actual response of the sub thru REW and move around for better response..

thats interesting, so it goes lower then 30hz for sure? its a nice sub just not impressed with the built quality. Is it good to place the subwoofer near the front speakers in the corner of a room facing you? is it good to have a front firing woofer facing the listening area?

Thanks.

thats interesting, so it goes lower then 30hz for sure?its a nice sub just not impressed with the built quality.

Yes.. We can check that with in-room measurements..

Is it good to place the subwoofer near the front speakers in the corner of a room facing you? is it good to have a front firing woofer facing the listening area? Thanks.

Placement dictates the performance of the sub.. No guide line to say which placement would be best for a single sub.. But try moving along the front stage of the room and see where you feel it is better..

BTW, Taga Platinum SW 10v.2 is a Transmission line subwoofer..

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back