Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

elangoas

Hi All,

I think there are lot of forum members who own Taga Harmony products, which are discussed in various threads..

Let's have this thread collectively to share inputs on Taga Harmony products, price, availability and service..

I own Platinum sub SW-10 v.2 (dual), purchased from hifimart for 24.5K each.. Have issue with one of the subs, making weird noise.. Checked with hifimart on the service center in Chennai.. Need to get it fixed..

Apart from the small issue, very happy with the sub..

@ elangoas,

the weird sound could be grounding issue or dry solder..interchange sub cables and check again....check also electric points....

@ elangoas,

the weird sound could be grounding issue or dry solder..interchange sub cables and check again....check also electric points....

Not sure if it is grounding issue.. I have two subs, so swapped position, changed cables, but the faint noise seem to come from that sub alone irrespective of swapping switch boards and cables.. So some other issue.. Blown / leaky capacitor ?

Could be possible as an outcome of courier handling....obviously if under warranty get it checked / replaced soon.....

Could be possible as an outcome of courier handling....obviously if under warranty get it checked / replaced soon.....

Have spoke to Chennai authorised service center.. Need to get it to them.. carrying around is an issue.. Will check & if necessary ask for a replacement..

Hi All,

I think there are lot of forum members who own Taga Harmony products, which are discussed in various threads..

Let's have this thread collectively to share inputs on Taga Harmony products, price, availability and service..

I own Platinum sub SW-10 v.2 (dual), purchased from hifimart for 24.5K each.. Have issue with one of the subs, making weird noise.. Checked with hifimart on the service center in Chennai.. Need to get it fixed..

Apart from the small issue, very happy with the sub..

What kind of weird noise, can you explain, when connected and playing or only after connection?
Hopefully its not making any noise while playing, I think.
Change amp to your Q5 pro and see whether the issue remains same?

I have a SW 10 as well, though it's not as powerful as the klipsch or jamo I owned but it's more than adequate for my current listening room with pronounced boom. I never keep it more than 60% of the volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of weird noise, can you explain, when connected and playing or only after connection?

It is not a hum noise.. But i suspect faulty electronics inside.. The moment the sub is switched on, it starts with faint noise even before i switch on the AVR.. It stays for a while..

Hopefully its not making any noise while playing, I think.
Change amp to your Q5 pro and see whether the issue remains same?

Yup.. It plays the noise when movie (or) music is played, it noise amplifies a lil.. Would have been handy to have Q5 Pro to check the issue, but sold it to my friend..

I have a SW 10 as well, though it's not as powerful as the klipsch or jamo I owned but it's more than adequate for my current listening room with pronounced boom. I never keep it more than 60% of the volume.

Yes.. It doesn't rattle the furniture.. But is very good..I have kept it to 40% of volume on both subs, also use Y cable and have connected it to both RCA inputs on the sub after reading this article - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...se-y-adapter-just-single-cable-subwoofer.html

The faint noise could be ground loop issue which sometimes happens....i read about this on google......

It is not a hum noise.. But i suspect faulty electronics inside.. The moment the sub is switched on, it starts with faint noise even before i switch on the AVR.. It stays for a while..

Yup.. It plays the noise when movie (or) music is played, it noise amplifies a lil.. Would have been handy to have Q5 Pro to check the issue, but sold it to my friend..

Yes.. It doesn't rattle the furniture.. But is very good..I have kept it to 40% of volume on both subs, also use Y cable and have connected it to both RCA inputs on the sub after reading this article - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...se-y-adapter-just-single-cable-subwoofer.html

Looks like a ground loop, use a three way connector instead of the two way power cord that comes with it ( if I remember correctly).

Why Y connection? When X3300 has two sub outs? Can just post a picture? Check the cables, any free ends of Y touching Amp chassis?

I somehow have a feeling the Y cable is the culprit

Proper shielded subwoofer cables will not cause this at all.......when i auditioned the TSW 10 at M Z Audio, a normal shielded subwoofer cable (single) was used.

Looks like a ground loop, use a three way connector instead of the two way power cord that comes with it ( if I remember correctly).

The subwoofer has only 2 pins.. Even if i use a 3 way power cord, would that help ?

Why Y connection? When X3300 has two sub outs?

Courtesy - AVsforum : -

Here is a nice explanation for using a Y adapter from the Bluray forum:

Using a Y adapter on most, but not all, subwoofers will increase the sound level from 3 to 6 db.

Aperion Audio Subwoofer Y Cable
"Why, oh why do you need a subwoofer Y cable? Most AV receivers come with a single sub output while most powered subwoofers come equipped with left & right inputs. By using a subwoofer Y cable for both the left and right subwoofer input, you can increase the bass output of your subwoofer by about 3dB."

HDMI cable for home theater and high-performace audio video cables.
"Attach this cable to an existing subwoofer cable to split the signal into two inputs.
Instantly improves your home theater or home audio experience.
Many subwoofers have increased clarity and bass response when both inputs are fed with a mono signal."

Wye Y Cable
"Typically, powered subwoofers will come equipped with either a single RCA connector, or double RCA connectors. However, both connections typically only require a mono (single) connection. Therefore, if you have both right and left inputs, a single cable connected to the "left" input will probably work just fine. However, you can get anywhere from a 3dB to 10 dB gain from your subwoofer by plugging into both stereo inputs. To plug into both inputs with a single cable, simply purchase our Y adapter Cable along with your subwoofer cable." This is the science behind it:

There are two formulas used to find the db ratio between sound levels.

The first is used ONLY FOR POWER (watts): 10 . log (P2/P1). This formula is used when comparing Sound Intensity, measured in watts.

The second is used ONLY FOR VOLTAGES (and SPL levels): 20 . log (V2/V1). This formula is for voltage relationships and Sound Pressure Levels.

Using a Y adapter will add two correlated signals. When you sum two equal correlated audio signals (i.e., mono sources from sub output on the receiver/preamp), you will get twice the signal level (A1 + A2 = 2A1, since A1=A2).

Therefore , since V2 = 2 V1 and the log (2) = 0.30103, it follows

20 . log (2V1/V1) = 20 . log (2) = 6dB gain in voltage.

For power, it will be

10. log (2P1/P1) = 10 . log (2) = 3dB increase in power.

These are a few advantages (some real and some claimed) to using a Y adapter:
If you leave one of the RCA inputs open, dirt may get in there.
Using a Y adapter may add a few dbs to the subwoofers's output.
Some claim that the subwoofer works better at lower levels with the Y-cable.
The auto-off mode of some older subwoofers (e.g, Velodyne CH-12) may not come on at lower levels without the use of a Y-cable.
Some older subwoofers may actually need a Y cable because the left channel L may not default to mono signal.
Another benefit of using a Y-cable at the sub input jacks may be for reducing the amount of Radio Frequency (RF) and Electomagnetic (EM) interference, because you are not leaving the other input open and active. Subwoofers can be affected by annoying buzzes and hums.
Conclusion: Since Y adapters cost a few dollars and there is no significant risk involved, I would recommend using a Y adapter (2 male, 1 female) at the subwoofer's RCA input jacks. Make sure you use a good quality Y adapter that is shielded. Otherwise, you may hear hum and noises.A Guide to Bass Management (Part I) - Blu-ray Forum

Can just post a picture? Check the cables, any free ends of Y touching Amp chassis?

Each sub-out of the AVR is connected to both RCA ends on the sub-woofer. Nope it isn't touching the amp chasis..

I somehow have a feeling the Y cable is the culprit

Proper shielded subwoofer cables will not cause this at all.......when i auditioned the TSW 10 at M Z Audio, a normal shielded subwoofer cable (single) was used.

51tVSh07egL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon basic cable.. Both sub's use the same cable..I really don't understand why only one sub is making all this issue, while the other sits quietly..

Just a hunch....

Possibly the ground wire is loose on the RCA board of L+R of the subplate inside and hence the possible loop....which means it needs to be checked for this....dry solder issue

Just a hunch....

Possibly the ground wire is loose on the RCA board of L+R of the subplate inside and hence the possible loop....which means it needs to be checked for this....dry solder issue

Sure.. Am taking it to the service center tomorrow.. Will update here..

KINDLY TELL FOR SUBWOOFER
Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer VS TSW-200 Active Subwoofer I AM REALLY CONFUSED AS SOME ONE IS SAYING TSW200 HAS 12 INCH DRIVER WHEREAS SW10 HAS 10 INCH DRIVER NO ONE IS ABLE TO TELL THE EXACT DIFFRENCE ALSO THE POWER RATING IN TSW200 IS MORE I AM REALLY CONFUSED KINDLY HELP ME

I have taga 606 v3 (22K) plus sw10 v2 (24K). BOth bought from Mumbai

Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer VS TSW-200 Active Subwoofer I AM REALLY CONFUSED AS SOME ONE IS SAYING TSW200 HAS 12 INCH DRIVER WHEREAS SW10 HAS 10 INCH DRIVER NO ONE IS ABLE TO TELL THE EXACT DIFFRENCE ALSO THE POWER RATING IN TSW200 IS MORE I AM REALLY CONFUSED KINDLY HELP ME

The subwoofer has only 2 pins.. Even if i use a 3 way power cord, would that help ?

Courtesy - AVsforum : -

Here is a nice explanation for using a Y adapter from the Bluray forum:

Using a Y adapter on most, but not all, subwoofers will increase the sound level from 3 to 6 db.

Aperion Audio Subwoofer Y Cable

"Why, oh why do you need a subwoofer Y cable? Most AV receivers come with a single sub output while most powered subwoofers come equipped with left & right inputs. By using a subwoofer Y cable for both the left and right subwoofer input, you can increase the bass output of your subwoofer by about 3dB."

HDMI cable for home theater and high-performace audio video cables.

"Attach this cable to an existing subwoofer cable to split the signal into two inputs.

Instantly improves your home theater or home audio experience.

Many subwoofers have increased clarity and bass response when both inputs are fed with a mono signal."

Wye Y Cable

"Typically, powered subwoofers will come equipped with either a single RCA connector, or double RCA connectors. However, both connections typically only require a mono (single) connection. Therefore, if you have both right and left inputs, a single cable connected to the "left" input will probably work just fine. However, you can get anywhere from a 3dB to 10 dB gain from your subwoofer by plugging into both stereo inputs. To plug into both inputs with a single cable, simply purchase our Y adapter Cable along with your subwoofer cable." This is the science behind it:

There are two formulas used to find the db ratio between sound levels.

The first is used ONLY FOR POWER (watts): 10 . log (P2/P1). This formula is used when comparing Sound Intensity, measured in watts.

The second is used ONLY FOR VOLTAGES (and SPL levels): 20 . log (V2/V1). This formula is for voltage relationships and Sound Pressure Levels.

Using a Y adapter will add two correlated signals. When you sum two equal correlated audio signals (i.e., mono sources from sub output on the receiver/preamp), you will get twice the signal level (A1 + A2 = 2A1, since A1=A2).

Therefore , since V2 = 2 V1 and the log (2) = 0.30103, it follows

20 . log (2V1/V1) = 20 . log (2) = 6dB gain in voltage.

For power, it will be

10. log (2P1/P1) = 10 . log (2) = 3dB increase in power.

These are a few advantages (some real and some claimed) to using a Y adapter:

If you leave one of the RCA inputs open, dirt may get in there.

Using a Y adapter may add a few dbs to the subwoofers's output.

Some claim that the subwoofer works better at lower levels with the Y-cable.

The auto-off mode of some older subwoofers (e.g, Velodyne CH-12) may not come on at lower levels without the use of a Y-cable.

Some older subwoofers may actually need a Y cable because the left channel L may not default to mono signal.

Another benefit of using a Y-cable at the sub input jacks may be for reducing the amount of Radio Frequency (RF) and Electomagnetic (EM) interference, because you are not leaving the other input open and active. Subwoofers can be affected by annoying buzzes and hums.

Conclusion: Since Y adapters cost a few dollars and there is no significant risk involved, I would recommend using a Y adapter (2 male, 1 female) at the subwoofer's RCA input jacks. Make sure you use a good quality Y adapter that is shielded. Otherwise, you may hear hum and noises.A Guide to Bass Management (Part I) - Blu-ray Forum

Each sub-out of the AVR is connected to both RCA ends on the sub-woofer. Nope it isn't touching the amp chasis..

51tVSh07egL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon basic cable.. Both sub's use the same cable..I really don't understand why only one sub is making all this issue, while the other sits quietly..

That's too technical for me , anyway I have a spare Y cable, I'll try. BTW let me clearify, its not the power I'm unhappy about, its the quality of bass. Sounds bit shallow, for movies it isn't noticeable but for music its noticeable. The frequency response is adequate and pretty VFM sub.

The power input socket on SW 10 is 3 pin type as far as I remember ; It'd benefit from a 3 pin power cable, try if you have a spare power cable lying with you.

Please refrain from using CAPS..12 inch will produce more bass than a 10 inch.. But how much ?

That's too technical for me , anyway I have a spare Y cable, I'll try.

Same here.. I too didn't understand the math there.. But 3db increase is what i understood..

BTW let me clearify, its not the power I'm unhappy about, its the quality of bass. Sounds bit shallow, for movies it isn't noticeable but for music its noticeable. The frequency response is adequate and pretty VFM sub.
You mean it isn't punching enough for music?

The power input socket on SW 10 is 3 pin type as far as I remember ; It'd benefit from a 3 pin power cable, try if you have a spare power cable lying with you.

Oh yes.. Juz now noticed it.. Anyways have given the sub to service center.. Will update here..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back