Taga speaker package Vs platinum series speakers

Thanks for confirming elangoas !!! Its a learning.

If this deal with my friend doesn't workout....
Il just upgraded my center channel to PLATINUM C100, and settle for now. (i was thinking for this centre channel upgrade lately) I hope this will be better than C90.

I read somewhere that most of the home theater effect depends on good center channel.

If this deal with my friend doesn't workout....Il just upgraded my center channel to PLATINUM C100, and settle for now.

Just make it thru..Friend right..:)

(i was thinking for this centre channel upgrade lately) I hope this will be better than C90.

I would suggest you to upgrade the fronts (L,C,R) to platinum series, whenever you can.. I mean all 3 of them together, so that they are timbre matched..

C-100 has more drivers than C-90.. But more horizontal drivers are prone to lobing issue (Technically) - https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/center-channel-designs-1

Only FYI..I was made aware of this by FM Manoj..

I read somewhere that most of the home theater effect depends on good center channel.

Clear dialogues is essential for a good HT experience.. Center channel speaker is more active in a movie..

Just make it thru..Friend right..:)

I would suggest you to upgrade the fronts (L,C,R) to platinum series, whenever you can.. I mean all 3 of them together, so that they are timbre matched..

C-100 has more drivers than C-90.. But more horizontal drivers are prone to lobing issue (Technically) - https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/center-channel-designs-1

Only FYI..I was made aware of this by FM Manoj..

Clear dialogues is essential for a good HT experience.. Center channel speaker is more active in a movie..
Ya.... He is a close friend....so he won't buy my gear. He will steal it.:D:D:rolleyes: So its almost like buying new stuff for me.

hi,

i have auditioned taga harmony 606 se, tav 616, and azure f-100 and platinum series f120,c-100 and s-100.so i think i can answer your questions.i havent heard bs.but i believe they will be good as i heard remaining ones in platinum series.if you compare sound quality and price,the order will be as mentioned above.i can surely say that there is no comparison between tav series(let it be 606se or 616) and platinum series.Platinum series will have very good sensibility and very good sound quality.undoubtedly they are value for money.As mentioned by elangoas its technology is different.i would ask you to have an audition and decide according to your liking.you can ask me if you have any doubt regarding these.All the best.
No scope of audition here in hyderabad Sasank, so learn from seniors and going ahead is the only way. :):)

No scope of audition here in hyderabad Sasank, so learn from seniors and going ahead is the only way. :):)
There is no scope for audition in Hyderabad.i tried all possible ways.i went to Bangalore just to audition taga harmony speakers.i went there,listened to them and came back.it may sound crazy but I thought of listening to them before I decide.i have listened to all the above list I have mentioned.trust me you will find a lot of difference between your existing system and platinum one.platinum f120 is far superior than many other brands in that price.even c100 is very good.even i don't know about what elangoes has said regarding center horizontal speakers.im very much impressed with platinum series.im looking to buy platinum f120,c100 and s100.if at all I buy them little early I think you can listen to them here in Hyderabad itself.;)

There is no scope for audition in Hyderabad.i tried all possible ways.i went to Bangalore just to audition taga harmony speakers.i went there,listened to them and came back.it may sound crazy but I thought of listening to them before I decide.i have listened to all the above list I have mentioned.trust me you will find a lot of difference between your existing system and platinum one.platinum f120 is far superior than many other brands in that price.even c100 is very good.even i don't know about what elangoes has said regarding center horizontal speakers.im very much impressed with platinum series.im looking to buy platinum f120,c100 and s100.if at all I buy them little early I think you can listen to them here in Hyderabad itself.;)

You went all the way to Bangalore just for audition !!!☺️☺️☺️
Sounds crazy and inspiring too !!!!
Which store in Bangalore by the way ??

Ooh.... Thanks a lot on the info about center channel ..... Damn !!! Its endless to learn !!!☺️☺️

Apart from what @kaptan had said abt 3 way center channel, an other way to live without the issue would be to use a regular BS as center speaker.. But mostly, we wont get a single BS separately.. In your case, you can consider an other Taga S 90 SL for center itself.. It has more benefits..

He is a close friend....so he won't buy my gear. He will steal it.:D:D:rolleyes:

Ha ha ha.. good one.. Got it..

.i went to Bangalore just to audition taga harmony speakers

Vow.. Hydb to Bangalore for audition.. Only if hifi was easily accessible in every town in India, then would be wonderful..

Writing my experience in this thread after using Tav606Se and later switched to PLATINUM series. Platinum One for fronts, C90SL for center, S90SL for surrounds.

First thing to note is that Tav606SE is an excellent package "for its price". Compared to Tav series, small bookshelfs in PLATINUM series are better in terms of CLARITY.

Note that I'm saying this after replacing the tav606se towers with tiny bookshelfs PLATINUM ONE. These small bookshelfs are amazing for their size and price. They are better than tav towers in terms of clarity, but tav towers are still better in terms of power and high volumes.

I saw PLATINUM F120 towers in our fm Sasanks place. They are simply awesome. !!! No comparison with tav towers at all.

Hello Everyone,

I need the setup for the TAGA Harmony speakers as following:
FL - 806, 806C, Platinum100s surround.
I made my existing onkyo 6 ohms speaker as atmos(attached th connection as surround back)

receiver Denon-1500h.

My request ai need the speaker setup in the receiver. please help me

I am from Hyderabad

Thanks,
Jagadish

check with hifimart
Hello Everyone,

I need the setup for the TAGA Harmony speakers as following:
FL - 806, 806C, Platinum100s surround.
I made my existing onkyo 6 ohms speaker as atmos(attached th connection as surround back)

receiver Denon-1500h.

My request ai need the speaker setup in the receiver. please help me

I am from Hyderabad

Thanks,
Jagadish

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back