Taking orders for Nova from Peachtree

odyssey

Folks
We are now taking orders for the Peachtree Audio Nova. The first pcs have just started shipping in the US. We expect ours within a few weeks. There are already reports of excellent performance of the ESS Sabre DAC in addition to the overall unit. The Nova features a tube preamp, an ESS Sabre DAC, USB input (for your PC audio and supports various audio formats) and an 80W chip amp along with other features such as a HT bypass, etc. For more details see

Signal Path International - Era Speakers & Peachtree Audio - Introducing Nova

The Nova is designed to be a true audiophile product.

Price is expected to be around the Rs 75K mark (not fixed as yet) incl of tax. If you order now, there is a 10% off and free shipping to any major city in the country.

cheers
[email protected]

WOW! Fantastic news! :clapping: This is one of the 2 possible products I'm considering and this comes as a pleasant surprise for me! Since I was not planning to pick up one in the very near future, I was also thinking of waiting for the upcoming Nova Pre and see if the pre-amp section is better than the Nova. This is an awesome news all the same and is very tempting. I'm just curious, would you also be offering the Decco (v2?!) alongside the Nova?

WOW! Fantastic news! :clapping: This is one of the 2 possible products I'm considering and this comes as a pleasant surprise for me! Since I was not planning to pick up one in the very near future, I was also thinking of waiting for the upcoming Nova Pre and see if the pre-amp section is better than the Nova. This is an awesome news all the same and is very tempting. I'm just curious, would you also be offering the Decco (v2?!) alongside the Nova?

Hi
Nova pre is a while away as I understand it. I really dont have more news than that at this time. We have no plans to offer the Decco 2. If we sense demand for it, we might.

cheers

The Decco was one of those units that had great power and drove many inefficient speakers like the B&W, PSB and Dynaudio's very well. Though I have not auditioned the Nova (just seen it in a demo display), the power ratings are rather generous and seems to hold the fort to drive the power hungry speakers.

Also they consulted with John Westlake (of Wolfson DAC design fame as well as consultant for CA and few other top line manufacturers) for this and incorporated quite a bit of his suggestions.

The pricing is fantastic comparing to the way more expensive DACs at 3-4 times the cost as the Nova apparently can stand up to them.

I believe the pre is scheduled for release in Aug/sept timeframe from the latest schedules that Dave Solomon mentioned at the meet. However they have a fair bit of testing to cover and this may change depending on the results.

The Decco was one of those units that had great power and drove many inefficient speakers like the B&W, PSB and Dynaudio's very well. Though I have not auditioned the Nova (just seen it in a demo display), the power ratings are rather generous and seems to hold the fort to drive the power hungry speakers.

Also they consulted with John Westlake (of Wolfson DAC design fame as well as consultant for CA and few other top line manufacturers) for this and incorporated quite a bit of his suggestions.

The pricing is fantastic comparing to the way more expensive DACs at 3-4 times the cost as the Nova apparently can stand up to them.

I believe the pre is scheduled for release in Aug/sept timeframe from the latest schedules that Dave Solomon mentioned at the meet. However they have a fair bit of testing to cover and this may change depending on the results.

Hi
thats bad that you didnt get to hear it, did you hear from anyone who did? I believe you may be the first on the forum to have at least come close to it :)
cheers

The EES Sabre is one of the most applauded DACs to hit the market in recent times. The Buffalo DAC by Twisted pear audio based on the Sabre has been sold out since the time it hit the market;)
The Buffalo DAC

Hi
In terms of tonality, it will end up being somewhere in between SS and tubes. Read Asit's thread with descriptions about the Jaton Operetta to get a better idea about chip amps.

cheers

Some update -

All orders are now closed for the initial units. If this changes, I will post here. If you need to contact me regarding this in the next day or two, pls email

The pre + DAC only component will only be launched mid of 2010

cheers
[email protected]

I havent heard it :eek: as yet
I am out of town and will be back only on Mon - if I get a chance I will check it out Monday/Tue evening and post here
The DAC has been getting good feedback

cheers

Ok Guys,
since some of you asked me -

The unit has only about 5 hours now. The DAC is very very good. I didnt think it would be along my lines of taste in DACs (I like NOS better), but this DAC has extension with no grain, no harshness, no rough edges, very smooth. It lacks the slight warmth of the NOS but the difference isnt night and day. I now have it running in and will try and put in about 75 hours before making any further evaluation. More on the preamp and amp section later. Heres the thing - if you own any hard drive or IPOD or Squeezebox type of device and want to extract the best and are looking to add a budget to mid priced amp, the Nova is the way to go. I dont think it can be beat for the price and convenience.

cheers
[email protected]

Here are some nice reviews....

STRP-090800-CN1_450.jpg

6moons audio reviews: Peachtree Audio Nova
First Look: Peachtree Audio Nova hybrid integrated amp/USB DAC | AVguide
Stereophile: Now on Newsstands: <i>Stereophile</i>, Vol.32 No.8

Cheers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back