Talk about first 4k movie Timescapes!

Ram Sahoo

I heard some American photographer had shot this movie and released it globally, Firstly, is it available in India? And secondly, was it actually recorded in 4k resolution format meaning native (3840x2160p) resolution?

Hi Ram Sahoo, Timescapes, as far as I know, is the first 4K movie ever to be released. It is shot, edited and color-graded at 4K resolution (4096 x 2304 pixels) according to the director, Tom Lowe, who spent two years traveling American wildlife. This is the footage that he released as a trailer for the movie and from the Original resolution, I can tell that it's in native 4K and looks quite epic as well.

TimeScapes 4K - YouTube

You can purchase the Blu-ray for the movie here: TimeScapes - Buy the Movie I figure this would look awesome on the LG Ultra HD TV! It goes to show that many people are gradually drawn to 4K content viewing and creation. The 4K revolution is very near!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Timescapes is the first debut film from the award winning cinematographer and director tom lowe and as far as i know this movie is based on wildlife of the american south west. it is the world's first movie which is to be sold to the public as a 4k file. Now you can finally access the 4k content and enjoy a higher resolution than 1080p.

This movie is totally based on south western nature scenes so you can see lots of beautiful nature scenes. In india you can buy this movie as it is available for public purchase but only if you have your own 4k video projector that can accept 4k input signals. Only then you can watch this movie in 4K resolution.

Yes, I have spent the last couple of days reading up on this Timescapes film and it sounds great. I might purchase a Bluray copy to test it out on the LG Ultra HD TV to see if it's a legit 4K resolution footage. Will report back later with more detailed info on how it is :D.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I have read in some articles that this 4K movie is so marvelous that when people watched it on big screen they actually forget that they are watching it in cinemas theater. I mean visuals look so detailed in 4K.

I can imagine that, haha. I can't wait for my copy to arrive so we can test it out at the office on the LG Ultra HD to see if the movie really lives up to the expectations. Hopefully it will and we can count on a new generation of independent filmmaker not afraid to explore the new territory of the 4K image so that we can have more amazing contents to enjoy.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back