Tata Sky HD (non -recorder) weird issue

theironhorse

connection was taken in nov 2010..

till a few days back it was working flawlessly and once fine day the box/?? starts acting weird..

it starting loosing settings.. every time i turn on the box it will ask for initial setup.. where i kept going next ..next and then the normal channel 100..

it went for a few days and now the box shows a green light but no signal.. if i leave it like the same way for sometimes 20 minutes - 60 minutes it will again pop-up the initial setup and work like nothing ever happened and suddenly after 10 minutes the screen goes blank and no signal...

the box will still show green light.. after 20-30 minutes it will come back again with the same channel playing....

2 seperate issues.

sometimes it just does not start at all.. but shows green light when power button pressed on remote like it starts up normally and will come up randomly with the initial setup screen again.

second while watching any channel the screen goes blank .. no signal again and comes back after random time to the same channel.. ( not restarting but just the display going off)..

i believe it is out of warranty.. for over an year..not sure what needs to be done.. also no signs of heat.. cleaned the box with compressed air as well.. no go...

Seems like STB has gone bad.
Call Tata Sky. They will replace it with a new or mostly refurbished STB. Will cost you Rs.350 for the replacement STB and Rs.150 for the technicians visit. Money will be deducted from your Tata Sky account balance.

Seems like STB has gone bad.
Call Tata Sky. They will replace it with a new or mostly refurbished STB. Will cost you Rs.350 for the replacement STB and Rs.150 for the technicians visit. Money will be deducted from your Tata Sky account balance.

thanks mate... 350 sounds good. i thought it would be something around 1.5k ish ..

will check wid em tomo.. however anyone faced any issues like this ??

Hello,

I am also facing a wierd issue with my Tatasky HD STB. The output from HDMI stops and there is no display on TV. I am using optical out for audio and it works fine when there is no video. I tried to use the normal RCA out and it works fine even when there is no display through HDMI. I have logged a call and technician will visit today.

I ve a similar issue where the VDO doesn't appear and sometimes only audio is heard.. sometimes display shows no signal etc.. all these situations I was advised by the Tata sky help desk people to unplug all cables from the STB and wait for a minute and put em back.. and it worked..!!

Hello,

I am also facing a wierd issue with my Tatasky HD STB. The output from HDMI stops and there is no display on TV. I am using optical out for audio and it works fine when there is no video. I tried to use the normal RCA out and it works fine even when there is no display through HDMI. I have logged a call and technician will visit today.

The technician came yesterday and checked and found that HDMI port has issues. He replaced my STB with a refurbished one and everything works fine now.

Total Damage:

STB : 350 INR
Labour charges: 125.

This will be deducted from my A/C balance.

I am very much satisfied with quick response from tata sky.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back