Tata sky or Airtel digital tv

So the feed is the same? The only difference is that one uses component instead of composite?
Is there any additional wiring/equipment required from the dish to the stb?

Yes, the feed is the same but hardware is altogether different. The box is MPEG4 ready. For video there are three options, CVBS (single RCA composite cable), S-video and component. The later two offer definitely better picture quality. In some channels it is hard to differentiate between DTH and DVD.
For audio, the options are 1) left right RCA cable 2) Digital audio and 3) optical out. I opted digital audio for my Philips 4750 and the sound quality improved significantly. My entire experience with TS+from ordering to installation to using it is more than satisfactory.
Of course, additional wiring is involved and Tata sky engineers take care of the same.

So the feed is the same? The only difference is that one uses component instead of composite?
Is there any additional wiring/equipment required from the dish to the stb?

Yes, the feed is the same but hardware is altogether different. The box is MPEG4 ready. For video there are three options, CVBS (single RCA composite cable), S-video and component. The later two offer definitely better picture quality. In some channels it is hard to differentiate between DTH and DVD.
For audio, the options are 1) left right RCA cable 2) Digital audio and 3) optical out. I opted digital audio for my Philips 4750 and the sound quality improved significantly. My entire experience with TS+from ordering to installation to using it is more than satisfactory. Additional expenditure is justified by improved PQ and audio. Recording functions are just bonus.
Of course, additional wiring is involved and Tata sky engineers take care of the same.

I have shortlisted Airtel & Tata Sky as final options.
Can someone who has experienced both tell me which is best for a 42" TV based only on picture quality?

I want the comparison between Airtel and TATA Sky with component input. Sad that Airtel does not have a component out yet!

If your answer is BIG TV, never mind, Iam not interested. The service/owner experience in my area is not good enough.

Also, Does the TS+ have the channel change delay as in normal TS box?

I have shortlisted Airtel & Tata Sky as final options.
Can someone who has experienced both tell me which is best for a 42" TV based only on picture quality?

I want the comparison between Airtel and TATA Sky with component input. Sad that Airtel does not have a component out yet!

If your answer is BIG TV, never mind, Iam not interested. The service/owner experience in my area is not good enough.

Also, Does the TS+ have the channel change delay as in normal TS box?

Anyone Please?

well like i said before i own both airtel and big tv.big tv does have the edge,but since u are intrested in airtel ,the quality ain't nothing special.lately with the recent software update the lag b/w channel change is high,taking a full 3+ seconds,but less then 4 seconds.the audio comes in a second its only the picture that takes so long.

my friends have TS,sun tv and big tv.he prefers big tv for its PQ while TS for its support.sun DTH he says has the worst support but slightly better PQ compared to TS.

Has anyone checked the Airtel IPTV package? I saw it in a relatives place in Gurgaon. The pricing was 999 per month for broadband plus cable. It has a program recording facility too. Couldnt compare the PQ as it was being played on a CRT? Seems a better option than Tata Sky+ but anyone has more info on this. Isnt this better than taking the std. Airtel Digital TV? As typical, all channel packs come to Rs. 400 pm plus additional connection charges. In the IPTV connection, there are no extra charges.

Has anyone checked the Airtel IPTV package? I saw it in a relatives place in Gurgaon. The pricing was 999 per month for broadband plus cable. It has a program recording facility too. Couldnt compare the PQ as it was being played on a CRT? Seems a better option than Tata Sky+ but anyone has more info on this. Isnt this better than taking the std. Airtel Digital TV? As typical, all channel packs come to Rs. 400 pm plus additional connection charges. In the IPTV connection, there are no extra charges.

It is not available in bangalore I think?
I was checking it in hyderabad - Not Available!

Hi all,

15 days ago, Ive been offered tata sky free for the tata photon plus usb broadband connection in chennai. The seller said that they[Tata sky] are giving me a new model set-top box in that offer. Apart from the older tata sky set-top box which has only the composite video connectivity, the newer one has the component out video connectivity, like the tata sky+ model. I think the picture will be good in component video connectivity rather than the composite video connection. But, i didnt purchase the tata photon plus broadband. So, may be someone here in our forum who has bought a new tata sky connection in recent 10 or 15 days, so that we can check with him about the PQ of the new set-top box from tata sky.

I too am looking for a move from my current Hathway Digital to Tata Sky/Airtel.

There seems to be an New Year offer for getting the Tata Sky+ hardware for 5k. However, the call center has no idea of the same. Even the Tata Indicom offer they have no clue about.
Not sure about the raves that their call center has got from the forum but then again I havent tried the others :)

Well, I have gone ahead with the Tata Sky+ New Year offer. I have asked for the new STB for the other room (black colour) hopefully thats the one that has component out.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back