Tata Sky Plus and HD

Polaris

Greetings,

Does anybody know if the standard Tata Sky Plus will ever support HD? The TS website mutters something about it being feasible and I actually had a tech guy from TS call me back before I bought it to confirm that it would support HD when it arrived ... albeit only at 480p via component out.

Anybody know more about this?

Thanks!

Greetings,

The TS website mutters something about it being feasible.

Anybody know more about this?

Thanks!

No. TataSky plus can't get you HD picture. TataSky plus and HD transmission are both in MPEG-4, but can't get that HD picture due to software block. What is that "muttering" you are mumbling about? Please give us details..

@Vijay

Muttering: Tata Sky HD - High Definition Channels & HD Services.
I have a Tata Sky+ connection. Will you also have HD alongwith Tata Sky+ features of pause, record, rewind?
The current digicomp is an HD digicomp without the pause, record & rewind features. The HD service on a Tata Sky+ will follow later.

@npalesha: Is that with the same STB or does it require a new one? Do you have a link? Thanks!

tata sky HD is outta stock as of now..

also to release tata sky + HD i guess.. they need to upgrade the hardware for the current + as it needs to record + store + play HD videos and audio (5.1)

I wonder if they do launch a HD STB, how big would the HD files be, and what format will they be stored in. Anyhow am happy with my TS HD, just that I dont know how to change my package to the newly introduced ones.

Last edited:
i am happy with my TS HD, don't want to spend more money on HD PVR, this maybe the reason they stopped selling the current model as they will come out with HD pvr and push customers to buy the same who want to go for HD STB.

Nov 15th has come and gone. Has the new box been launched? Any idea how much the HD- DVR is?

OT: Currently I have a HD box and a standard TS+ dvr box. Do tata sky offer buyback option of old dvr or can a settop be sold\transferred? I do remember some very patient chap documenting his findings and his litigation with tata. But I would like to know if a transfer of ownership is possible.

A set top box can be sold/transferred but the new owner would have to pay the installation charge all over again. There'd be no buyback (who's going to use the old boxes !)

The launch will definitely be before the big event - Cricket World Cup.

A set top box can be sold/transferred but the new owner would have to pay the installation charge all over again. There'd be no buyback (who's going to use the old boxes !)

The launch will definitely be before the big event - Cricket World Cup.

Yes , I am gonna burn my airtel hd boxes the day before sankranthi :mad: and switch over to tatasky.

ten cricket in sun hd is too expensive,they charged me 50 rs for that alone ,even it is not a hd channel........

this may be wrong thread but just wanted to know from TS HD subscribers on this thread if you are aware of TS HD service carrying the Times MoviesNow HD channel... they did a launch with lots of fanfare y'day but can't get any info on how to subscribe to it on my TS.
I have a TS HD STB and would be quite eager to try out the HD (albeit 1080i and not 1080p or 720p) hollywood flicks...
Any idea if it would it be at an extra flat monthly rate or would it be pay perview sort of tarriff..
thanks

tata sky will definitely launch HD PVR. i had spoken to a nodal officer few weeks back regarding a problem and asked him about it. he said HD PVR was already in testing phase and would be launched soon. however when i asked him about dates, he refused to mention any.

When are we going to get TS HD Plus which will allow us to record in HD?
Surely the disk size would be in TBs. Eagerly awaiting as there are quite a lot of movies/ programmes which are well worth watching at least more than once. Anyone know of any DVR which will record from TS HD in HD?

Wishing all a very happy new year.:beer:

Supply of TataSky HD-Box to RETAILERS dried out around 3 months ago and from what I'v gathered Tata has not obliged them with any info. Some swear its coming this week, others dont care less.

I don't see why consumers need to hunt and speculate on multiple forums as to availability and pricing of products. Very poor effort on their parts.

Supply of TataSky HD-Box to RETAILERS dried out around 3 months ago and from what I'v gathered Tata has not obliged them with any info. Some swear its coming this week, others dont care less.

I don't see why consumers need to hunt and speculate on multiple forums as to availability and pricing of products. Very poor effort on their parts.

I agree - I am hunting for a TataSky HD box in Hyd for the past couple of weeks. No luck. :mad: I wonder how even companies like Tata manage to run their business so shoddily not only survive but thrive - there must be something to those Radia tapes:lol:
Cheers
Sid

i am waiting to watch the world cup on my TS HD, i am sure there will be boxes coming out in another couple of weeks as they will try to catch on the cricket fever to push sales of their HD PVR recorders.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back