Tata Sky to Launch HD PVR Set Top Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly,thats what i have heard too.
Besides the point 500 Gigs for 3500 is out of question anyway.
It will be somewhere around 6500/-,lets see how far it holds true.

And one thing for sure,it will be launched in few days from now,that too when every other company is throwing their adv,World cup and clearing off the old HD boxes before they launch their HD PVR boxes that too with pomp and show which is so inevitable for company like TATA SKY.

For those who are speculating please refer to a post earlier that mentioned the REGULAR Tata Sky + box costs about 5.9k

Add the HD premium tag and some costs for the VR facility and storage and you have something pushing the 6k tag?

For those who are speculating please refer to a post earlier that mentioned the REGULAR Tata Sky + box costs about 5.9k

Add the HD premium tag and some costs for the VR facility and storage and you have something pushing the 6k tag?

Is HD a premium tag for TATA-SKY? They were the ones who crashed the prices down in the first place with their HD set top box. BTW I'm not speculating and am only mentioning the figure given to me by that particular TS Dealer. Apart from having a TS HD box, I have no connections to TS and no idea as to whether that figure is accurate or not.

Reliance digital HD pvr used to cost 7490 but was slashed to 4990 but after a while the prices went up to the current price of 5990.

Tata sky will mostly price it about 6k since this comes with a bigger HDD then reliance.

I called Tatasky and they said the new DVR will be launched within a week in time for the worldcup. they have not given any dates but I presume it should be here within a week. If any one has any more information that would be great as I want to schedule an installation as soon as possible.

I called Tatasky and they said the new DVR will be launched within a week in time for the worldcup. they have not given any dates but I presume it should be here within a week. If any one has any more information that would be great as I want to schedule an installation as soon as possible.

Yes, I am also eagerly waiting.

Lets try to call some reputable dealers. I'll try to call kohinoor, vijay sales. etc. Lets see what Info they have. Maybe someone can try chroma etc..

Called the CC just now, they told me that its going to be around before WC for sure, but he cannot give me details on date/price. He told me to call back once its launched (I confirmed the spot booking as well, but not expecting much from CC).
Guys, keep checking with your dealer network and share the information. I'm expecting it to be at around 6-6.5K. I will be happy if they do it again and lower the prices compared to other HD-DVRs in the market.
btw, what are the other options we have with HD-DVR in the market at the moment? I guess Reliance, Videocon and ACT are the only other options available!

A side question. I want to buy two HD-DVR's. what are the pricing options with Tata Sky. Do I have to pay twice for the whole subscription or is it a monthly 150 rs additional.
if its about 6.5k then two would get me to about 13k. ouch!! but I'll still go for it.

Checked with Dishtv CC, Multi-TV offers are not applicable on HD box. You cannot keep HD and non HD and for two HD boxes you need to pay twice individually. Not sure of Tatasky though!

You can have the Multi Room with HD in Tata Sky. I have a TataSky + connection and an additional Multiroom HD (Connected on the same TV though!) connection. Paying 150PM for the multiroom connection.

Just be careful on the HD channel activation though, as the primary connection being the normal connection the HD chanels cannot be activated on the same. It needed a few tough calls to the call center to resolve the issue.

You can have the Multi Room with HD in Tata Sky. I have a TataSky + connection and an additional Multiroom HD (Connected on the same TV though!) connection. Paying 150PM for the multiroom connection.

Just be careful on the HD channel activation though, as the primary connection being the normal connection the HD chanels cannot be activated on the same. It needed a few tough calls to the call center to resolve the issue.

Did u have notice signal dorp in multiroom setup? I noticed a lot in airtel...

I called Tata Sky and they said they will come out with the offers in a day or two. They would call me up. I'm gonna try going down to Vijay Sales and checking it out there.

I'm confused on the activation though. I would want both the DVR's with HD content activated. Lets hope the installation goes smooth.

Any news, Update from any one. Ok this is what I know so far.
TS was going to release it on Tuesday. There was some kind of govt regulation in India that required the use of Password with the credit card.
The box should be launched in a day or two. That's what I get to hear every time I call. I was also told that I've called them many times and that they would get in touch with me once the box is launched.

Any sneak pics with any one so far? I've also tried Vijay Sales and no one has any info on the upcoming Box.

cause most of the set top box orders TS do, are through IVR.

Hence probably they are waiting for the government clearance / clarifications on the one time password for all IVR credit card transactions policy which was launched recently.

That would be so messed up. I told them that i have an international credit card or cash and they told me that I couldn't avail any offers if the installation is done with Cash. Regardless they said nothing could be done until the launch. It depends on who you get on the phone. Most of them just read out a plain script. Call center is in pune. I have a feeling I'll be out of luck as I have next week for setup and installation before I leave on Vacation.

GOI issued notification regarding this transaction policy couple of months ago. They were supposed to implement it from Jan this year but postponed by one month to give extra time for banks and merchants to educate their customers.
Was TS sleeping all this time?

TS is surprisingly mum about the release. I wonder if they would release it prior to the WorldCup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back