Tata Sky to Launch HD PVR Set Top Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've called them twice today and it was supposed to get released today but due to some difficulties (which was not revealed) it is postponed by a few days. I'm sure there will be some story tomorrow as well.

10th Feb. That's too late. I just spoke to them. The boxes have been dispatched to the dealers. They are still doing some more testing.
Yesterday existing subscribers have received an email that the box will be for Rs 3999 for existing subscribers. So there is a hint on the price point.

Ravidharp, where did you get the date of 10th Feb? Is it confirmed? I hope it comes out latest by tomorrow.

I am an existing subscriber,and I have not received any info or mail from TS. Nor any message via the existing STB.

I am also an existing subscriber,and I have not got the mail. I am ready buyer at 3999/-. :D

Last edited:
Maybe that email was targeted to a certain few. I believe the price will be at 3999. Lets wait and watch. But then again you can't really trust what the call center says. They have been putting me off for more than a week, saying tomorrow morning. Really irritating.

If they want a good subscriber base before the world cup, they better get their act together and start with the installations.

Yesterday existing subscribers have received an email that the box will be for Rs 3999 for existing subscribers. So there is a hint on the price point.

If price is Rs. 3999, then will they take away existing box?
What will be the price for new user?

If price is Rs. 3999, then will they take away existing box?
What will be the price for new user?

That's a good question. I didn't care to question that further. Might be an exchange for existing subscribers. 3999 for a 500 gig hard disk with the DVR does look low though. I'll try to ping some dealers to see what info they have.

Alternatively if others can find out too, that would be good.

10th Feb. That's too late. I just spoke to them. The boxes have been dispatched to the dealers. They are still doing some more testing.

Ravidharp, where did you get the date of 10th Feb? Is it confirmed? I hope it comes out latest by tomorrow.

Dear friend Navigator
i got the info from guy who does installations, according to his friendly info STB are installed for TS emplyees places :mad: i am just waiting for the official advt to be released .... :yahoo:

Yea... they are the ones given stbs for testing purposes. This exchange offer is valid only if we buy directly from tatasky or we can buy the box from dealers also?

I mailed to TS regarding the same. CC exec called me today and informed that they are still doing testing and it would take at least couple of days for launch and did not disclose the price.

i got an unofficial advice, cost Rs 6.5K, launch date is 12th. hope they will not postpone this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back