Tatasky adds Sony six HD

Will it be for the period of IPL only? During last IPL, we did have SET-MAX HD for the duration of IPL. If this is a permanent fixture, then it is good news.

Will it be for the period of IPL only? During last IPL, we did have SET-MAX HD for the duration of IPL. If this is a permanent fixture, then it is good news.

My bet is on the IPL window. Just like it happened for Max HD. Wish they add Movies Now HD to replace Six HD.

Yesterday I spoke to TS CC and lambasted them for the lack of channels, especially HD. I specifically asked, "why should I pay you Rs. 1000 extra per annum than Videocon D2H when the other provider is having more channels". The lady apologised and said that she will forward the complaint to higher up (we know what that means). She said that there is a bandwidth crunch. I asked "what happened with the new G-Sat satellite and all the extra transponders and b/w that TS was going to get". She said that transition is under way.

Basically, this means that there will be nothing substantial for some months to come.

p/s. Videocon D2H is giving annual platinum HD pack + HD STB + installation + activation, et al, for an all inclusive price of Rs. 5990. Check offers. This is less than Rs. 6400 that I pay to TS for annual mega HD pack. I am stuck because I renewed till Dec. Those who are contemplating, my sincere advice - switch now.

Last edited:
Those who are contemplating, my sincere advice - switch now.

I am using 3 TS setup boxes (2 SD and 1 HD Plus). I have annual subscription for all, and renewal is due on May 2013. My account balance is more than 3200/- as I recharge every month. I am not sure what should I do in this case? Should I go for monthly Packs to consume the money or they can pay me back if I don't want to stay with TS?

p/s. Videocon D2H is giving annual platinum HD pack + HD STB + installation + activation, et al, for an all inclusive price of Rs. 5990. Check offers. This is less than Rs. 6400 that I pay to TS for annual mega HD pack. I am stuck because I renewed till Dec. Those who are contemplating, my sincere advice - switch now.

What about the A/V quality .... true HD content both video and audio in terms for proper 5.1 dolby digital.

What about the A/V quality .... true HD content both video and audio in terms for proper 5.1 dolby digital.

The Quality is great. I shifted from DishHD 4 months back, and :
1. The SD PQ is much better and the HD PQ slightly better.
2. 5.1 DD is available on 75% of HD Channels(Excluding Star Sports and Zee Cinema HD Afaik, and including Sony Six HD). All the Star Channels include Surround Sound in true DD.
3. While the interface is slightly inferior to TS, and Dolby requires a Co-axial connection(No Dolby for HDMI).

I am using 3 TS setup boxes (2 SD and 1 HD Plus). I have annual subscription for all, and renewal is due on May 2013. My account balance is more than 3200/- as I recharge every month. I am not sure what should I do in this case? Should I go for monthly Packs to consume the money or they can pay me back if I don't want to stay with TS?

I do not understand, if you have annual subscription, how do you recharge every month, and ask them for a refund. If they dont, then stay with it for the balance amount period.

Actually my plan was to stay with TS that's why I was recharging my account on monthly basis (To use that amount on new renewal) but as per their revising policies and lack of channels, I am worried and thinking what should I do now?
I do not understand, if you have annual subscription, how do you recharge every month, and ask them for a refund. If they dont, then stay with it for the balance amount period.

As a test case I told TS that I wanted to cancel my subscription as I was going abroad - they contacted me within hours ready to refund the balance subscription amount. The STB costs are not refundable.

Now I plan to tell them I am moving to Videocon D2H.....:p

Just as said above, what is the necessity of recharging every month, if you have annual plan? If you had invested the same amount in a gilt mutual fund (one of the lowest paying but safest mutual fund), you would have got an annualized return of 10%, at the minimum. Whether you wish to switch or not, exhaust the amount immediately.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

As a test case I told TS that I wanted to cancel my subscription as I was going abroad - they contacted me within hours ready to refund the balance subscription amount. The STB costs are not refundable.

Now I plan to tell them I am moving to Videocon D2H.....:p

Don't tell them that. Then they will not refund.

Thanks I am aware of that, that is why I first got a "positive" response from them: so I can challenge them.
I would have moved to D2H in January if they only had the common sense to charge a reasonable amount for the second / third connection....and of course I was expecting TS to add more ( Good)channels by March:mad:

Thanks I am aware of that, that is why I first got a "positive" response from them: so I can challenge them.
I would have moved to D2H in January if they only had the common sense to charge a reasonable amount for the second / third connection....and of course I was expecting TS to add more ( Good)channels by March:mad:

Me too. I stayed with Tatasky because I had just switched to them a year ago, their new satellite had been launched and I thought that they will launch new HD channels soon.

Just as said above, what is the necessity of recharging every month, if you have annual plan? If you had invested the same amount in a gilt mutual fund (one of the lowest paying but safest mutual fund), you would have got an annualized return of 10%, at the minimum. Whether you wish to switch or not, exhaust the amount immediately.

One benefit is, if you recharge 301 you get 15rs bonus. This help when you pay annuals as you would have got a bonus of 180 rs

One benefit is, if you recharge 301 you get 15rs bonus. This help when you pay annuals as you would have got a bonus of 180 rs

If you pay three full annual fee, you still get Rs. 15 as benefit. Rs. 15 benefit is per recharge txn of Rs. 301 or above. There is no cumulative benefit. For example, if you charge Rs. 602 in one go, you will still Rs. 15 as the credit.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back