TataSky goes HD

Good news and the pricing is a killer, But no news on their website yet. Hope they get an HD PVR soon into market and I'll happily grab one.

Called the tata sky support. They say that they have no info on this yet. Probably will take another couple of days...

As a part of the launch phase, all existing Tata Sky subscribers can now upgrade to Tata Sky HD and avail the HD Gold Pack for an entire year, absolutely free

I think both STB and programming would be free as Airtel/BIG TV already offer MPEG4 quality broadcasts. If they ask me to pay for STB then you would compare other offerings as well.

What do you think ?

Hi,

This is great news.Its not clear if the existing customers has to pay Rs 2599 for the upgrade.Even if it is so its a great price.

cheers,
sri

DTH India - Tata Sky HD

Tata Sky HD is available at Rs 2599, which includes Dish + Digicomp + Installation & Activation.

Gold HD pack : Rs. 30 per month.

Free for existing subscribers for first one year.

New subscribers get 2 months free subscription for :
Gold HD pack
Super Value English Special Pack(worth 225/month)
Lifestyle Gold Pack(worth 45/month)
ESPN & Star Sports Pack(worth 40/month)

Currently National Geographic HD and Discovery World HD are available on Tata Sky HD service. More HD channels such as Star Plus HD, Star Movies HD and other popular sports channels thatll be added to the Gold HD pack soon.

Last edited:
Yes, This link has been posted in the previous page. However I think I'm going to wait until it's launched with PVR. I think TS launched just not to loose the Footy season customers.

true. i think this is primarily for the basic tata sky customers. i dont think any tata sky plus viewers would actually exchange their pvr for this. at least i wont.

Yes, This link has been posted in the previous page. However I think I'm going to wait until it's launched with PVR. I think TS launched just not to loose the Footy season customers.

Oops missed the link .... anyway, yes you right, even I was thinking about the same (PVR) as I have TS Plus. Called the CC to get more understanding and they had no clude about HD services even been launched :rolleyes:. Infact I had to tell the executive that the details have been posted on the official site....
Says to call in couple of days....

Hi,

Spoke with the customer care and didn't have much of info about the HD broadcast except that even the existing customers should pay for the HD Box.
Its not clear if the same Tatasky plus box will be given as upgrade.

cheers,
sr

It has the HDMI out as well as a suplied HDMI cable.

It is 1080i, does Airtel/Big TV have 1080p?

Tata Sky has been too late in offering the HD and that also without the sports channels, Im not sure if it is time to switch.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back