Tcl 115" LED TV

TCL isn’t even launching their C845 in India. We’ll never get this or their higher end TVs like C955 or X955 series.

It seems TCL is content with selling garbage like C645 in India
TCL in India is a must avoid brand, worst panels ever and easily noticeable especially if you do go to any showroom.

TCL in India is a must avoid brand, worst panels ever and easily noticeable especially if you do go to any showroom.
while I understand that they might not be selling their best models in India, for a given price point, what other brands did you compare pls and what have been your conclusions across brands....at given price points that is?

while I understand that they might not be selling their best models in India, for a given price point, what other brands did you compare pls and what have been your conclusions across brands....at given price points that is?
Its not just the panels that are abysmal, the after sales service of the brand is not satisfactory either. A 6 series or a QM8 in India will remain a distant pipe dream.
At the same price point for a compromise, I'd rather suggest Mi/Redmi tv's owing to better service in budget category. What tcl pitches is comparable to locally assembled brands many times in picture quality. Walk into any reliance digital and be amazed when you put them side to side to a decent brand tv, they just can't compete even with entry level tvs from Samsung.Colors seem washed out and brightness unsatisfactory in most showroom conditions.As far as 835 series goes I would never be comfortable spending a lakh for a brand with no reliability.

Its not just the panels that are abysmal, the after sales service of the brand is not satisfactory either. A 6 series or a QM8 in India will remain a distant pipe dream.
At the same price point for a compromise, I'd rather suggest Mi/Redmi tv's owing to better service in budget category. What tcl pitches is comparable to locally assembled brands many times in picture quality. Walk into any reliance digital and be amazed when you put them side to side to a decent brand tv, they just can't compete even with entry level tvs from Samsung.Colors seem washed out and brightness unsatisfactory in most showroom conditions.As far as 835 series goes I would never be comfortable spending a lakh for a brand with no reliability.
My brother personally owns a TCL C825 which I really like. But he bought it because it was selling at 52k at a steep discount. For that price it's the best TV in the market.

However, I agree that now their C835 is massively overpriced that even Sony X90L is available for almost the same price for 55 and 65" variants. To top it off they're not launching their C845 or newer good panels in India.

TCL in India is going to remain a third grade brand. Even OnePlus is doing a better job than TCL in India, and OnePlus TVs suck.

Thanks for your reply. While comparison of TVs is a very personal thing given the circumstances they are compared in, do you know from where the TCL sources their panels for their budget models?

Given they are global top 3 brand and Sony and Samsung buy their 98 inch panels from TCL, I really doubt if they are selling third grade panels compared to Xiaomi...etc. Apart from commenting on what your eyes are perceiving....do you have any solid data/facts to back up your comments please?

Also if TV companies dont launch their best in India or launch them at prohibitive prices, part of the reason are the taxes and also given the low volumes, obviously they would want higher margins.

My comments are from my personal experience. My first big flat panel TV was a 46 inch full HD samsung I bought in 2007 which went kaput in 4 years. Obviously tech has improved over the years, my 65 inch TCL TV is going strong after 4 years and I just got got the 75 incher with 4 year warranty. I dont have a high end Sony or OLED to compare, but on a standalone basis I dont see any colors being washed out and all that..but then I am no videophile.

Mod Warning:

Have deleted many of the Posts and OT comments. Please follow the rules

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back