TCL: 3L for no local dimming, 400 nits tv.

The newly launched TCL X915 (https://www.tcl.com/in/en/products/x915/x915-75.html)

Though I daresay we should be discussing C815 here, as it is priced well and comparable to other mentioned TVs. X915 is just 8K gimmick at this point.

TCL C815 is 70K for 55 and 100k fo 65.
Samsung Frame is 85K for 55 and 140K for 65.
Hisense H8G is yet to reveal their pricing.

These three could battle it out in the midrange.
H8G is different from the other two since it's FALD Television with a decent amount of zones(more than Sony 950G and Samsung Q80r still).
Between the Samsung and TCL at a price difference of 10k and offering similar technology, I would always prefer Samsung

H8G is different from the other two since it's FALD Television with a decent amount of zones(more than Sony 950G and Samsung Q80r still).
Between the Samsung and TCL at a price difference of 10k and offering similar technology, I would always prefer Samsung

Frame 2020's contrast is better than H8G even with local dimming; 8000:1 vs 5000:1 or so. Now FALD does mean it can vary the light levels as needed, leading to better contrast in scenes with bigger dark areas so that they can be dimmed, it also comes with side effects of blooming and zone flashing in fast moving scenes. Frame 2020 won't suffer from that and will offer better contrast in scenes where there aren't large darker areas that can be dimmed. Bias lighting will help both of them. I would choose Frame 2020 over H8G personally, because blooming and zone flashing will irritate me more.

and oh!! VRR!!! Plus, slightly better out of the box calibration and color gamut are another advantages of Frame 2020. I'm firmly in the OLED camp, and I have veered people away from the 2019 model, but this year, it's a worthy contender.

Tcl c815 hands on videos are out on youtube. Just go and have a look and let us know how the panel is any different from other generic va panels. To my untrained eyes it looks very similar to other chinese brands with ununiform black levels and white patches in the corner, so much for being qled.

TCL X95 does support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR 10. The brightness of 450 nits if at 100% window, then it's decent. As at 10%, 25% windows then it can go upto 800 nits.
Moreover we are getting 120 Zones FALD Televison(It may start other manufacturers or our own low standard A/V noob Youtubers to focus on real TV review parameters other than it can run netflix, jio tv etc) and 8k at 3Lacs at a size of 75".
All this opinion of mine is besides my reservations about TCL and Hisense as a company being completely State Owned(CCP ie Chinese Communist Party) looking at the current situation at border. But I do love A/V technology
Trust me if this tv was able to produce such high brightness they would not even blink before making it a headline feature to advertise. I have seen the live stream , no mention of local dimming tech or panel brightness or hdr tech being used. So i cant be so optimistic. And even if it was a fantastic tv, 75 inch is not accessible to a vast amount of users, price not being a factor here.

TCL X95 does support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR 10. The brightness of 450 nits if at 100% window, then it's decent. As at 10%, 25% windows then it can go upto 800 nits.
Moreover we are getting 120 Zones FALD Televison(It may start other manufacturers or our own low standard A/V noob Youtubers to focus on real TV review parameters other than it can run netflix, jio tv etc) and 8k at 3Lacs at a size of 75".
All this opinion of mine is besides my reservations about TCL and Hisense as a company being completely State Owned(CCP ie Chinese Communist Party) looking at the current situation at border. But I do love A/V technology

That's not how LCD LED TVs work. 100% brightness is similar to 10%. 2% is often dimmed a lot, sometimes even in half, to prevent blacks from rising. Your assumption here seems like wishful thinking.

That's not how LCD LED TVs work. 100% brightness is similar to 10%. 2% is often dimmed a lot, sometimes even in half, to prevent blacks from rising. Your assumption here seems like wishful thinking.
That's how LCD(with LED backlight) works. Go to any A/V review site. Samsung's claim of 2000, 3000 nits is not for 100% window. It can only reach 1800 nits at 10% or 25% window. ABL is pretty aggressive in OLED but even LCD-LED can't push even over 700 nits in 100% window(and main point is such high brightness is not even requited in 100% window unless one wants to go blind). HDR is all about specular highlights, TVs doesn't need to go full 1000 nits on higher APL content. For reference OLED can't even reach 200 nits for a full white 100% window

That's how LCD(with LED backlight) works. Go to any A/V review site. Samsung's claim of 2000, 3000 nits is not for 100% window. It can only reach 1800 nits at 10% or 25% window. ABL is pretty aggressive in OLED but even LCD-LED can't push even over 700 nits in 100% window(and main point is such high brightness is not even requited in 100% window unless one wants to go blind). HDR is all about specular highlights, TVs doesn't need to go full 1000 nits on higher APL content. For reference OLED can't even reach 200 nits for a full white 100% window

Frame 2020:

HDR Sustained 2% Window
292 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 10% Window
565 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 25% Window
565 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 50% Window
564 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 100% Window
564 cd/m²

Plus, you contradict your own point. Why would a manufacturer undermine their own product by mentioning the lower end of the brightness range? Again, wishful thinking.

Plus, clearly you're a new member. Otherwise you would have known to not bother with telling me how OLED works. lol

Frame 2020:

HDR Sustained 2% Window
292 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 10% Window
565 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 25% Window
565 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 50% Window
564 cd/m²

HDR Sustained 100% Window
564 cd/m²
And this is because it's not FALD
This is the data for Samsung q90r

HDR Sustained 2% Window - 1082 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 10% Window - 1410 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 25% Window - 1235 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 50% Window - 814 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 100% Window - 532 cd/m²

See the varying brightness. Generally the 25% window is the brightest since it represents the situation where only 25% or more screen are at thier brightest output and the local dimming is not that agressive

Plus, you contradict your own point. Why would a manufacturer undermine their own product by mentioning the lower end of the brightness range? Again, wishful thinking.
And yes that was only a wishful thinking. I never claimed otherwise. Why get salty?

And yes that was only a wishful thinking. I never claimed otherwise. Why get salty?

Why assume I am salty? I have no claim in the stake. I'm happy with my C9 OLED. :p

Just here for the discussion. Stop assuming so much. ;)

Here ya go. Added emojis.

And this is because it's not FALD
This is the data for Samsung q90r

HDR Sustained 2% Window - 1082 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 10% Window - 1410 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 25% Window - 1235 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 50% Window - 814 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 100% Window - 532 cd/m²

See the varying brightness. Generally the 25% window is the brightest since it represents the situation where only 25% or more screen are at thier brightest output and the local dimming is not that agressive

Fair enough. So why would TCL not follow Samsung and claim 800 nits instead of 400 nits?

Why assume I am salty? I have no claim in the stake. I'm happy with my C9 OLED. :p

Just here for the discussion. Stop assuming so much. ;)

Here ya go. Added emojis.
Peace. All good. I apologize if some of my comments came off as being pushy or agressive

Peace. All good. I apologize if some of my comments came off as being pushy or agressive

Nah. It's all good. We have had aggressive on this forum. You ain't it...yet. XD

Back to the discussion, TCL is treating Indian consumers like fools. We don't get their mini-led TV. We get a FALD with 400 nits or so at a really high price, when in US, you can get their 6 series at a much much cheaper price, which can touch 1,000 nits.

Fair enough. So why would TCL not follow Samsung and claim 800 nits instead of 400 nits?
I understand. I just so wish they were restrained in thier number but knowing how Chinesse brand are known to go overboard on numbers, even false advertisement, I am being just too optimistic. Perhaps in the heat of excitement of a launch of 75" 8K FALD under 3 lacs with HDMI 2.1(still don't know whether it's full Bandwidth like yours C9;)) and decent numberof 120 zones, I became too optimistic. Looking at the current situation of India's Television space with so less options, I am spoiled for choices

Nah. It's all good. We have had aggressive on this forum. You ain't it...yet. XD

Back to the discussion, TCL is treating Indian consumers like fools. We don't get their mini-led TV. We get a FALD with 400 nits or so at a really high price, when in US, you can get their 6 series at a much much cheaper price, which can touch 1,000 nits.
Agree was looking at their US offering and comparing with their Global products. There US offerings are entirely different from they offer in the European, Australian or Asian market. I remember Vincent of HDTV mentioned that TCL may release their mini LED series in UK. I don't think they are ever going to release in India when even their approach to European market is entirely different than US. Even Europe doesn't get TCL 6 series(which is a darn good option for it's price). And the brightness in non US TCL television is abysmal to say the least.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back