TCL: 3L for no local dimming, 400 nits tv.

I think he is bluffing. Doesn't provide the proof of the conversation with TCL.

He had posted a screenshot of TCL blocking him on Twitter. TCL has done the same to @soumyajit92 as well - so that seems to be an easy answer from TCL to all those who question them on specifications. I have no idea why they'll be so aggressive on criticism.

That blocking has led the reviewer (Vineet Malhotra) to have some personal vandetta against TCL which is clear with him asking rhetorical and redundant questions in review. He also ends up recommending the TVs in the review which contradicts his overall theme.

These reviewers (and there are many on YouTube like Techiebeez, Tech Singh, ShoppingBandhu, etc) don't necesarily own the TV and post reviews based on spec-sheet, and marketing material. They can be watched to get an opinion - but they have no idea what a review means!

He had posted a screenshot of TCL blocking him on Twitter. TCL has done the same to @soumyajit92 as well - so that seems to be an easy answer from TCL to all those who question them on specifications. I have no idea why they'll be so aggressive on criticism.

That blocking has led the reviewer (Vineet Malhotra) to have some personal vandetta against TCL which is clear with him asking rhetorical and redundant questions in review. He also ends up recommending the TVs in the review which contradicts his overall theme.

These reviewers (and there are many on YouTube like Techiebeez, Tech Singh, ShoppingBandhu, etc) don't necesarily own the TV and post reviews based on spec-sheet, and marketing material. They can be watched to get an opinion - but they have no idea what a review means!
Exactly. I tried to look for any first hand review of some of the popular TVs like C8 or Mi4x etc, but there is nothing to be found, for some reason. This is disappointing.

That's so true. Their reviews are superficial. Nothing really helpful.

What can we expect from someone who is marketing VU tvs.. Screenshot_20200623-003810__01.jpg

What can we expect from someone who is marketing VU tvs..
I actually saw his hype in twitter and was waiting for him the release the 'hard truth'. The video was just him letting off steam for whatever reason. I don't think most major brands give out details specifications. I agree, there is a lot of discrepancy in the specs for TCL across multiple sites. For example, the 50C715 in amazon listing showed MEMC yesterday. Some Australian sites mentioned it has local dimming as well but then TCL provides a lot more in their site than most major brands do. On top of that, you can look into sites like displayspecifications or flatpanel to get detailed info on the panel. Let me know if my assumption is wrong
On top of that, I see a lot of reviewers going gaga over VU. I am assuming paid reviews. What I hate the most is none of them does a proper technical review. The read what is written in the spec sheet and that's it. I saw one review where the guy said the TV has atmos so you will get the theatre experience. How on a 30W TV speaker, I have no idea! I wish we had sites like rtings doing reviews on electronic items :(

BTW I was asking for TV recommendation here. I went ahead and prebooked the 50C715.

I actually saw his hype in twitter and was waiting for him the release the 'hard truth'. The video was just him letting off steam for whatever reason. I don't think most major brands give out details specifications. I agree, there is a lot of discrepancy in the specs for TCL across multiple sites. For example, the 50C715 in amazon listing showed MEMC yesterday. Some Australian sites mentioned it has local dimming as well but then TCL provides a lot more in their site than most major brands do. On top of that, you can look into sites like displayspecifications or flatpanel to get detailed info on the panel. Let me know if my assumption is wrong
On top of that, I see a lot of reviewers going gaga over VU. I am assuming paid reviews. What I hate the most is none of them does a proper technical review. The read what is written in the spec sheet and that's it. I saw one review where the guy said the TV has atmos so you will get the theatre experience. How on a 30W TV speaker, I have no idea! I wish we had sites like rtings doing reviews on electronic items :(

BTW I was asking for TV recommendation here. I went ahead and prebooked the 50C715.

Correct.. this guy Vineet informed in that video that TCL din't provide information on panel backlight type, nits, refresh rate etc for X915.. All these details are available in TCL india site for X915.. They have even mentioned number of zones for local dimming..
Screenshot_20200622-161628.jpg

Note: I can only understand little hindi so couldn't understand much apart from his few rants..

During the live show, it was told that special offer while pre-booking through RelianceDigital wherein you get a free soundbar. 50C715 was sold for 46k in Reliance. Amazon is today selling it for 40k. So I ended up paying 6k for a soundbar no one has ever heard of :|

During the live show, it was told that special offer while pre-booking through RelianceDigital wherein you get a free soundbar. 50C715 was sold for 46k in Reliance. Amazon is today selling it for 40k. So I ended up paying 6k for a soundbar no one has ever heard of :|

The budget TCL bars that Rtings have tested weren't bad at all. So you'll be fine if they perform like those.

40k ?

Edit : nvm just saw. Tempted to purchase. But why such a difference in price though

The budget TCL bars that Rtings have tested weren't bad at all. So you'll be fine if they perform like those.
Yea it is 180W as per the customer care rep. The specs:

TS3015 2.1 channel home theatre soundbar with wireless subwoofer

TCL TS-SERIES.

Model--TS3015
Soundbar Length--850mm (33.5”)
Description--850mm, 180W,2.1CH, wireless subwoofer

SOUNDBAR FEATURES
Channels--2.1 CH
Maximum Audio Power--180W
Product dimensions (WxHxD)--850 x 64 x 60mm 33.5” x 2.6” x 2.4"
LED indicator--Multi-color LED
Keypad--On/Off, Vol -, Vol+, BT

AUDIO (Soundbar).
Driver Dimensions--2" driver
Sound Pressure Level--86 db (±3dB)
EQ Settings--Music/Movie/News/Treble/Bass

SUBWOOFER
Subwoofer included--Yes
Subwoofer Dimension (WxHxD)--170 x 300 x 200mm 6.7” x 11.9” x 7.9"

Wired/Wireless/Built-in--Wireless
Subwoofer Driver Dimensions--5.25" driver

Bluetooth--(version 5.0)

The Samsung Q800T reviews are out on Rtings now and it seems Q90T would be a better option. 8K is still in naive stage and i think it will take at least 5 years to make sense to buy a 8K TV

If h8g with all it's hardware can fail so badly against industry giants in some of the scenes, guess what these tcl panels ll do with no local dimming (or poorly implemented) and 400nits of brightness overall.
This is disappointing. OLEDs are too expensive and so is Q90R. :(

Oneplus TV is out. No QLED. What do you all think of this one?

I still have the option to cancel my prebooked TCL 50C715 :D

Oneplus TV is out. No QLED. What do you all think of this one?

I still have the option to cancel my prebooked TCL 50C715 :D
I am in the same position. Thinking of buying the OnePlus, but the tcl c715 is qled. OnePlus has good reviews, better processor and good software support. But I am guessing the PQ is similar. I think I'll go for the oneplus because the software experience with oneplus is better.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back