TCL: 3L for no local dimming, 400 nits tv.

I understand. I just so wish they were restrained in thier number but knowing how Chinesse brand are known to go overboard on numbers, even false advertisement, I am being just too optimistic. Perhaps in the heat of excitement of a launch of 75" 8K FALD under 3 lacs with HDMI 2.1(still don't know whether it's full Bandwidth like yours C9;)) and decent numberof 120 zones, I became too optimistic. Looking at the current situation of India's Television space with so less options, I am spoiled for choices

If the TV could indeed touch 800 nits, they would have written super-duper ultratastic brighter than brightest display, following other brands who claim their 400 nits display is ultra-bright.

75" Q825 is priced at $2,999 MRP in the US. TCL should be shamed till they start treating us with respect.

If the TV could indeed touch 800 nits, they would have written super-duper ultratastic brighter than brightest display, following other brands who claim their 400 nits display is ultra-bright.

75" Q825 is priced at $2,999 MRP in the US. TCL should be shamed till they start treating us with respect.
The LCD TV have remained stagnant for the past 2 years with the last good Samsung TV to come the Q8fn and Q9fn and that too wan't given a release(with Q8fn not getting released in India) and Q9FN only in 75" at exorbitant price. I had hoped that Hisense will atleast release last year H9F which was good enough TV in the league of Q8FN and Q90r barring the higher brightness.
I think this year we are only left with OLED(that C9 not CX that nerfed the HDMI 2.1 port), but the problem is I can't ask my parents to baby sit the OLED and stop watching DTH or news channels

The LCD TV have remained stagnant for the past 2 years with the last good Samsung TV to come the Q8fn and Q9fn and that too wan't given a release(with Q8fn not getting released in India) and Q9FN only in 75" at exorbitant price. I had hoped that Hisense will atleast release last year H9F which was good enough TV in the league of Q8FN and Q90r barring the higher brightness.
I think this year we are only left with OLED(that C9 not CX that nerfed the HDMI 2.1 port), but the problem is I can't ask my parents to baby sit the OLED and stop watching DTH or news channels

Haha! Get them another cheap TV for news and all. That's what I have done. My OLED is reserved for streaming, movie rips, gaming and cricket...back when sports were on.

Seeing the C815, it feels similar to one plus TV

Ahem...soooo...garbage mostly? lol The funny thing is that I'll have to get something for parents as the Iffalcon TV is still dead. Definitely going to stay away from TCL though. OTA update killing a perfectly fine TV is a big big red flag.

As of now, 65C8 is looking like the best option in 70k. Is it worth spending 15k more for a smaller (55") Frame 2020?

85k is the MRP. Expect at least 20% off during August sales, if not more. With the discount, worth it for me. That native contrast ratio is the best you can get without local dimming. At 85k though, might as well spend a bit more and get the Sony X950G or even LG B9.

20-25% extra over TCL model is worth IMO for The Frame. You're getting 40% better brightness and an amazing contrast ratio...close to good plasma models. Plus, I have a personal vendetta against TCL now because of how they bricked my parent's TV with OTA update on the exact day when warranty was over. Don't expect much support from them either.

It'll be and it should be way less than 1L , oitside they sell it for 55k. Cant be double the price even after duty.

I was looking at Sony X900H prices. In the US, they released it for 1400 dollars. Roughly 1.1 lakh.
X9000H in 65 is not available in India yet. X9000G, the previous year model is listed at MRP 2.7 lakh.

It's down to 1.67 lakh currently on Amazon India. You can get it for as low as 90K outside India.

So, companies do tend to screw us as much as they can, and our taxes and duties don't help.
I wouldn't be surprised if H8G is priced at 85k-90K.

Well sony can have that arrogance given the pedigree, hisense can't afford that. Humble beginnings go a long way especially in a price sensitive market like India. That being said whatever they price it at, i hope they make the smaller variations available as well.

There would be a sharp rise in prices even if there is no demand. This would do a bit in offsetting the loss of volume. Given the anti-China sentiment, the vendors would look to clear stock at full margin as their volume going to go down once the new import tarriffs are in place: https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-imported-chinese-products-1690533-2020-06-19 .
What this means is that there would be lesser players in TV market - Korean, Japanese & Taiwanese brands leading to Oligopoly. They would hike the prices as well to maximize market conditions. Be it Chinese or non-chinese brands, the prices of electronics are going to go up. No respite for consumers.

tcl qled.jpg
look at that "QLED" panel :rolleyes:

If you someone having an actual qled could post a sample photo of this screen that'd be great.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back