TCL 85p8m or LG 65C9 ?

RocK4EveR

Huge but a LED vs. OLED but Burn in Bite :eek:

so HiFi"s,,,, your VISON is needed :D

any TCL 85P8M owners, plz share the beauty of it like clarity and and any CON'S about the model.

any LG C9 owners, plz share if there's any BURN IN permenent problems, there is no doubt in OLED clarity but want to know about its sensitivity to BURN IN.

With the help of real lucky owners of these 2 models, hope we know which is better between these 2 models.

Plz share serial no., so real and genuine info. Or advice will come.

Hope everybody understand my idea, sorry for my bad English.

I was considering TCL 85 myself. But I am now considering Epson projector (5650). But my usage is very specific.

Static burn-in logo time on LG WOLED panel:

2016: 500-600 hours
2017: IGNIS Innovation's compensation tech increasing the life 7x
2018: 25% bigger red subpixel as red was degrading the fastest. Plus aperture/fill ratio improvement.
2019: Even bigger red subpixel and notched pixels with improved aperture/fill ratio

Expect at least 6,000 hours of usage before a static logo starts burning-in on 2019 panel. That's 6,000 hours of cumulative static logo on-screen time. The same logo, or same general static element, such as ticker on the same news channel, have to be on screen for 6,000 hours. No 2019 owner can tell you about burn-in because they won't face it till they cross this viewing time.

Let's see, if you watch cable TV with tatasky or airtel, and their logo is on screen all the time. If you watch for 3 hours everyday, that's 2,000 days before the logo burns in. Almost 6 years. 4 hours everyday means 1,500 days. So about 4+ years. 5 hours everyday might bring it down to 3 years, which starts becoming more problematic, and you'll be better off going with an LCD set. So calculate according to your usage.

However, this is a conservative estimate, as there's also a logo luminance feature, and it works well on dimming logos. Dimmer the logo, longer the life. I'm not even taking this into account.

Now you haven't mentioned your usage or viewing distance. Those dictate what will suit you better, along with your expectations.

Go for sony any time I ve demoed both LG and Sony and found Sony is better in Clarity, sharpness etc. . Also got same review one of my friend who is manager in Croma store. Sony is bit expensive but also better in overall performance.
Thanks

Huge but a LED vs. OLED but Burn in Bite :eek:

so HiFi"s,,,, your VISON is needed :D

any TCL 85P8M owners, plz share the beauty of it like clarity and and any CON'S about the model.

any LG C9 owners, plz share if there's any BURN IN permanent problems, there is no doubt in OLED clarity but want to know about its sensitivity to BURN IN.

With the help of real lucky owners of these 2 models, hope we know which is better between these 2 models.

Plz share serial no., so real and genuine info. Or advice will come.

Hope everybody understand my idea, sorry for my bad English.
Lol you want serial number.any one can give you that from google.dude plz be respectful to other members why will others give you false info.

anyways this is my request to all the member when you are asking advice or recommendation please specify 3 things.

1)budget,2)brightness in the room 3) type of content you like to watch.A lot is depend on these while selecting a tv.

Also if you want to know about burn-in the ask to people who own C7 or C8.because C9 is what 4-5 months old in india.I dont think many C9 users has faced this issue so far.They may have had other issues about panel but not burn -in.

Dont worry about burn in just focus on other factor which i have mentioned above so that people can give you better recommendation.

Lol you want serial number.any one can give you that from google.dude plz be respectful to other members why will others give you false info.

anyways this is my request to all the member when you are asking advice or recommendation please specify 3 things.

1)budget,2)brightness in the room 3) type of content you like to watch.A lot is depend on these while selecting a tv.

Also if you want to know about burn-in the ask to people who own C7 or C8.because C9 is what 4-5 months old in india.I dont think many C9 users has faced this issue so far.They may have had other issues about panel but not burn -in.

Dont worry about burn in just focus on other factor which i have mentioned above so that people can give you better recommendation.
Dear Rane, I have respects always. Just tell me how can we know burn in of C9 genuinely, I think who r facing it r wish to share coz they need ppl support in fight with company,,,, just don't irritate and think few minutes and try to understand my point,,, hope this forum help us all to get exact, genuine complaints

Dear Rane, I have respects always. Just tell me how can we know burn in of C9 genuinely, I think who r facing it r wish to share coz they need ppl support in fight with company,,,, just don't irritate and think few minutes and try to understand my point,,, hope this forum help us all to get exact, genuine complaints
dude you are missing point C9 launched few months back.so even if someone using C9 for 24 hrs a day it will take them few more months to see burn-in.You should ask this to people who have purchased OLEDs in 2018,2017,2016 and not to C9 owners.burn-in takes time to show.members who are using C6,C7,C8 can give you better insights on burn-in than C9 users

We do have special thread for 85p TCL but if you are asking it here, it's a bang for the budget and eye.
For me clarity over such a size difference. :p

Hi raghav,,,, cool,,,, so I think u own it,,, if so plz tell how much time it takes to boot up,,, how's the clarity of non-HD channels and HD channels. Is the brightness, contrast and colors r uniform at all corners?,,,, is there any pixilattion if u watch it below 5 to 10 feet,,,, any cons,,,, plz share buddy

If you are not some one who is looking for perfection I think the 85 inch Tcl is a good choice. Size really matters so if you can accommodate a 85inch the TCL is a good choice. I haven’t personally seen or auditioned any TCL Tv’s but based on reviews they are ok for its price. I have a c9 65 and for me size and quality matters equally. My viewing distance is 7-8 feet and 65 inch is perfect. Doesn’t feel big or small but standard. So my suggestion would be if your seating distance is 7-8 feet c9 65 should be excellent. Coming to burn in its very difficult for any c9 owners to comment as it’s not even a year old.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back