TCL to launch C825 with FALD Mini LED backlighting in May

That is great news... But really wonder what will be the price as they placed P725 at 90k now.
Yeah I think the 55 inch is overpriced as well. I'm hoping the 55 inch c825 comes in around 70-80k, I'd love to have a good FALD option at that price range . Right now if you want a 55 inch FALD set it's either the u7980 (which is almost never available) or x900h which is close to 1L. At 1L I feel it's better to stretch the budget and get an OLED if it's available for around 1.2L

That is great news... But really wonder what will be the price as they placed P725 at 90k now.
The price of P725 is definitely way too high to make any sense right now. I hope they're going for aggressive discounts during holidays with this pricing.

C825 will make sense if it's around 70-75k for 55" and 1.1 lakh for the 65". Any higher and it's better to stretch for the OLED during Diwali sales.

I expect 55" LG C1 to go below 1 lakh this year during Diwali and 65" to go around 1.3-1.4 as well (including offers and cashback).

1.3 to 1.4 for a 65" OLED will make them go out of stock in less than a week.
We got 65" CX OLEDs for ~1.6L last year during Diwali. This year it has been a 10-15% price cut all over the line, so it's not unreasonable to expect so. Note that these prices I'm quoting are including all the cashback offers. So 1.4 lakh (effective) isn't a pipe dream

Last edited:
Looks pricey even in vietnam so Indian price can be easily expected near 1lac+ levels for this 55 unit. Digged up an article for the review and it looks good though.

Wish tcl launched 6 series here instead

We got 65" CX OLEDs for ~1.6L last year during Diwali. This year it has been a 10-15% price cut all over the line, so it's not unreasonable to expect so. Note that these prices I'm quoting are including all the cashback offers. So 1.4 lakh (effective) isn't a pipe dream
My living room gets very bright during the day so sadly OLED is not an option for me, would have really loved to buy a 65 incher at around 1.5L otherwise.

Looks pricey even in vietnam so Indian price can be easily expected near 1lac+ levels for this 55 unit. Digged up an article for the review and it looks good though.

1 lac for a TCL 55" would be stupid. You can get OLEDs during Diwali around that.

1 lac for a TCL 55" would be stupid. You can get OLEDs during Diwali around that.
Exactly. I wonder how they came up with that pricing -

Thanks. So far the only review. Look foward to seeing detailed tech reviews on this - AVS style by some of the Euro/ UK review folks.

Exactly. I wonder how they came up with that pricing -
Again it's the only review i could find so far in the matrix after searching on a daily basis Not sure how or why that price but I'm sure they are looking at market skimming with the early adopters. Design and the way the sub integrates in the body looks neat though.Priced in Vietnam, where samsung comes in easy, they seem launching at 65inch at 1.3l and 1+l for 55 of they decide to be honest. Thugs at Sony and Samsung seem to inspire everyone to plunder the Tv buyers in India, so I'm pretty sure they will launch with some extra bump as well and kill our hopes thoroughly.

I firmly believe C825 is the rehashed version of the Q825 TVs launched in USA (2019) Check out the reviews at Rtings.

I firmly believe C825 is the rehashed version of the Q825 TVs launched in USA (2019) Check out the reviews at Rtings.
I don't think it is. The Q825 has around 1000 dimming zones while this TV has 160.

It's most likely a worse panel than the Q825 (and closer to the R635) but has newer features, chipset and processing.

I had a basic 4k TCL TV. It started having some lines. Was replaced under warranty after a long time. The replacement also has a problem. It's picture does not sync with the audio. So I have made a complaint again. Let's see how this goes.
The picture quality I'd average. And for the sound I use my Bose 500 soundbar and it's Subwoofer.
Just sharing my experience.

I had a basic 4k TCL TV. It started having some lines. Was replaced under warranty after a long time. The replacement also has a problem. It's picture does not sync with the audio. So I have made a complaint again. Let's see how this goes.
The picture quality I'd average. And for the sound I use my Bose 500 soundbar and it's Subwoofer.
Just sharing my experience.
By the way I forgot to mention: my TV is 55 inches.

^^ Covid 19 is the longest lasting product from China is it?
Actually jokes apart TCL is almost among the largest selling consumer electronics brand in the world. I have seen most public TVs as TCL in many places.
In 2011 when I had gone to Singapore, I saw a TCL in my Hotel room. In 2012 in Georgia in a small-town called Poti by the Black sea, in a forex counter, it was a TCL tv displaying Euro:Lari currency exchange rates. In Pardubice, Czech republic, a bar had TCL showing football match. In Helsinki Vanta airport I have seen it showing flight status. In Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, there was a TCL single brand store. In Saint Petersburg railway station there is a TCL commercial TV. My cousin in Denver, Colorado owns a TCL. They sometimes can be so common that you will wonder why it is not trying to become a premium brand?

This is definitely going north of 1lac for 55 incher, EU pricing and UK pricing are in line with the Vietnam pricing all are north of 1lacs..Now unless its below that price as suggested by other FM's the QN90A at dealers is more VFM for mini led than going with TCL. High chances as well that the panels in India will be shabby as they have always preferred to. More likely than not if the pricing isn't right its doomed on arrival

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back