TCL to launch C825 with FALD Mini LED backlighting in May

Better to stay away till someone else buys and posts reviews on Amazon. Walk into any near RD or Croma and see the way they look side by side. I never found TCL or Oneplus QLED on store demo anywhere near the Sammy or Sony's. Demo and then buy is the only recommendation here.

I am in the process of buying a high end TV for my HT and was waiting for this thread ,as this TCL TV looked promising. Luckily all points which I wanted to know about this TV is discussed in this thread and I didn't have to do any R&D :p .

As the price is too high so will keep waiting for LG C1 .
You think TCL is high end ? Whats low end ?

You think TCL is high end ? Whats low end ?
Maybe not high end in brand name but in features it maybe. TCL is actually not so bad also in brand image. Definitely the Chinese adjunct in country of make, make people look down upon it. In my late twenties to mid thirties I had extensively trotted many countries in Asia and Europe where I saw many commercial establishments having TCL TVs in their rooms or lounges. Infact when TCL got popular in India, I myself have gifted my father in law one and for five years he has had no issues with it.

Well tbh im removing my post, really unsure unless someone buys it with the chinks.On the vietnamese site they say the 55 incher C728 has 1296 microdimming zones o_O(best in class for a 55" ive read)

And for the flagship c825 there is no mention of dimming zones in specs:cool:.

TCL india site both sets seem to have FALD but no mention of FALD in launch event . Maybe someone is having a good laugh somewhere
but in veatnam site they said DLED panel,330 nits for c728 55inch

Maybe not high end in brand name but in features it maybe. TCL is actually not so bad also in brand image. Definitely the Chinese adjunct in country of make, make people look down upon it. In my late twenties to mid thirties I had extensively trotted many countries in Asia and Europe where I saw many commercial establishments having TCL TVs in their rooms or lounges. Infact when TCL got popular in India, I myself have gifted my father in law one and for five years he has had no issues with it.
Oh, you saw lots of tcl so they are high end. In India i saw lots of maruti 800 so i guess they are also high end ?
I have inspected equipment in china not very long ago and i wouldn't trust those crooks with one rupee if i have a choice.
The problem with the Chinese is that they are mostly aware that they are passing off stuff of shoddy quality. When caught and confronted , they show their 32 teeth and don't even contest our complaints.
They enjoy massive advantages in price and delivery. And we are stuck with getting their equipment into shape. In industry the thumb rule for Chinese equipment is to multiply the purchase price by 1.2 times for actual cost to customer. As a lot of improvements have to be made inhouse before it reaches acceptable operational levels.
In the middle east atleast i saw a lot of lg screens in public places.

I am not saying it is high end but it is a passable brand. Mi, I would not vouch but TCL is okay. Like equivalent to a mid range tv of top three.

Oh, you saw lots of tcl so they are high end. In India i saw lots of maruti 800 so i guess they are also high end ?
I have inspected equipment in china not very long ago and i wouldn't trust those crooks with one rupee if i have a choice.
The problem with the Chinese is that they are mostly aware that they are passing off stuff of shoddy quality. When caught and confronted , they show their 32 teeth and don't even contest our complaints.
They enjoy massive advantages in price and delivery. And we are stuck with getting their equipment into shape. In industry the thumb rule for Chinese equipment is to multiply the purchase price by 1.2 times for actual cost to customer. As a lot of improvements have to be made inhouse before it reaches acceptable operational levels.
In the middle east atleast i saw a lot of lg screens in public places.
Not sure whether this explains how Tcl as a brand is in India. I own a Tcl tv and quality wise and the price i paid for it, I'd say it's pretty good for what it's does.

And not to mention the service Tcl provides. I can't vouch for other places but they are very good in the metro I live in. Had two issues, one with a usb port, and one with Google accounts, and they easily fixed both of them, and one of them through phone(, given that you can speak English fluently as the person who handled my issue was from another state and neither of us spoke the other's respective local language.)

Not sure whether this explains how Tcl as a brand is in India. I own a Tcl tv and quality wise and the price i paid for it, I'd say it's pretty good for what it's does.

And not to mention the service Tcl provides. I can't vouch for other places but they are very good in the metro I live in. Had two issues, one with a usb port, and one with Google accounts, and they easily fixed both of them, and one of them through phone(, given that you can speak English fluently as the person who handled my issue was from another state and neither of us spoke the other's respective local language.)
tcl much better than mi, real me ,oneplus, Nokia,moto ,am using ifalkon k71 ,ips panel,dled at 21 k its great deal

Seems like they have improved their service now. I had a horrible experience with TCL as they failed to replace the panel within the warranty period and went legal to get the panel replaced. It is good if the service has improved now.

Not sure why most think it is from China hence bad.
Many people in US consider TCL too when buying against Sony, LG or Samsung.

Check out this link

they not releasing US models in india

Agree on you, lot of them actually. But it might change. Current TVs launched are available outside India too. Lets hope we do get good TVs from TCL. Now the footprint is created, they can bring quality products.

Check out this video for c825 and c728 it does support 4k@120hz but dunno why dolby vision is grayed out. Hope Indian version is not a skimped variant.

TCL is not so trustworthy company, but yes it fulfills the budget needs of consumers.
More than the brand I usually would like to go for a successful model, even big 3 may have failure models.
PS: I own Iffalcon 55" 4Ktv that had screen to be replaced within 6 months.

139.7 cm (55 inch) QLED Mini LED Smart TV, 55C825..
Preorder at reliance digital

Not sure why most think it is from China hence bad.
Many people in US consider TCL too when buying against Sony, LG or Samsung.

Check out this link
You are right , a prejudice does exist in people's mind about Chinese brands. You might be surprised to know even Chinese ppl in china are prejudiced against their own domestic brands.
When i was in China in early 2010s , they wouldn't touch their domestic brands , which were mostly for the 3rd world export market and low end buyers in China. Now times have changed in certain areas , though MNCs are still prefered in China.
And its not only China. I was prejudiced against even lg. The cx lg is the 1st non Sony TV i have ever bought - my 3rd tv in the last 20 years , though we have a lg led which my father had bought.
TCL is picked after the big 3 in the US and for its low price.
A tv is a visual medium for everyday use and my view is that paying a bit extra is worth it for getting a better experience. Sony's oled prices are unfortunately ridiculous in India .

LG - life is good! They are the customer friendliest company among the big brands. If a TV goes bust, they sometimes offer to replace the set even post warranty - often the old set replaced by the latest version in product line. I am prejudiced against Samsung though. And Sony's mid range products according to me is just average at best as per my experience with their products.

Seems like they have improved their service now. I had a horrible experience with TCL as they failed to replace the panel within the warranty period and went legal to get the panel replaced. It is good if the service has improved now.
Ouch. That does seem bad. When did this happen? And what was the model? I'm pretty sure the people who were involved didn't want to or were lazy to acknowledge the issue. Under warranty, they certainly can't skip and blame something else was at fault.

Ouch. That does seem bad. When did this happen? And what was the model? I'm pretty sure the people who were involved didn't want to or were lazy to acknowledge the issue. Under warranty, they certainly can't skip and blame something else was at fault.
This happened even before the Pandemic sometime in June-July 2019 I think. I don't remember the model number but it was a 42 inch one I think which I was using as a secondary TV for guest room. I have even written about this in the forum - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/new-tcl-85-inch-tv-model-1-99l-inr.75604/#post-845847

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back