TCL to launch C825 with FALD Mini LED backlighting in May

1,14 lacs for 55" as predicted, and 1.5lacs for 65" , launched today.

Last edited:
This is in the same territory of Sony & Samsung...
Quite expected of them, unless they have a VFM product and pricing like 6 series its difficult to win. Their QLEDs looked washed out side by side in the stores I saw, unsure if this one might be any different as they dump shit panels in India.

Quite expected of them, unless they have a VFM product and pricing like 6 series its difficult to win. Their QLEDs looked washed out side by side in the stores I saw, unsure if this one might be any different as they dump shit panels in India.
Even if they offer at par PQ , I personally would rather give my money to Sony or Samsung but hey that's just me. others might not see it that way and may want to try something different :)

Looks like TCL 728 suits my needs and comes around 80k and is 55", 120hz, VRR, ALLM, eArc and HDMI 2.1

But one gripe, only one HDMI 2.1 port.
FMs out their can guide me, if I want to connect SeriesX for 120hz gaming and route the sound to my AVR how should I do it?

Looks like TCL 728 suits my needs and comes around 80k and is 55", 120hz, VRR, ALLM, eArc and HDMI 2.1

FMs out their can guide me, if I want to connect SeriesX for 120hz gaming and route the sound to my AVR how should I do it?
C728 is FALD? Any idea about the nits

I am in the process of buying a high end TV for my HT and was waiting for this thread ,as this TCL TV looked promising. Luckily all points which I wanted to know about this TV is discussed in this thread and I didn't have to do any R&D :p .

As the price is too high so will keep waiting for LG C1 .

I read somewhere that the panel is 100hz .

I am in the process of buying a high end TV for my HT and was waiting for this thread ,as this TCL TV looked promising. Luckily all points which I wanted to know about this TV is discussed in this thread and I didn't have to do any R&D :p .

As the price is too high so will keep waiting for LG C1 .
You said you want a high end TV. So I would suggest you look for Sony, LG and Samsung and don't waste your time here. :) :p

But their website says that C728 is indeed FALD.

View attachment 59098
Well tbh im removing my post, really unsure unless someone buys it with the chinks.On the vietnamese site they say the 55 incher C728 has 1296 microdimming zones o_O(best in class for a 55" ive read)

And for the flagship c825 there is no mention of dimming zones in specs:cool:.

TCL india site both sets seem to have FALD but no mention of FALD in launch event . Maybe someone is having a good laugh somewhere

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back