TCL to launch C825 with FALD Mini LED backlighting in May

A TV like this is best checked out in person versus a blind, internet, you tube based buy.

I have seen a 65P715 and it is impressive. Not cheap but worth a look. Trouble is, when you place this TV beside a Panasonic, LG or Sony, you tend to ask yourself, would I rather not buy a more known name just as a safety net. Its a lot of money after all.

A TV like this is best checked out in person versus a blind, internet, you tube based buy.

I have seen a 65P715 and it is impressive. Not cheap but worth a look. Trouble is, when you place this TV beside a Panasonic, LG or Sony, you tend to ask yourself, would I rather not buy a more known name just as a safety net. Its a lot of money after all.
For that how much I have to pay extra? Minimum 30k . That is huge for a tv.

For that how much I have to pay extra? Minimum 30k . That is huge for a tv.

This! Agree with you.

That said even reputed brand TVs can go kaput, servicing can get hit or miss. It's upto ones experience. I had a Sony LED TV which went bad, couldn't source parts and was too much of a hassle. Got a cheap Micromax, yes a Micromax TV for parents and it is still running good after 6-7 yrs.
But for some it is piece of mind too. TCL lies between good brands and cheap brands.

After reading this thread ,it seems which TV to buy is difficult ,I have a bright room,& about 6 years back I got a good price for LG IPS LED 49 inches ,with the onset of OTT content ,it has become very diffi to watch programs,as dark content is totally black,but LG,s service has been very good,in extended warranty ,even my magic remote was replaced with a new one free of cost .I had liked Oled TV,but reflections and light forbid me to go for it ,New EVO panels may be suitable ,but are very expensive ,in a year or 2 may come down in price to as normal Oled,s panel,till then was thinking of going for FALD tv,which can be running for next few years,till new technologies stabilise,,but all FALD VA panel TV manufacturers have quality issues ,I was planning to go for TCL 65 C825 mini LED Tv,but now it seems TCL also has few problems with their mini led TV,s ,Philips is selling all 2 or 3 years old models,Panasonic does not have any FALD Tv, Samsung is unreliable ,Sony,s are very overpriced ,it has become very difficult for buy a perfect reliable reasonable priced TV.

After reading this thread ,it seems which TV to buy is difficult ,I have a bright room,& about 6 years back I got a good price for LG IPS LED 49 inches ,with the onset of OTT content ,it has become very diffi to watch programs,as dark content is totally black,but LG,s service has been very good,in extended warranty ,even my magic remote was replaced with a new one free of cost .I had liked Oled TV,but reflections and light forbid me to go for it ,New EVO panels may be suitable ,but are very expensive ,in a year or 2 may come down in price to as normal Oled,s panel,till then was thinking of going for FALD tv,which can be running for next few years,till new technologies stabilise,,but all FALD VA panel TV manufacturers have quality issues ,I was planning to go for TCL 65 C825 mini LED Tv,but now it seems TCL also has few problems with their mini led TV,s ,Philips is selling all 2 or 3 years old models,Panasonic does not have any FALD Tv, Samsung is unreliable ,Sony,s are very overpriced ,it has become very difficult for buy a perfect reliable reasonable priced TV.
Welcome to the boat, I'm living with a busted tv myself each day researching and holding off as it makes no sense to buy this or pay a lac plus for the wildly overpriced sony. I would have bought a Samsung had it been having the dolby vision, the Sony if it were sub 1 Lac, and reliable as the past. Not everyone is running fully loaded to spend a bomb on an unreliable piece of machinery,where there is no guarantee beyond the service period of 1 year. Hisense, toshiba et all have very poor service records and very limited rather 0 models in fald and at the end you just end up not buying anything. While we wait for diwali, the prices of tv's keeps going north, let's see what miracles happen in a month now.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back