Technics Equalizer - SH-8028

sudhirbhosale

Hi
I bought Technics Equalizer - SH-8028. But I notice not more difference after shifting controls up/down. Especially for low. Initially I felt the product is not working fine, but when I wanted videos online the shift is not too great.
So would like to hear from FMs what exactly is value add by equalizer? It there way to increase control response e.g. cleaning sliding controls, changing caps etc

Thanks

One of the review mentioned below which I could not understand:
the ports on the back of the receiver are not made for it some of the receivers were made with a pre amp in and out,thought u could run the equalizer through the cassette ports but both channels run to receiver and leaves no way to hook up, I watched videos on u tube and the unit

I am not sure if I am using correctly. I am feeding aux input from mobile and line out feed to yamaha stereo amp RX496

I use my equalizer to fine tune bad recordings only and find each step makes quite a difference. I use it very conservatively. Please note it is better to lower the controls than boost( to cause least degradation in original sound)

Connect your mobile to your amplifier line input(aux) and equalizer to your tape in and out. In this way you can use your equalizer with multiple components(Mobile,CD Player, Tuner,DVD Player).

I have a Marantz PM7000 that has a processor in/out to specifically connect an equalizer. See image below:

s-l1600.jpg

I use my equalizer to fine tune bad recordings only and find each step makes quite a difference. I use it very conservatively. Please note it is better to lower the controls than boost( to cause least degradation in original sound)

Connect your mobile to your amplifier line input(aux) and equalizer to your tape in and out. In this way you can use your equalizer with multiple components(Mobile,CD Player, Tuner,DVD Player).

I have a Marantz PM7000 that has a processor in/out specifically to connect an equalizer. See image below:

View attachment 29977

Back