Technolink TC-754 preamp ~5k

kaushik

Technolink TC-754 is used all over world as low cost starter pre..
Knowing the fact that many branded pre goes in the 20-50k mark
for 73usd this unit delivers good value and well reviewed in tnt audio etc.
Has MM phono stage,also DAC cdp inputs.
It remembers selected source after power off too ,soft push selection.

Known to match Tripath amp very much!

MM phono stage and just a couple of chips (Toshiba TC9208N and TC4013RP) to control inputs and switches. The three line level inputs have zero-gain so you can actually think of it as an almost passive line preamp paired with a phono MM preamp. No tape loop is available and no headphones output either. Leds indicate which input has been selected.

Has full discrete pre stages, a
tc754_rear.jpg

this is referred as T-preamp!
T-Preamp phono stage is so vastly superior that it seems a component which belongs to a totally different price league. The bass is punchier, more extendend and articulated (for example, on "Never as good as the first time" by Sade) while the mids are fuller and possess a far better sense of presence. In the high range the difference is even greater.

however casing is basic,it is better .....anyways you are not paying for a fancy cabinet

,but good components inside.

Unit ships to india for 18US!

order link
TCC TC-754 Details and Hookup

Kaushik, hats off to you for finding so much stuff that is helpful to all the members here, esp stuff that is affordable and can be procured for lower than usual price.

I think Technolink is the OEM for Beresford. That cabinet looks very similar to the Caiman's cabinet.

Kaushik, hats off to you for finding so much stuff that is helpful to all the members here, esp stuff that is affordable and can be procured for lower than usual price.
Peoples' smile is my happiness........:)

my focus lies on value for money always.

Third class product avoid at any cost.Purchase Cambridge Audio Azur 640P at 7.5k. Performance far far better.I have a spare TC-750 phono preamp if any body interested i am ready to sold.

Third class product avoid at any cost.Purchase Cambridge Audio Azur 640P at 7.5k. Performance far far better.I have a spare TC-750 phono preamp if any body interested i am ready to sold.

oh ..nooo!

reality is harsh ,that one is TC-754 btw
but ca is 10k i guess where u bought for 7.5k?

I dont know about the product under discussion in the thread. But comparing it with Azur 640p may not be correct.

Product under discussion seems to be a pre-amplifier with built-in option for phono-MM pre-amp, however azur 640p is only phono-preamp.

Phono is discrete and well VFM product, competitive to top valued products. The source selection chip is same as that Beresford DAC.

I am proud owner of one with upgraded power supply and interested fellows can contact me.

Its a good Phono preamp with bad power suppply(adapter/wall wart)and comparable with CA 640P.Total VFM product.One should upgraded it with better power supply or run on batteries.It will surely give compaction to phonostages costing upto 10k.

Regards,
Sachin

Compare yourself TCC-750 Rs 4k (approx) vs Azur 640P Rs 7K (2010 price purchased TCC-750 from phonopreamps.com and Azur 640P from SKS Traders)

pcbjo.jpg
Azur 640P

tcctc750preamp.jpg
TCC-750

hehehe ..in components seem to be 100Rs.TCC-750

may be simplicity is doing magic?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Instead of creating new thread ,here only lets hunt for <5k preamp or kit.Super simple is there...but we can get little advanced :p

rcore,cabbie we can manage..just kit will do.

Sorry for OT:

Does not AT ALL belong to the subject of this thread.. but when you say "The magic of simplicity" I could not help but think of this..

Acoustics3.jpg

Each and every component hand selected from among thousands and meticulously matched with every other component before putting it into the circuit.

Last edited:
Sorry for OT:

Does not AT ALL belong to the subject of this thread.. but when you say "The magic of simplicity" I could not help but think of this..

Acoustics3.jpg

Each and every component hand selected from among thousands and meticulously matched with every other component before putting it into the circuit.

wow,but long parallel pcb lines is bad design

Sorry for OT:

Acoustics3.jpg

Is this is a active pre-amplifier. What is the make and model?

Instead of creating new thread ,here only lets hunt for <5k preamp or kit.Super simple is there...but we can get little advanced :p

rcore,cabbie we can manage..just kit will do.

I was talking about this -

tc754_inside.jpg

hosted at tnt audio

Reference from tnt audio.

T-Preamp TCC TC754 - 3 inputs preamp with MM phono stage - [English]

Look similarity between Beresford dac chassis including input selection circuit around Toshiba chip

Tirna1.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back